Rambo to Miami!!!!!

We've seen players get snaps that don't deserve it on both sides of the ball. It's kind of hard to imagine that we only hire coordinators and position coaches with a seniority mindset. If it does come from Manny, he has to see that his seat's going to get hotter unless he can produce results.

Advertisement
The jumping catch attempt by Wiggins vs OKST did it for me....I've NEVER seen anything like that in all my years...and i've seen a LOT of football played from coaching Pop Warner to playing Semi-Pro to being a Ref at the HS level.....never seen it before...he looked like a DE out there with two fractured hands covered with those huge clubs....unbelievable

I want @Cribby or @Liberty City El or @The Franchise or @JAYBLAZE or @ ANYBODY WITH THE SCOOP to tell me are the consequences of losing Cooney by benching his guys worth it for us? Or is the loss of Cooney due to his ties to SoFLA too deep and we be better off losing kids to the portal at WR due to OBVIOUS favoritism being shown to Cooney's kids at WR? And fellas, I get that zone of "just can't answer that" so if this is a no fly zone area, tell ya boy just that, "No Fly Zone" lol......oh yeah i'm bringing in @Rellyrell too cuz I want ur take on this as well. I mean it feels like right now this one of those "deals w/the devil" type things where we just have to pay the debt and once those two are gone our slate is clean and all is well....hope that's not the case but if it is then T.....G.....I......THOSE TWO KIDS SR SEASONS.

I’ve spoke my piece on the favoritism here. I wasn’t speaking out of turn; spoke on my suspicions & it was verified. I’m not sure the influence of Cooney, but to me, it seems that this was the cost of hiring a So Fla connected coach on staff. Imo, nothing will change on the depth chart this season. Clearly Smith was the better WR than both Wiggins & Pope regarding route running, ability to separate, and catch.

But I digress man. However, if I don’t see Rambo starting over any of those two, imma have a serious problem.

Bruh we not rotating WRs like that lol. Look at the system and what we try to do. Tempo, very limited subs. This isn’t mark wvipple 😂..my overall point is this, like you said, coaches play who they trust. A lot goes into that. You factor in the **** went on this particular szn and you should easily figure why the rotation was what it was. Limited practice. Limited players. Guys in and out. All that. It’s gonna be open comp from spring through fall. So when 8 & 6 are still getting the nod I can’t wait for the inevitable narrative “coaches playing favorites” Pope and Wiggins being vets and talented will still get major reps. That means they beat out that room

Of course the up-tempo system we run does not lend itself to us rotating WRs (or any position, really) during a series. But there are multiple offensive series in a football game, my man. Drop an easy pass the first series? You sit the second. And if the guy we put in for you is balling, you might be sitting for a few. That's all I want to see.

The rest I think we agree on. Coaches are going to put in players that they trust, and in a crazy off-season and season, it's harder for younger guys to build that trust with even more limited reps. I expect Lashlee/Likens will view the position a bit different this season, and hopefully that means we spread some snaps around (or Pope and Wiggins are suddenly killing it, which I admit I don't think is all that likely).

That's what I figure happens, they do well in practice. When the lights come on, we all know what happens.

Some are gamers and some aren't. Some are practice players and maybe that's them.

There's no way I keep sending them out like we did.
That’s gamer **** is a myth. Unless your skip bayless talking about Tebow

Those two will only play if they’re clearly better but I can’t see a scenario where at least one (Wiggins) and possibly both losing their jobs to Rambo and Smith among others.

Advertisement
Of course the up-tempo system we run does not lend itself to us rotating WRs (or any position, really) during a series. But there are multiple offensive series in a football game, my man. Drop an easy pass the first series? You sit the second. And if the guy we put in for you is balling, you might be sitting for a few. That's all I want to see.

The rest I think we agree on. Coaches are going to put in players that they trust, and in a crazy off-season and season, it's harder for younger guys to build that trust with even more limited reps. I expect Lashlee/Likens will view the position a bit different this season, and hopefully that means we spread some snaps around (or Pope and Wiggins are suddenly killing it, which I admit I don't think is all that likely).
I just don’t quite see those reps getting spread out in this system given what he wants to do with tempo. These guys 83,12,7,84, 5 gunna have to make a big jump. Then u throw in the youngins. What doesn’t get talked about befor we anointed Rambo is he had the drops at OU also. But given he’s a vet and clearly brings too ls to the table I have him penciled in at a slot position with 3. Then you have X, Y or Z up for legitimate grabs in the spring

I just don’t quite see those reps getting spread out in this system given what he wants to do with tempo. These guys 83,12,7,84, 5 gunna have to make a big jump. Then u throw in the youngins. What doesn’t get talked about befor we anointed Rambo is he had the drops at OU also. But given he’s a vet and clearly brings too ls to the table I have him penciled in at a slot position with 3. Then you have X, Y or Z up for legitimate grabs in the spring

Rambo's biggest area for improvement is making contested catches, and he can also be a bit of a body catcher. But if he can look more like he did in 2019 than 2020, we've got a real threat on our hands.

That’s gamer **** is a myth. Unless your skip bayless talking about Tebow

That's some dumb **** right there and it clearly says one thing. You never played a competitive sport at a high level and definitely not football.

Both those two guys are built like twigs. They're both terrified of contact if I were guessing and that not only affects your concentration, but movement without the ball. They're worried about getting lit up anytime they're on the move.

There's plenty of examples of people switching it on when the lights come on. Coaches have said it, players have said it, and there's a big difference between practice for some. When you know your teammate isn't going to go as hard on you as an opposing player, you can make some of those plays you wouldn't in a game. The other team isn't showing you any mercy, they want to take your *** out.

We've seen players get snaps that don't deserve it on both sides of the ball. It's kind of hard to imagine that we only hire coordinators and position coaches with a seniority mindset. If it does come from Manny, he has to see that his seat's going to get hotter unless he can produce results.
I have said this a few times but I am unsure if Manny "changed" over the years in terms of preferring seniors but overall I do not see it. I think it is a convenient reason for why Pope Wiggins Ivey and McCloud were bad and kept getting burn (I believe those are the 4 main culprits people point to in this argument)

BUT look at history.... against ND at the Rock, final drive of the first half where ND could have got some momentum, As DChe had TF Bandy, Garvin and Carter all on the field together, on prime time, top 10 matchup at a pivotal point in the game etc.

Fast forward to LSU, I remember on the long TD run in the first half we had a bunchhhh of young guys in at the same time.

Fast forward to him as HC, first game against UF goes with RS Frosh Williams over more experience, TF Zion at tackle, TF Clark at G later down the road.

This most recent season, TFs Rooster and Don got plenty of burn on offense. We suffered with Clark all year at Guard as a True Soph. and Flagg got a ton of snaps toward the end of the season at LB.

Advertisement
The few of you defending the wr rotation last year should self ban for awhile. Some absolutely disgusting takes in here.
The few of you defending the wr rotation last year should self ban for awhile. Some absolutely disgusting takes in here.

Most of these ****'s are fans of the players more than the team, maybe they played street ball together but who knows???

I’ve spoke my piece on the favoritism here. I wasn’t speaking out of turn; spoke on my suspicions & it was verified. I’m not sure the influence of Cooney, but to me, it seems that this was the cost of hiring a So Fla connected coach on staff. Imo, nothing will change on the depth chart this season. Clearly Smith was the better WR than both Wiggins & Pope regarding route running, ability to separate, and catch.

But I digress man. However, if I don’t see Rambo starting over any of those two, imma have a serious problem.
Rambo is 100% guaranteed a starting spot... Trust me! The moment we made contact with him, that was settled!

Most of these ****'s are fans of the players more than the team, maybe they played street ball together but who knows???

Keep the order straight:

We love the Manny the most, then Mario, then the players, then the assistants especially Patke, then Blake James THEN the team.

Advertisement
That's some dumb **** right there and it clearly says one thing. You never played a competitive sport at a high level and definitely not football.

Both those two guys are built like twigs. They're both terrified of contact if I were guessing and that not only affects your concentration, but movement without the ball. They're worried about getting lit up anytime they're on the move.

There's plenty of examples of people switching it on when the lights come on. Coaches have said it, players have said it, and there's a big difference between practice for some. When you know your teammate isn't going to go as hard on you as an opposing player, you can make some of those plays you wouldn't in a game. The other team isn't showing you any mercy, they want to take your *** out.
Like I said; the gamer **** is a **** myth. If you making plays on game day, basketball, baseball, football etc you was making them plays in practice, scrimmage etc. in basketball if you don’t have a left in practice you don’t automatically have a left on game day. In baseball if you don’t have a plate approach in BP, live, or tee work you don’t automatically have a approach come game day. In football if you not making plays in practice you don’t just get in and make ******* plays.

That term is lazy commentator talk or coach speak or player speak. However you wanna spill it. When the Bucs or NE go 2-min I promise you 12 has the same consistency from practice to game day.

the rest of your opinion on 8 & 6 that’s your opinion. When I see them it’s a strict concentration issue and kids who look like they pressin

for ***** sake who are your favorite “gamers” ? 👀

This is what I keep trying to tell the casuals in my group thread...they think this dude is our next stud because he had a high ranking. Meanwhile, I keep having to remind them that his parents are psychos who dissolved their marriage so he could play football. Tell me one time a kid with that kind of parents actually lived up to the hype. Some Forcier / Clausen vibes.
Marinovich

The jumping catch attempt by Wiggins vs OKST did it for me....I've NEVER seen anything like that in all my years...and i've seen a LOT of football played from coaching Pop Warner to playing Semi-Pro to being a Ref at the HS level.....never seen it before...he looked like a DE out there with two fractured hands covered with those huge clubs....unbelievable

I want @Cribby or @Liberty City El or @The Franchise or @JAYBLAZE or @ ANYBODY WITH THE SCOOP to tell me are the consequences of losing Cooney by benching his guys worth it for us? Or is the loss of Cooney due to his ties to SoFLA too deep and we be better off losing kids to the portal at WR due to OBVIOUS favoritism being shown to Cooney's kids at WR? And fellas, I get that zone of "just can't answer that" so if this is a no fly zone area, tell ya boy just that, "No Fly Zone" lol......oh yeah i'm bringing in @Rellyrell too cuz I want ur take on this as well. I mean it feels like right now this one of those "deals w/the devil" type things where we just have to pay the debt and once those two are gone our slate is clean and all is well....hope that's not the case but if it is then T.....G.....I......THOSE TWO KIDS SR SEASONS.
Cooney has no input on starting lineups, he's not an on field position coach & he has no say so on who coaches decide to play...

This idea that Wiggins & Pope play because of Cooney is nothing more than a CIS myth.

Manny Diaz in conjunction with the coordinator on whichever side of the ball & the particular position coach are the ones who decide who starts & how many reps they get.

Advertisement
I have said this a few times but I am unsure if Manny "changed" over the years in terms of preferring seniors but overall I do not see it. I think it is a convenient reason for why Pope Wiggins Ivey and McCloud were bad and kept getting burn (I believe those are the 4 main culprits people point to in this argument)

BUT look at history.... against ND at the Rock, final drive of the first half where ND could have got some momentum, As DChe had TF Bandy, Garvin and Carter all on the field together, on prime time, top 10 matchup at a pivotal point in the game etc.

Fast forward to LSU, I remember on the long TD run in the first half we had a bunchhhh of young guys in at the same time.

Fast forward to him as HC, first game against UF goes with RS Frosh Williams over more experience, TF Zion at tackle, TF Clark at G later down the road.

This most recent season, TFs Rooster and Don got plenty of burn on offense. We suffered with Clark all year at Guard as a True Soph. and Flagg got a ton of snaps toward the end of the season at LB.
Good points, but that's exactly why this is so puzzling.

Cooney has no input on starting lineups, he's not an on field position coach & he has no say so on who coaches decide to play...

This idea that Wiggins & Pope play because of Cooney is nothing more than a CIS myth.

Manny Diaz in conjunction with the coordinator on whichever side of the ball & the particular position coach are the ones who decide who starts & how many reps they get.

And on offense, Manny has very little input. He's said so specifically. It's Lashlee's show. Sure, Manny is on the headset during games and of course they're meeting during the week, but Manny is not telling Lashlee and Likens what the WR rotation is. It's Lashlee's offense. Manny has a lot of input on defensive personnel, he mainly stays out of the way on offense. Which is how it should be.

Anyone thinking that Cooney has any input at all, man I genuinely didn't think people were that clueless.

sheeeed I can’t call it man ......I do respect Cooney for who he is and what he’s done but he has no say on the matter , he's not out there on the field with the other coaches so he does not decide who plays... ,just thinking about playing Wiggins & Pope because of what Cooney said is nothing more than a myth. COACH Manny Diaz in together with both coordinators , ...that’s on both sides of the ball ...& as a particular position coach are the ones who decide who starts & how many reps they get. It Is on them ...sheeeed ...but I do understand what your saying 👍🏾

Last edited:
I see what you're saying but "no motivation" is a stretch. I am sure they Cooney has no input on starting lineups, he's not an on field position coach & he has no say so on who coaches decide to play...

I’ve been preaching this for months but I finally just gave up. One person says cooney is the kingpin of the wr room and it becomes a thing. It’s actually one of the silliest narratives I’ve read on here , which says a lot. But ignorance is bliss. If we didn’t have cooney there’d be a lot of really good players missing from this roster. He deserves more than he gets here , actually both cooneys for that matter.

There’s favoritism and loyalty to vets on both sides of the ball, it’s not the freaking recruiting guy. It’s the head coach. He’s loyal to a fault.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back