Rambo to Miami!!!!!

It's the Brian Hightower effect. Whenever a WR from California makes a contested catch deep down the field, Miami fans anoint him the next big thing and set their expectations really high without regard for anything except that one play he made that they saw on tv.
It’s dumb asf..don’t let me find that Wiggins catch in the back of the end zone vs tech support in 2018..that didn’t count 😂..or popes contested catch vs NCstate 🤦🏾‍♂️..they gonna be mad mad when they in rotation

Advertisement
Kids transfer everywhere. It’s been like this for years. It’s doesn’t put into question a kids character

Where did I say anything about his character? Self-reflect for a moment, because you might be responding emotionally to something that I wasn't even talking about.

The cold hard facts are that many blue-chip QBs transfer if they aren't starting within 2 years. That is just the nature of the game. Once upon a time a blue-chip QB might've sat for a few years waiting for "his turn," but that's rare these days. Good character, bad character, so-so character... it doesn't matter, many of them are willing to do it. But the fact Garcia's shown he's willing to transfer to play (x4) is pretty good evidence he'll do it again if it makes the most sense to him.

As far as what it says about the kid's character, since you brought it up.... IMO, if it says anything at all it's that Garcia loves football, wants to play, and is about his business. I want those traits in my QB1 because it shows competitiveness and drive. But it doesn't mean he's going to be fine riding the pine for 2-3 seasons if King/TVD are healthy and playing ahead of him.

The staff better figure out the wr room or kids will be leaving. You can’t have two guys running away with the drops lead in the acc playing over other kids. Especially a kid like Kw who barely plays but always flashes in his few snaps. Playing older kids is definitely an issue. I just call it like I see it. I’m sure I’ll now be in the slurpers crosshairs. I defended Patke other day so I gotta keep it balances for slurpers and the mopes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The staff better figure out the wr room or kids will be leaving. You can’t have two guys running away with the drops lead in the acc playing over other kids. Especially a kid like Kw who barely plays but always flashes in his few snaps. Playing older kids is definitely an issue. I just call it like I see it. I’m sure I’ll now be in the slurpers crosshairs. I defended Patke other day so I gotta keep it balances for alurowrs and the mopes.
Is this regarding past performance of staff or something you're seeing moving forward?

Is this regarding past performance of staff or something you're seeing moving forward?
It’s a possible issue if it continues, on both sides of the ball. Wiggins and pope was an absolute embarrassment. Yet they continued to roll them out there. Those drops are bad for high school kids, very basic catches. Those two use their chests to catch like they’re nine years old. The ball catches them.

Even when I was in hs we’d have to do push ups if we didn’t hand catch the ball in drills.

It was comical to watch last season.

Last edited:
The staff better figure out the wr room or kids will be leaving. You can’t have two guys running away with the drops lead in the acc playing over other kids. Especially a kid like Kw who barely plays but always flashes in his few snaps. Playing older kids is definitely an issue. I just call it like I see it. I’m sure I’ll now be in the slurpers crosshairs. I defended Patke other day so I gotta keep it balances for alurowrs and the mopes.
The slurpers don’t give credit for the Patke defense or anything similar as that is expected by all “Good Canes Fans”. You’ll just get deductions off your score. I sure hope the mindset of playing underperforming older guys is gone. Not only will it hurt us on the field but I think it could create problems in recruiting some positions.

Advertisement
The staff better figure out the wr room or kids will be leaving. You can’t have two guys running away with the drops lead in the acc playing over other kids. Especially a kid like Kw who barely plays but always flashes in his few snaps. Playing older kids is definitely an issue. I just call it like I see it. I’m sure I’ll now be in the slurpers crosshairs. I defended Patke other day so I gotta keep it balances for slurpers and the mopes.
Out of curiosity, who are the 3 receivers you put in to start? Harley, Rambo, and?

Out of curiosity, who are the 3 receivers you put in to start? Harley, Rambo, and?
Imo KS should be the third , with the younger kids getting more burn eventually. But I’m sure Pope and Wiggins will continue to get their 50-60 snaps. No matter if they both lead the acc in drop percentage.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Imo KW should be the third , with the younger kids getting more burn eventually. But I’m sure Pope and Wiggins will continue to get their 50-60 snaps. No matter if they both lead the acc in drop percentage.
Who is KW? Are you referring to Keyshawn Smith?

Do you think coaches are infallible and never play the wrong guy?
Nope..but sticking to the topic, Miami WR rotation..you think from your fan point of view You know more about likens position room ??or are u just assuming guys behind them must be better??..honest question, where also clamoring for Lingard to play with n 2019?

Advertisement
Nope..but sticking to the topic, Miami WR rotation..you think from your fan point of view You know more about likens position room ??or are u just assuming guys behind them must be better??..honest question, where also clamoring for Lingard to play with n 2019?

The flip side of that coin is nobody needs to assume much of anything regarding Pope and Wiggins. We all saw it last season. Those two were below the standard in **** near every game they played.

It's possible every WR but Harley sucked last season, which seems to be the position you are advocating. But if you believe in competition, other WRs should have gotten more snaps and opportunities to potentially take over.

Last year must have been so incredibly frustrating for Likens. I wish I could talk to him completely off the record to get his real thoughts. And I mean this not in the most obvious way, as yes his group struggled, so of course it was frustrating. But no one will ever convince me that 6 and 8 played like that everyday in practice and still got the reps they did on Saturday. There's simply no way. So yeah, they deserve criticism for sticking with it for as long as they did. Eventually, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

But Likens has coached multiple first-round WRs. He knows what a good receiver looks like. I just cannot fathom that those kids went out and **** all down their leg on Greentree all year and he still put them out there. They had to have been making plays in practice, and then when the lights come on, they puke on themselves. Just has to be, I can't see it any other way. Which of course is frustrating as **** for the position coach.

Either way, what's done is done. They're still here, so I'm sure they'll be given the opportunity to compete, but you know Harley and Rambo are gonna play A LOT. You know Mallory is going to play A LOT. So you really only have 1-2 more spots for some serious PT. If these kids prove again they can't handle it, there better be someone else ready to go.

Advertisement
Back