Rambo to Miami!!!!!

I “understand”, but disagree with how they allocated the receiver reps last year. Receiver performance was flat out embarrassing. I’m sure limited practice time and reps through the week due to Covid played a role in rep allocation, but at some point you just have to throw the younger guys to the flames and hope they rise to the occasion.

I wouldn’t blame a single younger receiver for transferring if the status quo continues. Unless certain older guys do a complete 180 they shouldn’t get majority or even minority reps. Not only are they detrimental to the on field product, but also to the locker room culture.

Advertisement
The flip side of that coin is nobody needs to assume much of anything regarding Pope and Wiggins. We all saw it last season. Those two were below the standard in **** near every game they played.

It's possible every WR but Harley sucked last season, which seems to be the position you are advocating. But if you believe in competition, other WRs should have gotten more snaps and opportunities to potentially take over.
Too my point earlier bruh, these same mofos now praising 3 was off of him in the same szn bruh. That’s my point.

it comes down to this, yes 6 and 8 had the drops. Especially in the bowl they each dropped 2 potential game changing balls..but somebody literally just mentioned 88s catch out of bounds in the bowl as rzn he should’ve been absolutely playing over those 2. Not accounting for the fact there was no spring, a new system, new WR coach who has proven track record who STILL after a open comp week during the szn rolled with 8 and 6. Idk about y’all but I’d actually trust likens with that over CIS fans who only get to see kids for 60min a given sat. There’s a lot more that goes into the position then running a go route

And as I said before Key has traits that are definitely intriguing as a young player with his length and clear ability to get Down field. A lot of pieces in the WR I like from the guys here and the ones enrolling. But I’m telling y’all rn 6 and 8 will be in rotation in 21. Ppl gotta evolve from the “next guys must be better syndrome” if we having a football discussion. Thers a difference from that and a fan discussion..for example in 19 these same mofos was clamoring for Lingard based on a run vs Bethune freshman year. And swore the coaches did him wrong

I “understand”, but disagree with how they allocated the receiver reps last year. Receiver performance was flat out embarrassing. I’m sure limited practice time and reps through the week due to Covid played a role in rep allocation, but at some point you just have to throw the younger guys to the flames and hope they rise to the occasion.

I wouldn’t blame a single younger receiver for transferring if the status quo continues. Unless certain older guys do a complete 180 they shouldn’t get majority or even minority reps. Not only are they detrimental to the on field product, but also to the locker room culture.
The bolded right there is it bruh. That played a Huges part. Your gunna roll with your guys who know where to be and the playbook to the fullest. Now it’s open comp in spring and fall. they need to take them spots. If you see 6 and 8 I don’t wanna hear about favoritism and all that other fan bs. Coaches, especially likens in this scenario gunna play they best players. Man got mortgages on the line and tuitions.

we got some young pups coming in but I don’t think they gonna play as early as sum think given they are not EEs which sucks

Imo KS should be the third , with the younger kids getting more burn eventually. But I’m sure Pope and Wiggins will continue to get their 50-60 snaps. No matter if they both lead the acc in drop percentage.
We gon see bruh. If they do get those snaps it’s because of favoritism from a WR coach who ain’t even recruit them..

Advertisement
It’s dumb asf..don’t let me find that Wiggins catch in the back of the end zone vs tech support in 2018..that didn’t count 😂..or popes contested catch vs NCstate 🤦🏾‍♂️..they gonna be mad mad when they in rotation
The fact that you have to cherry pick an instance where Wiggins made a catch in 2018 :LOL: speaks volume to what a trash A@@ WR he is.

BTW in 2020 vs Okie St. when the game was on the line and Perry dropped a dime for Mark ****................You know the FUQin' rest

It’s dumb asf..don’t let me find that Wiggins catch in the back of the end zone vs tech support in 2018..that didn’t count 😂..or popes contested catch vs NCstate 🤦🏾‍♂️..they gonna be mad mad when they in rotation

Hopefully the competition at WR will be fair and wide open. But if Harley can turn it around like he did in his 4th year, why shouldn't the same be expected from Pope and Wiggins? People buried Harley after the LOU game where he dropped a sure TD. The rest is history.

Here's how Harley, Pope and Wiggins compare through 3 seasons at Miami:

Harley: 68 rec, 816 yds, 3 TD

Wiggins: 58 rec, 766 yds, 7 TD

Pope: 52 rec, 680 yds, 4 TD

Last edited:
Hopefully the competition at WR will be fair and wide open. But if Harley can turn it around like he did in his 4th year, why shouldn't the same be expected from Pope and Wiggins? People buried Harley after the LOU game where he dropped a sure TD. The rest is history.

exactly. But by CIS logic bury them on the chart. Open competition and If these two still playing its “favoritism”. Just wows me. The only ones I see playing favorites are the fans. I trust likens with this room..dude had not attachments to these 2 in particular

exactly. But by CIS logic bury them on the chart. Open competition and If these two still playing its “favoritism”. Just wows me. The only ones I see playing favorites are the fans. I trust likens with this room..dude had not attachments to these 2 in particular
When you drop almost 20% of the balls thrown to you and don’t lose pt something is wrong. Im not sure if you played or know how bad they were , a few drops A YEAR I get. It was games of multiple easy catches that were dropped. Sorry I won’t celebrate them for catching a pass. That’s the equivalent of giving props to feagles for getting off a decent punt. That’s what you’re supposed to do lol.

Advertisement

Harley was the one out of the 3 that took the coaches challenge and improved over the course

There’s no motivation for them to improve because they can drop every thing and stay in the game like nothing happened lol. Smith comes in and runs by Clemson cb’s like they’re in cement and barely sees the field again. One of the only guys that can get open lol.

There’s no motivation for them to improve because they can drop every thing and stay in the game like nothing happened lol. Smith comes in and runs by Clemson cb’s like they’re in cement and barely sees the field again. One of the only guys that can get open lol.
I see what you're saying but "no motivation" is a stretch. I am sure they would like to get drafted and get paid well...to do that, they would need to catch consistently regardless of how many snaps they get.

Question:
The staff better figure out the wr room or kids will be leaving. You can’t have two guys running away with the drops lead in the acc playing over other kids. Especially a kid like Kw who barely plays but always flashes in his few snaps. Playing older kids is definitely an issue. I just call it like I see it. I’m sure I’ll now be in the slurpers crosshairs. I defended Patke other day so I gotta keep it balances for slurpers and the mopes.
How big of a deal would it be if Cooney split (left for greener pastures or was let go)? Because what it looks to be coming down to is if Pope and/or Wiggins got benched or PT was cut substantially it would cause issues with Cooney, which would then cause a ripple effect.

My question really is on focused on the "ripple" effect.....how big and is it worth losing other WRs just to keep things smooth w/Cooney by playing his Southridge WRs even when they're clearly not performing up to par. (Pope/Wiggins).

Advertisement
I'm done with Wiggins. I still have hope for Pope.
The jumping catch attempt by Wiggins vs OKST did it for me....I've NEVER seen anything like that in all my years...and i've seen a LOT of football played from coaching Pop Warner to playing Semi-Pro to being a Ref at the HS level.....never seen it before...he looked like a DE out there with two fractured hands covered with those huge clubs....unbelievable

I want @Cribby or @Liberty City El or @The Franchise or @JAYBLAZE or @ ANYBODY WITH THE SCOOP to tell me are the consequences of losing Cooney by benching his guys worth it for us? Or is the loss of Cooney due to his ties to SoFLA too deep and we be better off losing kids to the portal at WR due to OBVIOUS favoritism being shown to Cooney's kids at WR? And fellas, I get that zone of "just can't answer that" so if this is a no fly zone area, tell ya boy just that, "No Fly Zone" lol......oh yeah i'm bringing in @Rellyrell too cuz I want ur take on this as well. I mean it feels like right now this one of those "deals w/the devil" type things where we just have to pay the debt and once those two are gone our slate is clean and all is well....hope that's not the case but if it is then T.....G.....I......THOSE TWO KIDS SR SEASONS.

Too my point earlier bruh, these same mofos now praising 3 was off of him in the same szn bruh. That’s my point.

it comes down to this, yes 6 and 8 had the drops. Especially in the bowl they each dropped 2 potential game changing balls..but somebody literally just mentioned 88s catch out of bounds in the bowl as rzn he should’ve been absolutely playing over those 2. Not accounting for the fact there was no spring, a new system, new WR coach who has proven track record who STILL after a open comp week during the szn rolled with 8 and 6. Idk about y’all but I’d actually trust likens with that over CIS fans who only get to see kids for 60min a given sat. There’s a lot more that goes into the position then running a go route

And as I said before Key has traits that are definitely intriguing as a young player with his length and clear ability to get Down field. A lot of pieces in the WR I like from the guys here and the ones enrolling. But I’m telling y’all rn 6 and 8 will be in rotation in 21. Ppl gotta evolve from the “next guys must be better syndrome” if we having a football discussion. Thers a difference from that and a fan discussion..for example in 19 these same mofos was clamoring for Lingard based on a run vs Bethune freshman year. And swore the coaches did him wrong

Anyone who honestly thinks Pope and Wiggins are going to be buried on the depth chart just hasn't been paying attention and is engaging in wishful thinking. If it's even a close call, all coaches lean on experience, and for better or worse those are two of the most experienced WRs on our roster. And yes, every fan's favorite player is always the back-up to a guy who is struggling. And Pope and Wiggins were struggling most of the year.

But regardless, I expect that there will always be legitimate competition during the Spring/Summer at WR at UM, and that our WRs earn their snaps through their play on the field as the season continues. I think that's a reasonable expectation and where a lot of fans were shaking their head last season.

Pope and Wiggins struggled to be productive all season long (Wiggins a little more than Pope, IMO), but they kept getting thrown out there for 50-60 snaps like it was nothing. While I understand it was a crazy season with COVID-19 basically taking out our entire Spring and we had players unavailable throughout the season, it still seemed to me like Lashlee/Likens were giving Pope and Wiggins too much rope instead of fostering competition by giving the underclassmen some meaningful snaps.

For 2021, there really shouldn't be any excuses. I expect Rambo to take some snaps, too, but if Wiggins and Pope are still getting the kinds of snaps they got last season, then they better be producing on the field. And if they continue to struggle, I expect their snaps to be cut in half (20-30 per game) to give other WRs a shot. And if those other WRs struggle, too, then we're just fvcked, lol.

Advertisement
Question:

How big of a deal would it be if Cooney split (left for greener pastures or was let go)? Because what it looks to be coming down to is if Pope and/or Wiggins got benched or PT was cut substantially it would cause issues with Cooney, which would then cause a ripple effect.

My question really is on focused on the "ripple" effect.....how big and is it worth losing other WRs just to keep things smooth w/Cooney by playing his Southridge WRs even when they're clearly not performing up to par. (Pope/Wiggins).
Cooney likely will replace likens. Everyone talks cooney but manny is close with those cats too.

When you drop almost 20% of the balls thrown to you and don’t lose pt something is wrong. Im not sure if you played or know how bad they were , a few drops A YEAR I get. It was games of multiple easy catches that were dropped. Sorry I won’t celebrate them for catching a pass. That’s the equivalent of giving props to feagles for getting off a decent punt. That’s what you’re supposed to do lol.
Like I said bruh..they was bad. We alll know this. We’ve all admitted to this. We all know..so why was likens still playing them over the rest ?

Anyone who honestly thinks Pope and Wiggins are going to be buried on the depth chart just hasn't been paying attention and is engaging in wishful thinking. If it's even a close call, all coaches lean on experience, and for better or worse those are two of the most experienced WRs on our roster. And yes, every fan's favorite player is always the back-up to a guy who is struggling. And Pope and Wiggins were struggling most of the year.

But regardless, I expect that there will always be legitimate competition during the Spring/Summer at WR at UM, and that our WRs earn their snaps through their play on the field as the season continues. I think that's a reasonable expectation and where a lot of fans were shaking their head last season.

Pope and Wiggins struggled to be productive all season long (Wiggins a little more than Pope, IMO), but they kept getting thrown out there for 50-60 snaps like it was nothing. While I understand it was a crazy season with COVID-19 basically taking out our entire Spring and we had players unavailable throughout the season, it still seemed to me like Lashlee/Likens were giving Pope and Wiggins too much rope instead of fostering competition by giving the underclassmen some meaningful snaps.

For 2021, there really shouldn't be any excuses. I expect Rambo to take some snaps, too, but if Wiggins and Pope are still getting the kinds of snaps they got last season, then they better be producing on the field. And if they continue to struggle, I expect their snaps to be cut in half (20-30 per game) to give other WRs a shot. And if those other WRs struggle, too, then we're just fvcked, lol.
Bruh we not rotating WRs like that lol. Look at the system and what we try to do. Tempo, very limited subs. This isn’t mark wvipple 😂..my overall point is this, like you said, coaches play who they trust. A lot goes into that. You factor in the **** went on this particular szn and you should easily figure why the rotation was what it was. Limited practice. Limited players. Guys in and out. All that. It’s gonna be open comp from spring through fall. So when 8 & 6 are still getting the nod I can’t wait for the inevitable narrative “coaches playing favorites” Pope and Wiggins being vets and talented will still get major reps. That means they beat out that room

Last year must have been so incredibly frustrating for Likens. I wish I could talk to him completely off the record to get his real thoughts. And I mean this not in the most obvious way, as yes his group struggled, so of course it was frustrating. But no one will ever convince me that 6 and 8 played like that everyday in practice and still got the reps they did on Saturday. There's simply no way. So yeah, they deserve criticism for sticking with it for as long as they did. Eventually, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

But Likens has coached multiple first-round WRs. He knows what a good receiver looks like. I just cannot fathom that those kids went out and **** all down their leg on Greentree all year and he still put them out there. They had to have been making plays in practice, and then when the lights come on, they puke on themselves. Just has to be, I can't see it any other way. Which of course is frustrating as **** for the position coach.

Either way, what's done is done. They're still here, so I'm sure they'll be given the opportunity to compete, but you know Harley and Rambo are gonna play A LOT. You know Mallory is going to play A LOT. So you really only have 1-2 more spots for some serious PT. If these kids prove again they can't handle it, there better be someone else ready to go.

That's what I figure happens, they do well in practice. When the lights come on, we all know what happens.

Some are gamers and some aren't. Some are practice players and maybe that's them.

There's no way I keep sending them out like we did.

Advertisement
Back