Rambo to Miami!!!!!

sheeeed I can’t call it man ......I do respect Cooney for who he is and what he’s done but he has no say on the matter , he's not out there on the field with the other coaches so he does not decide who plays... ,just thinking about playing Wiggins & Pope because of what Cooney said is nothing more than a myth. COACH Manny Diaz in together with both coordinators , ...that’s on both sides of the ball ...& as a particular position coach are the ones who decide who starts & how many reps they get. It Is on them ...sheeeed ...but I do understand what your saying 👍🏾
An off field recruiting guy controlling pt over actual coaches and oc’s ranks right behind “911 was an inside job “ looney conspiracy theories.

Advertisement
In boxing, there's a phrase "to be the champ, you have to beat the champ". Usually that refers to champions getting the benefit of the doubt should a fight come down to a close decision. If you're going to take the belt, you're going to have to beat the champion clearly because if the fight is razor close, the challenger will rarely get the win. I think a lot of football coaches use this same thinking in regards to picking starters. They're going to lean on the more experienced guy unless a younger guy outplays him enough in practice that he grabs the spot. I think, as fans, we assume other guys are playing better than struggling starters because we can't fathom that "that guy" is the best option we have. Everyone always thinks the backup quarterback is the better choice until he actually gets in the game and shows why he's the backup. I think it's very likely that the wide receiver group struggled as a whole and Manny/Lashlee/Likens, whoever picks the starters, just went with the guys who struggled the least. It's understandable for the most part because a majority of the 2nd and 3rd team WRs were freshmen who had a very limited amount of practice time preseason while they were installing a new offense. Maybe one or more of the younger guys will make the jump this year and we won't have to keep trotting out 8 and 6. It's not totally uncommon for a WR to do very little his first few years and then have the lights come on suddenly. We saw it last year with Mike Harley and a few years ago with Braxton Berrios. To me, the idea that the coaches are purposely playing worse players is kind of ridiculous. They're not trying to lose games. If one of the younger guys was balling out in practice, he'd be getting more reps. It's more likely that none of the guys is really turning heads so they just stick with the guys who know the playbook better and are less likely to line up in the wrong position or run the wrong pattern.

I’ve been preaching this for months but I finally just gave up. One person says cooney is the kingpin of the wr room and it becomes a thing. It’s actually one of the silliest narratives I’ve read on here , which says a lot. But ignorance is bliss. If we didn’t have cooney there’d be a lot of really good players missing from this roster. He deserves more than he gets here , actually both cooneys for that matter.

There’s favoritism and loyalty to vets on both sides of the ball, it’s not the freaking recruiting guy. It’s the head coach. He’s loyal to a fault.
I just want to know what coach pulled a gun on Hightower? 😂

Those two sucked ***, having them play that much was dumb as ****. You could tell me it was Bill Belichick's call and I'd still say he was 100% wrong.
Do you know more than Bill Belichick? He thought it was a good idea to part ways with Brady, and he’s a better coach than Likens and Lashlee, so he must always be right (at least to those who worship authority figures and think they’re infallible).

Advertisement
Nope..but sticking to the topic, Miami WR rotation..you think from your fan point of view You know more about likens position room ??or are u just assuming guys behind them must be better??..honest question, where also clamoring for Lingard to play with n 2019?
Sticking to the topic, I don’t think Likens or Lashlee are infallible, so, yes, they clearly made a mistake giving 70+ snaps per game to guys who dropped the ball so much and rarely made plays.

They can know more about the game and their players than I do and still make personnel mistakes. It happens all the time with every coaching staff. Coaches can be too close to the situation and play their favorites even if it’s not a conscious decision to play the lesser player. They truly think they’re playing the right guy, but they aren’t.

Borch Davies played Dyral McMillan over Edgerrin James and Ike Mercer over Jeremy Shockey. You think those were the right calls too because a coach made them?

In boxing, there's a phrase "to be the champ, you have to beat the champ". Usually that refers to champions getting the benefit of the doubt should a fight come down to a close decision. If you're going to take the belt, you're going to have to beat the champion clearly because if the fight is razor close, the challenger will rarely get the win. I think a lot of football coaches use this same thinking in regards to picking starters. They're going to lean on the more experienced guy unless a younger guy outplays him enough in practice that he grabs the spot. I think, as fans, we assume other guys are playing better than struggling starters because we can't fathom that "that guy" is the best option we have. Everyone always thinks the backup quarterback is the better choice until he actually gets in the game and shows why he's the backup. I think it's very likely that the wide receiver group struggled as a whole and Manny/Lashlee/Likens, whoever picks the starters, just went with the guys who struggled the least. It's understandable for the most part because a majority of the 2nd and 3rd team WRs were freshmen who had a very limited amount of practice time preseason while they were installing a new offense. Maybe one or more of the younger guys will make the jump this year and we won't have to keep trotting out 8 and 6. It's not totally uncommon for a WR to do very little his first few years and then have the lights come on suddenly. We saw it last year with Mike Harley and a few years ago with Braxton Berrios. To me, the idea that the coaches are purposely playing worse players is kind of ridiculous. They're not trying to lose games. If one of the younger guys was balling out in practice, he'd be getting more reps. It's more likely that none of the guys is really turning heads so they just stick with the guys who know the playbook better and are less likely to line up in the wrong position or run the wrong pattern.
The problem with this “be the champ beat the champ” analogy is that neither Pope nor Wiggins were champs. They were club fighters.

Sticking to the topic, I don’t think Likens or Lashlee are infallible, so, yes, they clearly made a mistake giving 70+ snaps per game to guys who dropped the ball so much and rarely made plays.

They can know more about the game and their players than I do and still make personnel mistakes. It happens all the time with every coaching staff. Coaches can be too close to the situation and play their favorites even if it’s not a conscious decision to play the lesser player. They truly think they’re playing the right guy, but they aren’t.

Borch Davies played Dyral McMillan over Edgerrin James and Ike Mercer over Jeremy Shockey. You think those were the right calls too because a coach made them?
Why do you think butch played those guys over those legends at the time that they did? ?

Last edited:
An off field recruiting guy controlling pt over actual coaches and oc’s ranks right behind “911 was an inside job “ looney conspiracy theories.
Then Likens and Lashlee should be drug tested for insisting with 6 & 8. Not to sound dramatic but that is a fireable offense in my eyes, 6 & 8 are the two worst receivers I’ve ever seen at Miami. They single handedly cost us the bowl game .. everyone saw KS go into several games and show flashes, yet Likens and Lashlee consisted with 6 & 8. I’m not plugged in but it’s obvious there is clear favoritism in the WR room. It’s actually been happening for several years now.

Advertisement

Butch was never wrong.

Maybe the backup WRs aren't any better than the starters. We'll see when they get the chance.
But to use punt returns as an example, everyone was calling for Restrepo including me but he wasn't any better.
We all think that backups are better until they play and show they aren't.

Maybe the backup WRs aren't any better than the starters. We'll see when they get the chance.
But to use punt returns as an example, everyone was calling for Restrepo including me but he wasn't any better.
We all think that backups are better until they play and show they aren't.
I agree to a point... I did the same thing with Restrepo but Keyshawn legit looked like he was better than them getting separation and made some catches and needed reps. Pope and Wiggins were just repeat bad. We didn’t have anything to lose when Keyshawn flashed. It’s like the coaches were scared to make the call so they stuck with guys who continued to fail because they knew them longer.

Advertisement
Because he THOUGHT they were better. And he was wrong.
Or maybe it was the the fact shockey was fresh out of juco and a late summer addition to the 2000 recruiting class therefore was playing catch-up to other guys in his position room

edge broke the Miami freshman record his 1st szn

Like I said bruh..they was bad. We alll know this. We’ve all admitted to this. We all know..so why was likens still playing them over the rest ?

My take is that covid, inexperience and injuries really set back guys like 83/12/88/7. No more excuses in the spring. If 8/6 take the majority of snaps next year against bama, something REALLY stinks and its name rhymes with *****.

Advertisement
My take is that covid, inexperience and injuries really set back guys like 83/12/88/7. No more excuses in the spring. If 8/6 take the majority of snaps next year against bama, something REALLY stinks and its name rhymes with *****.
So if it’s open comp and 6 and STILL come out on top, y’all Trump card (pun intended) is “well it was a rigged comp any ways” ??

yes or 83/88/7/12 all suck. The latter is very unlikely bc 6/8 are no good.
Z: 88; 6; 84
X: 83; 12; 8
Y: maramelli; 81;85
Slot: 11(could be flanker too); 3; 7
that’s the comp for the spring. Imo the Z and X are the positions clearly up for grabs. So either way it goes 8&6 will be in the mix..and y’all mofos gunna be mad mad coming up with same fan theory of “favoritism”

Advertisement
Back