Rambo to Miami!!!!!

I’ve been preaching this for months but I finally just gave up. One person says cooney is the kingpin of the wr room and it becomes a thing. It’s actually one of the silliest narratives I’ve read on here , which says a lot. But ignorance is bliss. If we didn’t have cooney there’d be a lot of really good players missing from this roster. He deserves more than he gets here , actually both cooneys for that matter.

There’s favoritism and loyalty to vets on both sides of the ball, it’s not the freaking recruiting guy. It’s the head coach. He’s loyal to a fault.

This. It's as if people don't realize that the same thing they are complaining about at WR is happening all over the field. LB the position Diaz is involved in the most at favoritism is even more painfully obvious than at WR. I cannot believe Jennings and McCloud played that much last year. Just like I can't believe Amari Carter continued to get his starting spot back after hurting the team week after week.

Advertisement
Imo KS should be the third , with the younger kids getting more burn eventually. But I’m sure Pope and Wiggins will continue to get their 50-60 snaps. No matter if they both lead the acc in drop percentage.
I have a feeling Payton is going to have a really good spring and be in the running.

The problem with this “be the champ beat the champ” analogy is that neither Pope nor Wiggins were champs. They were club fighters.
That’s true. It when the rest of the room is tomato cans, the club guy might be the best option.

Advertisement
Because he THOUGHT they were better. And he was wrong.
I always had the thought that he felt he owed kids like Dyral McMillan for coming into the program when it wasn't cool at all. Dyral was a 4* RB from Bradenton Southeast or Brandeton Manatee IIRC. They had a HS super team that year and we were in the tank. It was the year that UF and FSU played each other for the National title so they were so far ahead of us it was embarassing.. Lee Corso said we would never be back and it was over for us. I think he was apart of that class that had only like 13-15 kids right? I just always felt he had a place in his heart for that class that believed in him when they could have gone anywhere else. JMO. I remember that "Dyral vs Edge" issue being a big thing. Dyral ended up transferring I believe after Butch just couldnt justify it any longer.

Advertisement
Or maybe it was the the fact shockey was fresh out of juco and a late summer addition to the 2000 recruiting class therefore was playing catch-up to other guys in his position room

edge broke the Miami freshman record his 1st szn
Or maybe it's because he was human and humans make mistakes. It's OK to be wrong just like you are in this thread. Instead of digging those heels in just let it go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Or maybe it's because he was human and humans make mistakes. It's OK to be wrong just like you are in this thread. Instead of digging those heels in just let it go.
Shockey situation was a kid who enrolled late then came on as the szn played out. Player development l..I know this a foreign concept to microwave ready AAs CIS wants...How about this, assuming things are back to normal, I’ll bet you a few cold ones at a home game 8&6 will not only be in the Rotation but atop the chart going in barring injury..given what we have and the positions each play they will be top 2 at X and the Z..and y’all will hate it

I always had the thought that he felt he owed kids like Dyral McMillan for coming into the program when it wasn't cool at all. Dyral was a 4* RB from Bradenton Southeast or Brandeton Manatee IIRC. They had a HS super team that year and we were in the tank. It was the year that UF and FSU played each other for the National title so they were so far ahead of us it was embarassing.. Lee Corso said we would never be back and it was over for us. I think he was apart of that class that had only like 13-15 kids right? I just always felt he had a place in his heart for that class that believed in him when they could have gone anywhere else. JMO. I remember that "Dyral vs Edge" issue being a big thing. Dyral ended up transferring I believe after Butch just couldnt justify it any long

Dyrall ended up at USF. My boy used to sell him weed .

Yeah that’s true if the rest of the room is tomato cans. We have no idea if that’s true.
I have no reason to believe otherwise. At least at the time. Let’s hope somebody decides to let their hands go and not leave it up to the judges.

Advertisement
Back