Quincy Wilson announces Top 5

Killa1storm, I do agree that if you are over the age of 22, you should not be following any recruits on Twitter. Just sounds really lame. Get a life. But also remember, in the age of social media these kids love the attention whether good or bad. And if what these people were saying to him on Twitter was so bad then Choad Wilson needs to put his "parent" pants on and tell QW to stay off Twitter until he decides on a school. Lets not completely let these kids off the hook. They know what they are getting themselves into.

Advertisement
Killa1storm, I do agree that if you are over the age of 22, you should not be following any recruits on Twitter. Just sounds really lame. Get a life. But also remember, in the age of social media these kids love the attention whether good or bad. And if what these people were saying to him on Twitter was so bad then Choad Wilson needs to put his "parent" pants on and tell QW to stay off Twitter until he decides on a school. Lets not completely let these kids off the hook. They know what they are getting themselves into.

i agree, i thought chad wilson getting involved with the fans was embarrassing, certainly not the example he should be setting for quincy. but no one can say how they'd react in that situation. what would you do if a bunch of grown men were trashing your kid?

all in all, it's really lame. some of these recruits are idiots no doubt abotu it. but that's why no one should be following them to begin with. some posters call the kids immature yet they're grown men following kids they don't know on social media sites and getting into twitter wars with them. sorry, you can't call any recruit immature when you're doing that. you're the adult so it doesn't say much for you if you're engaging them. they're kids, you should know better.

Cha shouldn't have allowed QW to talk so bad about UM which now puts USchool, Chad, Quincy and some of his teammates in a bad light because he's trying to kill the prgram if he can. Nobody can lie that this is just a terrible look for everybody and the fact that he didn't shut up months ago can make it seem like everybody around him either agrees or is ok by his actions. If that true it makes me not want them around UM

I understand why the coaches haven't offered, but don't agree. Even if he never becomes a star he has a high floor. Very physical and football oriented. That's the type of kid they usually like.

Wouldn't you agree though that he killed any chance of even getting a late offer with his antics?

I think the reason for that behavior is that he sees the writing on the wall that he's not getting an offer. Miami is the offer he wanted, he probably feels the way we would feel if we got turned away by our dream school.

I wonder why Trent Harris is dogging Uf. He supposedly doesn't have a spot and know he may choose Miami.

I think the reason for that behavior is that he sees the writing on the wall that he's not getting an offer. Miami is the offer he wanted, he probably feels the way we would feel if we got turned away by our dream school.
If Jawand Blue had taken that same approach he wouldn't be here today. Sometimes, you don't get your offer when you want; you get it when the corches give it to you. Bridge burning like an insipid little hairpie is a sure way to ensure that you will never receive an offer. Nipsy showed what he was all about when he reacted like the node that he is. What happens in the future if he disagrees with something else the corches do? This clown has locker room lawyer written all over him. He can go elsewhere and stir **** and then transfer when things don't go how he thinks they should the next time he sees the writing on the wall.

Corn Elder also says wassup since he wanted a UM offer as badly as anybody but he didn't go on a tirade on instagram, twitter, fb and all over to anybody that would listen

I love the enablers who claim that all of Nipsy's public tantrums and foot stomping are not indicators of a bad attitude just because he seems to compete hard the limited times they've seen him. I'm glad those dudes haven't been charged with the task of rebuilding this club.

didn't the 'tantrums' start after some um fans starting trashing him on twitter and calling him overatted among other things for not considering miami even though pete, dmoney and others kept saying that miami was not recruiting him and it had nothing to do with him dissing miami or not wanting to go there? that's when all of that started, you guys act as if he just started trashing miami for no reason, iirc it was some idiot fans getting into twitter wars with him. so what does that say about them? some of you have no problem trashing 17 yr. olds for being immature yet you're following a 17 yr. old on twitter you don't know and taking personal shots at them because they're not going to your favorite school. so who is the one throwing the tantrum or being immature? it sure as **** ain't the 17 yr. old.

I not *****, so I don't mess with Twitter. All I've seen is the garbage he's spewed that's been posted here. And I can assure you that if I was running this club he wouldn't be a part of it after seeing his sissified tantrums.

Advertisement
If Jawand Blue had taken that same approach he wouldn't be here today. Sometimes, you don't get your offer when you want; you get it when the corches give it to you. Bridge burning like an insipid little hairpie is a sure way to ensure that you will never receive an offer. Nipsy showed what he was all about when he reacted like the node that he is. What happens in the future if he disagrees with something else the corches do? This clown has locker room lawyer written all over him. He can go elsewhere and stir **** and then transfer when things don't go how he thinks they should the next time he sees the writing on the wall.

Corn Elder also says wassup since he wanted a UM offer as badly as anybody but he didn't go on a tirade on instagram, twitter, fb and all over to anybody that would listen

I love the enablers who claim that all of Nipsy's public tantrums and foot stomping are not indicators of a bad attitude just because he seems to compete hard the limited times they've seen him. I'm glad those dudes haven't been charged with the task of rebuilding this club.

Even if they were thinking of the offer this attitude that he has is HUGE in term of red flags. It shows ego, disrespect, lack of focus (especially when he has 40 plus offers to focus on) and that isn't what you want which is a future headdache

Heard the same type of things about Bridgewater and Patrick Peterson. I'm sure Washington fans said the same things about KWII.

To be clear, I don't think QW has that type of talent. I also don't think QW's lack of offer has to do with anything but on-field evaluation. I see a young kid who was deeply hurt by a lack of offer and got defensive when fans started attacking his family. Seems pretty normal to me. We've seen people a lot older go on Internet tirades for a lot less.

Even if they were thinking of the offer this attitude that he has is HUGE in term of red flags. It shows ego, disrespect, lack of focus (especially when he has 40 plus offers to focus on) and that isn't what you want which is a future headdache

Heard the same type of things about Bridgewater and Patrick Peterson. I'm sure Washington fans said the same things about KWII.

To be clear, I don't think QW has that type of talent. I also don't think QW's lack of offer has to do with anything but on-field evaluation. I see a young kid who was deeply hurt by a lack of offer and got defensive when fans started attacking his family. Seems pretty normal to me. We've seen people a lot older go on Internet tirades for a lot less.

There are more examples of guys who've shown character issues through this process not working out than there are of guys who show these red flags and work out. I don't know if that will be the case for Wilson. I wish him luck unless he goes to UF or plays against us.

Advertisement
Everyone started turning on Randy when his recruiting decisions started to show cracks. If we start seeing examples of guys Golden let walk, or chose player A over player B and player B ends up far exceeding player A, and so on and so on.....then I will start getting worked up about **** like this.

Until then? Don't care.

There are more examples of guys who've shown character issues through this process not working out than there are of guys who show these red flags and work out. I don't know if that will be the case for Wilson. I wish him luck unless he goes to UF or plays against us.

You can say that again. The list of recruit flame outs is as big as the dictionary. I have noticed, albeit in only 3 years, that golden's cast offs don't seem to reappear on the college scene as studs elsewhere.

But what is Wilson's character red flag? His grades and off-field are clean, he's not lazy, and he has taken the process seriously. ****ing off fans is not a red flag to me, just like it wasn't with the three guys I named. Everything I've seen from him tells me takes the game very seriously.

Don't remember Peterson or Bridgewater trashing UM, and they both had Miami offers. In what respect are you comparing them with Wilson?

Advertisement
D$, I guess it would be the way he is acting about Miami not recruiting him. He is actively doing everything in his power to trash the U and steer other kids away from Miami. That shows immaturity and an ability not to handle adversity.

What is he going to do the first time he doesn't get his way once he is on campus? Is he going to be all over twitter about something not going his way? What happens when what ever school he picks moves him to S when he wants to be a CB (because that will happen)?

Don't remember Peterson or Bridgewater trashing UM, and they both had Miami offers. In what respect are you comparing them with Wilson?

well miami fans got on bridgewater pretty hard after he decommitted. which was ironic because how the fans treated jacory was one of the reasons he decommitted. everybody was trashing northwestern and saying they didn't want another skinny, black, interception prone qb. bridewater took offense and got into it with miami fans. i know at the time the consensu was that if he let fans affect his choice then he's soft and won't be good anyway.

its sorta like wilson in the fact that miami fans were going hard at him earlier this summer before he even said anything about miami which caused chad and a bunch of other people to start a bunch of childish twitter wars.

Advertisement

well miami fans got on bridgewater pretty hard after he decommitted. which was ironic because how the fans treated jacory was one of the reasons he decommitted. everybody was trashing northwestern and saying they didn't want another skinny, black, interception prone qb. bridewater took offense and got into it with miami fans. i know at the time the consensu was that if he let fans affect his choice then he's soft and won't be good anyway.

its sorta like wilson in the fact that miami fans were going hard at him earlier this summer before he even said anything about miami which caused chad and a bunch of other people to start a bunch of childish twitter wars.

Bridgewater left because he wanted to play for a black coach - every school has idiot fans

Bridgewater left because he wanted to play for a black coach - every school has idiot fans

where is the black coach thing coming from? pretty sure lsu was his second choice but they only wanted him at receiver, same with uf. after miami louisville was his next best bet to play qb. i know for a fact that bridgewater came to a uf camp and strong at the time begged meyer to offer him at qb, so bridgewater and strong was very close.

agree with you about fans at every school though.

Bridgewater bashed Miami fans for the way they treated Jacory. The fans said he was "mentally weak" and would bust. He is now considered the most mentally tough quarterback in the country.

Peterson took a businesslike approach to recruiting (some might say literally) and didn't say much. But because he was not forthright about his interest in Miami, the fanbase declared him a character red flag and future bust. We know the rest of the story.

Like Wilson, those guys didn't have true red flags such as on-field laziness or an off-field rap sheet. But the fans labeled them as losers because they ****ed the fanbase off. Wilson appears to be in the same boat.

And if we are going to bash Wilson for burning bridges, maybe we as fans should be just as considerate when a recruit commits elsewhere. It doesn't help the coaches when they try to re-recruit a kid that has already been called a ****** 200 times by our own fans.

But what is Wilson's character red flag? His grades and off-field are clean, he's not lazy, and he has taken the process seriously. ****ing off fans is not a red flag to me, just like it wasn't with the three guys I named. Everything I've seen from him tells me takes the game very seriously.

Look, it's a moot point with this kid....but, to act like he's just an innocent kid in all this is a bit naive. He has actively flamed miami, and worked recruits against us. Just look at that twitter ask me anything **** he did with Lammons where he's just going out of his way to put down UM. Honestly, that's where as a parent Chad needs to step in, and maybe he has behind the scenes...either way, he's been a bit of **** about it all.

Advertisement
Back