Quincy Wilson announces Top 5

Don't remember Peterson or Bridgewater trashing UM, and they both had Miami offers. In what respect are you comparing them with Wilson?

Bridgewater bashed Miami fans for the way they treated Jacory. The fans said he was "mentally weak" and would bust. He is now considered the most mentally tough quarterback in the country.

Peterson took a businesslike approach to recruiting (some might say literally) and didn't say much. But because he was not forthright about his interest in Miami, the fanbase declared him a character red flag and future bust. We know the rest of the story.

Like Wilson, those guys didn't have true red flags such as on-field laziness or an off-field rap sheet. But the fans labeled them as losers because they ****ed the fanbase off. Wilson appears to be in the same boat.

And if we are going to bash Wilson for burning bridges, maybe we as fans should be just as considerate when a recruit commits elsewhere. It doesn't help the coaches when they try to re-recruit a kid that has already been called a ****** 200 times by our own fans.

D$, have to disagree here...especially on Peterson. That kid was as close to a sure thing as most people have ever seen, and I never saw anyone think he would be a bust. That one hurt because we knew what a he stud he was going to be, and that external factors were interfering with the process.

Advertisement
FWIW, I didn't even know Miami fans started **** with Quincy on twitter (I only really see what gets posted here). I think that is pretty pathetic as well.

And for the most part I agree with D$ about people on this board going overboard on the recruits (D$, mods aren't doing anything to clean this up) when any small piece of bad news comes out. That doesn't help anyone, including our staff. As much as people don't want to admit it, some of these kids read message boards and getting ripped by a fan base isn't something they like (understandably).

That said I think Quincy and Chad have gone overboard on their trashing of Miami (from what has been posted on this board), actively swaying kids away from Miami because they are upset with Miami is childish.

If Jawand Blue had taken that same approach he wouldn't be here today. Sometimes, you don't get your offer when you want; you get it when the corches give it to you. Bridge burning like an insipid little hairpie is a sure way to ensure that you will never receive an offer. Nipsy showed what he was all about when he reacted like the node that he is. What happens in the future if he disagrees with something else the corches do? This clown has locker room lawyer written all over him. He can go elsewhere and stir **** and then transfer when things don't go how he thinks they should the next time he sees the writing on the wall.

Corn Elder also says wassup since he wanted a UM offer as badly as anybody but he didn't go on a tirade on instagram, twitter, fb and all over to anybody that would listen

I love the enablers who claim that all of Nipsy's public tantrums and foot stomping are not indicators of a bad attitude just because he seems to compete hard the limited times they've seen him. I'm glad those dudes haven't been charged with the task of rebuilding this club.

Even if they were thinking of the offer this attitude that he has is HUGE in term of red flags. It shows ego, disrespect, lack of focus (especially when he has 40 plus offers to focus on) and that isn't what you want which is a future headdache

Heard the same type of things about Bridgewater and Patrick Peterson. I'm sure Washington fans said the same things about KWII.

To be clear, I don't think QW has that type of talent. I also don't think QW's lack of offer has to do with anything but on-field evaluation. I see a young kid who was deeply hurt by a lack of offer and got defensive when fans started attacking his family. Seems pretty normal to me. We've seen people a lot older go on Internet tirades for a lot less.

I never heard Turdy P1sswater rip UM and certainly never saw it from Peterson. And KWII wanted to go to Warshington (his dad made him sign with UM), so I doubt that their fans would be sour with him.

Face it, bro. Nipsy's a ****. Like father like son. Stop making excuses for his shythead behavior. For fvck's sake you got TotalPenis801 liking your posts now. You gotta know you're in the wrong.

Corn Elder also says wassup since he wanted a UM offer as badly as anybody but he didn't go on a tirade on instagram, twitter, fb and all over to anybody that would listen

I love the enablers who claim that all of Nipsy's public tantrums and foot stomping are not indicators of a bad attitude just because he seems to compete hard the limited times they've seen him. I'm glad those dudes haven't been charged with the task of rebuilding this club.

Even if they were thinking of the offer this attitude that he has is HUGE in term of red flags. It shows ego, disrespect, lack of focus (especially when he has 40 plus offers to focus on) and that isn't what you want which is a future headdache

Heard the same type of things about Bridgewater and Patrick Peterson. I'm sure Washington fans said the same things about KWII.

To be clear, I don't think QW has that type of talent. I also don't think QW's lack of offer has to do with anything but on-field evaluation. I see a young kid who was deeply hurt by a lack of offer and got defensive when fans started attacking his family. Seems pretty normal to me. We've seen people a lot older go on Internet tirades for a lot less.

I never heard Turdy P1sswater rip UM and certainly never saw it from Peterson. And KWII wanted to go to Warshington (his dad made him sign with UM), so I doubt that their fans would be sour with him.

Face it, bro. Nipsy's a ****. Like father like son. Stop making excuses for his shythead behavior. For fvck's sake you got TotalPenis801 liking your posts now. You gotta know you're in the wrong.

No shiznitt!

There are more examples of guys who've shown character issues through this process not working out than there are of guys who show these red flags and work out. I don't know if that will be the case for Wilson. I wish him luck unless he goes to UF or plays against us.

But what is Wilson's character red flag? His grades and off-field are clean, he's not lazy, and he has taken the process seriously. ****ing off fans is not a red flag to me, just like it wasn't with the three guys I named. Everything I've seen from him tells me takes the game very seriously.

He's not just ****ing off fans. He's ****ing on UM. And so is his dopey dad. There's a big difference there. He's shytting on momma. Go ahead and beef with fans if that's your thing and you're set on being a WWE heel, but keep momma out of it. Once you go after momma you're dead to me, and I'm glad UM corches feel the same way.

Advertisement

There are more examples of guys who've shown character issues through this process not working out than there are of guys who show these red flags and work out. I don't know if that will be the case for Wilson. I wish him luck unless he goes to UF or plays against us.

But what is Wilson's character red flag? His grades and off-field are clean, he's not lazy, and he has taken the process seriously. ****ing off fans is not a red flag to me, just like it wasn't with the three guys I named. Everything I've seen from him tells me takes the game very seriously.

Look, it's a moot point with this kid....but, to act like he's just an innocent kid in all this is a bit naive. He has actively flamed miami, and worked recruits against us. Just look at that twitter ask me anything **** he did with Lammons where he's just going out of his way to put down UM. Honestly, that's where as a parent Chad needs to step in, and maybe he has behind the scenes...either way, he's been a bit of **** about it all.

LULZ at Choad stepping in. Choad taught him to act like a pouty little cvnt. He's been doing the same **** toward UM.

The complete and utter over analyzation of teenagers and their thoughts is beyond comical around here.

I mean, Teddy Bridgewater is more mentally tough now than he was when he was 17/18? Well no ****. I'm sure Quincy will be the exact same way. Its called growing up.

And our fans that bash these guys on twitter and get all butthurt and emotional about recruitments are in the same boat.

Move the **** on.

I think both sides messed this up but like i said before if Quincy Wilson's last name was Harris he'd have an offer.

/ Chad aint got rank like Ice smh

Advertisement
I reached out to few recruits from this class and had some discussions about the impact of a fan-base on social media/forums and their decision. Initially I did this for me to get a better idea on how the recruiting "sale" happens, but I think I should write up a quick article and post it here.

You guys got short memories if you dont remember Teddy Pendergrass trashing UM on his way to Lville. Thats one of the reasons I got zero respect for the dude and will not root for him. Saying that he didnt like how UM fans thrashed Jacory and how he just wanted to be a college kid playing football and not deal with the pressure of being a UM QB blah blah. Punk.

Patrick Peterson didnt trash UM. He just said that when he went to UM to visit and went to practices it just wasnt the same UM culture and atmosphere he remembered it to be growing up watching. And he proved to be right because those were some of our worst classes ever during that stretch. Guys not taking **** serious, not lifting weights, not studying film, not practicing hard. He saw it back then. Yeah he might have gotten paid but lets remember he was OURS before he went to LSU.

The complete and utter over analyzation of teenagers and their thoughts is beyond comical around here.

I mean, Teddy Bridgewater is more mentally tough now than he was when he was 17/18? Well no ****. I'm sure Quincy will be the exact same way. Its called growing up.

And our fans that bash these guys on twitter and get all butthurt and emotional about recruitments are in the same boat.

Move the **** on.

Grown *** men following 17/18 year old kids on twitter and begging them to come to there school and getting mad and bashing them when they don't is pathetic.. I'm 23 and a die hard Canes football fan but i'm not bashing kids who don't pick us or don't like Miami and sure as **** not begging them on twitter to pick a school i root for. If they choose Miami then i will comment on them and of course get excited because our team might get better with signing these kids. Some of you ''grown men'' need to grow up..

Last edited:
You guys got short memories if you dont remember Teddy Pendergrass trashing UM on his way to Lville. Thats one of the reasons I got zero respect for the dude and will not root for him. Saying that he didnt like how UM fans thrashed Jacory and how he just wanted to be a college kid playing football and not deal with the pressure of being a UM QB blah blah. Punk.

Patrick Peterson didnt trash UM. He just said that when he went to UM to visit and went to practices it just wasnt the same UM culture and atmosphere he remembered it to be growing up watching. And he proved to be right because those were some of our worst classes ever during that stretch. Guys not taking **** serious, not lifting weights, not studying film, not practicing hard. He saw it back then. Yeah he might have gotten paid but lets remember he was OURS before he went to LSU.

Randy Shannon. As much as people are down on Coker, Shannon made Coker look like Vince Lombardi.

Advertisement
There's a kid like this every year from south Florida that you don't want noway near your program I just don't like this kid he could be an all-American in college and I still wouldn't regret passing on this kid....

Advertisement
This dude is crazy...He will be at a school by himself if all things go bad:

An interesting note from Team Nitro's scrimmage was that Gator cornerback commit Quincy Wilson was seen playing safety for a majority of the time. Many scouts have thought Wilson's 6-foot-2, 195-pound frame would be better used at the safety position (I guess Golden is not the only one that sees this too, He will be a safety at the end of the day...), but the Rivals250 member has always expressed confidence in his ability to play cornerback.

"It's cool. I mean it's an All-American game so I'm going to just play wherever they put me, but I'm a cornerback," Wilson said.

The four-star defensive back didn't necessarily stand out on Sunday, but that does not mean he didn't play well. Wilson's strength is his best quality and during one-on-ones it allowed him to jam his receiver at the line of scrimmage, disrupt the rhythm of the play, and keep the receiver in front of him.

While playing safety, Wilson displayed good ball awareness and made several tackles.

"I'm out here having fun, making plays and that's what it's about," Wilson said. "I did good today. I made a couple plays, but there's always stuff to work on and get better day after day."

I don't know in these situations if we should offer the kid and then convert him to safety or just be honest up front and lose him? Same thing with Treon

Last edited:
Who dredged up this thread? Who cares about this guy anymore? He's gone, and he trashed the program. I feel sorry that a Cane legacy did not get an offer, but he's got plenty of other opportunities so he shouldn't feel bad. We don't all get what we want in life.

I don't like this lil el debarge but chances are he'll go to UF and be a 1st team all American .. Like the rest of the recruits who left Miami.

I could name a million names just under Goldens regime.

But I'll take the Golden route "I don't worry about the recruits that don't come here, only the ones that do"

Who dredged up this thread? Who cares about this guy anymore? He's gone, and he trashed the program. I feel sorry that a Cane legacy did not get an offer, but he's got plenty of other opportunities so he shouldn't feel bad. We don't all get what we want in life.

This

Advertisement
Back