Quincy Wilson announces Top 5

I understand why the coaches haven't offered, but don't agree. Even if he never becomes a star he has a high floor. Very physical and football oriented. That's the type of kid they usually like.

Wouldn't you agree though that he killed any chance of even getting a late offer with his antics?

I think the reason for that behavior is that he sees the writing on the wall that he's not getting an offer. Miami is the offer he wanted, he probably feels the way we would feel if we got turned away by our dream school.

Clarify something for me. Did we not offer at all, or did we not offer at CB. There seems to be conflicting reports out there.

They are not recruiting him.

Interesting. Can you elaborate a bit more on his situation then? What are you hearing from the staff's side?

Advertisement
I understand why the coaches haven't offered, but don't agree. Even if he never becomes a star he has a high floor. Very physical and football oriented. That's the type of kid they usually like.

its not worth it if the kid has a ****ty attitude. Those types don't get it done in this day and age.

I don't know the kid, but he competes his *** off in every setting I've ever watched him. Business-like approach. If he has a bad attitude I haven't seen it yet.

LOL. Who the **** is TP801?

Not sure why a bunch of grown men are disrespecting a bunch of high school kids

Not sure why a bunch of grown men are disrespecting a bunch of high school kids

Yea I agree. But the kid brings it on his self. You trash a school like Miami with hoodlum fan base like us, well you get what you ask for.

Advertisement
I actually feel bad for the kid. His dream school won't offer him and judging by his reaction it really was his dream school. From everything I've read on this site it just seems like he went about his position and recruitment the wrong way (there's always two sides to every story though). If its your dream school and coaches want you at safety you make that switch. Best of luck to him.

its not worth it if the kid has a ****** attitude. Those types don't get it done in this day and age.

Trolling people on twitter isn't a bad attitude, kid says questionable stuff but he competes on the field like D said. He really tries to hurricane fans because he knows some fans will not receive it well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually feel bad for the kid. His dream school won't offer him and judging by his reaction it really was his dream school. From everything I've read on this site it just seems like he went about his position and recruitment the wrong way (there's always two sides to every story though). If its your dream school and coaches want you at safety you make that switch. Best of luck to him.

I agree, I think he was just fed up that he had 40 other offers and some big name schools but not Miami. His hometown school & school that hasn't produced as much as some of his other offers. From what I heard the staff didnt like him at all as a prospect no matter what position. No one really knows the full validity of the story as the staff can't comment. He did get an offer from FSU & they said they wanted him exclusively at safety so he never considered them. He never even received one from our side.

Advertisement
1 thread and 50 post that can be used on a kid either committed to us or a kid that UM is pursuing but yet once again this is all about Quincy Wilson. Shame, that we can talk about any other prospect who is much more relevent for UM but yet there's this addiction to this kid that the staff has moved on from for months. Please everybody get the **** over this kid and move on!!!!!

I really have a hard time understanding where this safety stuff continues to come from with him and Miami. At no point did Miami tell him they wanted him at safety. That conversation never took place. They just don't want him, period. Had nothing to do with him "refusing" to play safety.

I think Miami thought of hima s a lb idf any position.

This is why i always questioned the ii wont play safety stuff....we werent even recruiting him @ THAT SPOT.

Their just not interested for whatever reason..and he sure has camped here and elsewhere trying to earn the offer.

Kinda feel bad because kid wanted the offer his dad is a certified cane...and we kinda played him to the side....but then u see kids u compete with @ camps who may have not done as good as u or u think/know your better than get offered...it must hurt the kid.

Imma be honest i dont have a clue what we are doing with safety recruiting...And the Mayes kid definately aint a safety....literally the ony one i think were looking at is Louisville commit Marcus Gayot.

I'd be all over Wilson to be honest..@ worse he is a special teams ace/////Plus size prospect.who has played cb the last 2 years...Kid would be in 2 deep @ safety in year one imo.

Last edited:
I told myself I wasnt gonna jump in this thread but F it..I dont understand this either but this is one I am going to have to trust Al on. The only thing I can think of when it comes to this kid is the staff doesnt think he is a freak athlete at the safety spot. Seems like thats the road we are taking lately with the likes of Jenkins, Bush, and Carter. And they know he cant play corner. (I am assuming). I dont care what the combine numbers say the kid isnt on the level of J.B.C when it comes to being an athlete. You can see that when he is on the field.

Do I agree this is worth not giving him an offer? No. Do I scratch my head that we gave Dennis Turner and Ryan Mayes offers before him? Yes. But you know what. It is what it is. This ship has sailed. And if the 3 amigos got some package deal going to where we end up losing Lane and Lammons then we will have to live with whatever consequences MIGHT come. But you posters on here that think UF coming in here and potentially taking Clark, Cook, Lane, DPhillips and Lammons from us isnt a really big deal are clueless. But there no use in starting threads about QW anymore. Let it go.

Advertisement

Wouldn't you agree though that he killed any chance of even getting a late offer with his antics?

I think the reason for that behavior is that he sees the writing on the wall that he's not getting an offer. Miami is the offer he wanted, he probably feels the way we would feel if we got turned away by our dream school.
If Jawand Blue had taken that same approach he wouldn't be here today. Sometimes, you don't get your offer when you want; you get it when the corches give it to you. Bridge burning like an insipid little hairpie is a sure way to ensure that you will never receive an offer. Nipsy showed what he was all about when he reacted like the node that he is. What happens in the future if he disagrees with something else the corches do? This clown has locker room lawyer written all over him. He can go elsewhere and stir **** and then transfer when things don't go how he thinks they should the next time he sees the writing on the wall.

If Jawand Blue had taken that same approach he wouldn't be here today. Sometimes, you don't get your offer when you want; you get it when the corches give it to you. Bridge burning like an insipid little hairpie is a sure way to ensure that you will never receive an offer. Nipsy showed what he was all about when he reacted like the node that he is. What happens in the future if he disagrees with something else the corches do? This clown has locker room lawyer written all over him. He can go elsewhere and stir **** and then transfer when things don't go how he thinks they should the next time he sees the writing on the wall.

Corn Elder also says wassup since he wanted a UM offer as badly as anybody but he didn't go on a tirade on instagram, twitter, fb and all over to anybody that would listen

Advertisement

Corn Elder also says wassup since he wanted a UM offer as badly as anybody but he didn't go on a tirade on instagram, twitter, fb and all over to anybody that would listen

I love the enablers who claim that all of Nipsy's public tantrums and foot stomping are not indicators of a bad attitude just because he seems to compete hard the limited times they've seen him. I'm glad those dudes haven't been charged with the task of rebuilding this club.

I love the enablers who claim that all of Nipsy's public tantrums and foot stomping are not indicators of a bad attitude just because he seems to compete hard the limited times they've seen him. I'm glad those dudes haven't been charged with the task of rebuilding this club.

Even if they were thinking of the offer this attitude that he has is HUGE in term of red flags. It shows ego, disrespect, lack of focus (especially when he has 40 plus offers to focus on) and that isn't what you want which is a future headdache

Even if they were thinking of the offer this attitude that he has is HUGE in term of red flags. It shows ego, disrespect, lack of focus (especially when he has 40 plus offers to focus on) and that isn't what you want which is a future headdache

Spot on boy's...!!!

didn't the 'tantrums' start after some um fans starting trashing him on twitter and calling him overatted among other things for not considering miami even though pete, dmoney and others kept saying that miami was not recruiting him and it had nothing to do with him dissing miami or not wanting to go there? that's when all of that started, you guys act as if he just started trashing miami for no reason, iirc it was some idiot fans getting into twitter wars with him. so what does that say about them? some of you have no problem trashing 17 yr. olds for being immature yet you're following a 17 yr. old on twitter you don't know and taking personal shots at them because they're not going to your favorite school. so who is the one throwing the tantrum or being immature? it sure as **** ain't the 17 yr. old.

Advertisement
Back