Quick comment on Peter moving on

How can I load a video on here without using YouTube? Hurry my phone is about to die. Got a video message for Francesca.

Advertisement
Something to note: while Ivins may be a hard worker and good at what he does, he’s no Cane’s fan. The dude graduated from Notre Lame, so he doesn’t bleed orange and green at all.

Part of what made Pete’s reporting so special was the fact that he was one of the few reporters/insiders in south Florida who is actually a fan of the team. It’s gonna suck without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take the L on this. Ivins did not graduate from Notre Lame, as some posters — Sileo Jr, I think — pointed out. He is a graduate of FAU. I must have been mixed up by the fact that he used to work for their 247 website.

Regardless, I still think part of my point stands: Ivins is great at what he does, but he's no Miami fan. That doesn't mean he can't provide awesome, accurate information, but it sucks that we are losing someone — Pete — who loves this program so much.

Last edited:
Tell me Pete got called up to the Big's and is taking the spot of SMD at the Herald!!!! That would be divine justice!

If u couldn’t tell he’s been checked out for weeks prior, don’t know what to tell you. I posted about it several times, it was obvious, but was told to just be happy with free content and even had pete defending himself and taking offense like a weak go.

Tighten up spelling bee champ!

Advertisement
Oh looks its the guy who claimed “you can’t dispute the fact that mark richt has never won a conference title” a few days ago. End yourself OP

If we're speaking seriously, there's only two people that could actually replace Peter. I'll even call them out: Hurricane Vision and Liberty City El.

You have my blessing to go forward and interview the two, [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

I’d happily contribute more to the site if that’s what was wanted. True story; this site has never asked me for a thing. I just started randomly posting here after lurking at other sites. I saw something Pete put on Twitter and checked out the site. I live in Springfield, MO and the only player I’ve ever known is Rusty Medearis (he’s from here and I actually worked with him). I know coaches who worked with Coach Kul at Mizzou since his DC is now the HC at Missouri State here in Springburg. They came to Miami over the offseason and stayed at his house. Coach Kul absolutely LOVES it at Miami. His style is like a marriage made in heaven with the city of Miami.

I only had “Staff Writer” added because Someone made a joke that I should have staff writer next to my name and they added it after talking to me via PM. I’ve talked to like three people on the board, but I’ve treated DMoney like my editor via PM and he’s always been the easiest guy ever to get along with.

I’ve never had any interaction with Peter.

For the record, your posts were always the best content on the board. They are 100% objective football. As a matter of fact they should be required reading.

Advertisement
Our only CIS insider left is Marrero, Geo basically gone.
At least Ivins is solid

The last few months have been hectic for me. Things have been on the up though recently. My father has been in process of retiring from the family business so it’s been a whole big transition since August. I didn’t make it to a single HS game this past season,(made it to canes home games obviously). I’ve literally been so tied up, been times where I have wanted to post in the past about a prospect I came upon but had so many things going on. My time is available now, things are great. I’m coming back with fresh ideas and content for the site. More professional attitude, I know I could come off arrogant at times.

As of next week, I will be posting regularly again as I used to. New prospects, revamping my prospect database that consists mostly of South Florida and will be pushing out content. I’m very confident everyone will be happy.

I wish Pete all the best in whatever Avenue he decides to explore.

And the bad news just keeps flowing in like the Acheron River.

At least come back with a new name, like NotPete, and try to trick us for a month or so rather than racking up Ls like the 2018 Marlins.

Chess; covering Miami in Miami does pay much. I’d like to think Miami contacts would share some info with just about any positive speaking press. Pete covered Miami with the orange and green glasses on and not much to counter it which was nice. Sure you had to weigh the info but it was good info. He also put up with a bunch of BS from fans that took his word as gold with no counter info.

I’m trying not to be mad, I’m happy for Ariz and very thankful for the information he provided, but leaving two weeks before Signing Day? That stings a bit.

Advertisement
Maybe he’ll still post a little bit and give us his educated guesses, like any other regular poster on this board.

Yes I too am mad at Pete for making a very difficult decision at a time that doesn’t suit my personal interests.

Some of y’all.

Advertisement
If we're speaking seriously, there's only two people that could actually replace Peter. I'll even call them out: Hurricane Vision and Liberty City El.

You have my blessing to go forward and interview the two, @DMoney

I’d happily contribute more to the site if that’s what was wanted. True story; this site has never asked me for a thing. I just started randomly posting here after lurking at other sites. I saw something Pete put on Twitter and checked out the site. I live in Springfield, MO and the only player I’ve ever known is Rusty Medearis (he’s from here and I actually worked with him). I know coaches who worked with Coach Kul at Mizzou since his DC is now the HC at Missouri State here in Springburg. They came to Miami over the offseason and stayed at his house. Coach Kul absolutely LOVES it at Miami. His style is like a marriage made in heaven with the city of Miami.

I only had “Staff Writer” added because Someone made a joke that I should have staff writer next to my name and they added it after talking to me via PM. I’ve talked to like three people on the board, but I’ve treated DMoney like my editor via PM and he’s always been the easiest guy ever to get along with.

I’ve never had any interaction with Peter.

Pete was a great resource for this board, no doubt.

But for me, what you bring here is a million times more beneficial.

Just my 2 cents.

Advertisement
Back