Quick comment on Peter moving on

Seemed like Pete moved on months ago, but now its just official.

I selfishly wish he would keep doing the CIS podcasts, I really enjoyed them as Im sure most of us did.

I lurked on CIS for awhile before I joined, but the only reason I ever came here in the first place was Pete's insight. Thank you [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] for grinding hard so that us Miami junkies had our fix. Salute.

Dilly dilly!

Advertisement
Seemed like Pete moved on months ago, but now its just official.

I selfishly wish he would keep doing the CIS podcasts, I really enjoyed them as Im sure most of us did.

I lurked on CIS for awhile before I joined, but the only reason I ever came here in the first place was Pete's insight. Thank you [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] for grinding hard so that us Miami junkies had our fix. Salute.

Dilly dilly!

I agree with this, he had kinda disappeared a while ago

I couldn't give less of a **** about the breaking news aspect of "insiders"...I come here for the hot takes and discussion by the more respected members of the forum, as I think most people do. Pete giving us the scoopz was just an added bonus to this site and its mission statement.

Hope that this leads to an increase in more discussion, debate, breakdowns of players on the team, games, future players and recruits, more breakdown of the local HS football scene, etc. If that comes with scoopz, too, cool. But I'd like more of the latter.

I got you fam.

What specifically would you be looking for in recruit/signee breakdowns?

Part of me wants Pete to show up in Athens covering UGa football just to see the meltdown on this board.

Advertisement
I am ready to be Peter's replacement. Though you might miss the breaking news, I will bring his swag on Twitter. Stay in yo lane fool. Peter will be greatly missed.

Pete made his name by breaking the Deon Bush recruitment.

They both went to the same high school, and Pete got the scoop when everyone else thought he was headed elsewhere.

Surely there are high school kids today at American Hereitage, for example, who want to make a name for themselves.

I'm sure there are. But Pete was also a pretty good writer who managed the ups, downs and ins, and outs of recruiting very well. He largely didn't give in to the temptation to BS about recruiting like so many other reporters who do get some inside info. Ferman, the lord of BS clickbait, for example. I think that's a bit unique to find in a kid that's still in or just out of high school, and an older person isn't likely to have some of the same relationships that lead to getting that close to the recruits. Pete was pretty unique, but to me what was most impressive was how professional he was.

If we're speaking seriously, there's only two people that could actually replace Peter. I'll even call them out: Hurricane Vision and Liberty City El.

You have my blessing to go forward and interview the two, [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

I’d happily contribute more to the site if that’s what was wanted. True story; this site has never asked me for a thing. I just started randomly posting here after lurking at other sites. I saw something Pete put on Twitter and checked out the site. I live in Springfield, MO and the only player I’ve ever known is Rusty Medearis (he’s from here and I actually worked with him). I know coaches who worked with Coach Kul at Mizzou since his DC is now the HC at Missouri State here in Springburg. They came to Miami over the offseason and stayed at his house. Coach Kul absolutely LOVES it at Miami. His style is like a marriage made in heaven with the city of Miami.

I only had “Staff Writer” added because Someone made a joke that I should have staff writer next to my name and they added it after talking to me via PM. I’ve talked to like three people on the board, but I’ve treated DMoney like my editor via PM and he’s always been the easiest guy ever to get along with.

I’ve never had any interaction with Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Our only CIS insider left is Marrero, Geo basically gone.
At least Ivins is solid

The last few months have been hectic for me. Things have been on the up though recently. My father has been in process of retiring from the family business so it’s been a whole big transition since August. I didn’t make it to a single HS game this past season,(made it to canes home games obviously). I’ve literally been so tied up, been times where I have wanted to post in the past about a prospect I came upon but had so many things going on. My time is available now, things are great. I’m coming back with fresh ideas and content for the site. More professional attitude, I know I could come off arrogant at times.

As of next week, I will be posting regularly again as I used to. New prospects, revamping my prospect database that consists mostly of South Florida and will be pushing out content. I’m very confident everyone will be happy.

I wish Pete all the best in whatever Avenue he decides to explore.

And the bad news just keeps flowing in like the Acheron River.

Our only CIS insider left is Marrero, Geo basically gone.
At least Ivins is solid

The last few months have been hectic for me. Things have been on the up though recently. My father has been in process of retiring from the family business so it’s been a whole big transition since August. I didn’t make it to a single HS game this past season,(made it to canes home games obviously). I’ve literally been so tied up, been times where I have wanted to post in the past about a prospect I came upon but had so many things going on. My time is available now, things are great. I’m coming back with fresh ideas and content for the site. More professional attitude, I know I could come off arrogant at times.

As of next week, I will be posting regularly again as I used to. New prospects, revamping my prospect database that consists mostly of South Florida and will be pushing out content. I’m very confident everyone will be happy.

I wish Pete all the best in whatever Avenue he decides to explore.

Excellent news, welcome back buddy

Amen. But I think being arrogant is fairly universal here so don't worry about it Geo. Oh, what sort of constraints were you tied with? Who id it? And was that in a sexual context?

If we're speaking seriously, there's only two people that could actually replace Peter. I'll even call them out: Hurricane Vision and Liberty City El.

You have my blessing to go forward and interview the two, [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

I’d happily contribute more to the site if that’s what was wanted. True story; this site has never asked me for a thing. I just started randomly posting here after lurking at other sites. I saw something Pete put on Twitter and checked out the site. I live in Springfield, MO and the only player I’ve ever known is Rusty Medearis (he’s from here and I actually worked with him). I know coaches who worked with Coach Kul at Mizzou since his DC is now the HC at Missouri State here in Springburg. They came to Miami over the offseason and stayed at his house. Coach Kul absolutely LOVES it at Miami. His style is like a marriage made in heaven with the city of Miami.

I only had “Staff Writer” added because Someone made a joke that I should have staff writer next to my name and they added it after talking to me via PM. I’ve talked to like three people on the board, but I’ve treated DMoney like my editor via PM and he’s always been the easiest guy ever to get along with.

I’ve never had any interaction with Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, you post always show a lot more effort then I applied at work and they pay me, so please post all you want. Good stuff always.

Advertisement
If u couldn’t tell he’s been checked out for weeks prior, don’t know what to tell you. I posted about it several times, it was obvious, but was told to just be happy with free content and even had pete defending himself and taking offense like a weak go.

Advertisement
Pete got him some new stuff that needed a lot more immediate attention .......

Yo Francesca locked the ivins thread. Exposed!! I was going to end him on that thread, guess I got to do it here. Shook? Me never. I mean what I say

Advertisement
Back