Question: Lots of die hard Cane fans attacking the staff

Advertisement
So were the fans wrong for demanding Coker, Randy, Al, Dorito, and John Richt’s firing?

Were we just blowhards then? Fans of this team who are ACTUAL hurricanes fans know what good football is supposed to be. we arent getting it with another rookie HC from temple.
When trashing the program? Absolutely.

Man I can't imagine a message board like this after the '84 season. Besides beating UF and Auburn to start, that season was a disaster wrapped in a cluster****. Local press was all over Jimmy. We ended the season losing 3 straight including the bowl. Imagine this place.

The 84’ team played 7 ranked teams the Maryland team they lost to ended up being ranked as well.

Ah yes the classic “but Jimmy was bad his first season” excuse. Its not like we heard this for literally every coach since 2007.....

Jimmy was a HC before coming to UM. Manny was a mediocre DC whose claim to fame is a necklace.
That's the saddest answer. You know he's right...by your logic you would have fired Jimmy. ****, you would have said he was worse, at least Manny's new to the job.

So to sum up, you're not only wrong, but your sidestep of an answer was pathetic.

Plus you've got 33 posts and we all know what that means.

The 84’ team played 7 ranked teams the Maryland team they lost to ended up being ranked as well.
Right, except 31 point lead.

Thirty one fcking point lead, and you want to talk about Maryland being ranked? As if that mattered even a little bit.

How about this. We play bama next week and we're up 31-0 at the half and we lose, you're cool with that? Ya know, cuz bama's like real good and stuff. So no big.

Advertisement
Right, except 31 point lead.

Thirty one fcking point lead, and you want to talk about Maryland being ranked? As if that mattered even a little bit.

How about this. We play bama next week and we're up 31-0 at the half and we lose, you're cool with that? Ya know, cuz bama's like real good and stuff. So no big.

We lost to UNC with a true freshman QB and 2 weeks preparation. Way worse than losing to a ranked Maryland team. I don’t give a fck what the lead was

We lost to UNC with a true freshman QB and 2 weeks preparation. Way worse than losing to a ranked Maryland team. I don’t give a fck what the lead was
That doesn't make any **** sense. We didn't "lose" to a ranked team. We gave up a 31 point lead. Think about how pathetic that is. You're good enough to outscore a team 31-0, but somehow also bad enough to lose the game. What fcking logic are you using that tells you a 3 point loss to an unranked team is worse than losing a 31 point lead? And will you change your tune if UNC ends the season ranked?

Fans complain, period. Pay tickets? Donate? Buy merch? Put off having *** w ur girl to watch the game? Paid tuition? Then u’re vested in the program (collegiate or professional), and if the program ain’t making good on your vested interest, then u complain and strive to allow your voice to be heard so changes can be made so your investment is returned.

U think we’re bad, go talk to UGA fans yesteryear. Go talk to Bama fans. Go talk to Tennessee fans. Go talk to USCw fans. Fans complain.

SORRY....I'm a fan R ....a dang good one....but I have my priorities
cracra.gif

1st things 1st

That's why they invented recorders.....the game can wait........ She can't and I can't.....and I plan to keep it that way....

So whenever given a choice...... I will always choose the bootie.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So were the fans wrong for demanding Coker, Randy, Al, Dorito, and John Richt’s firing?

Were we just blowhards then? Fans of this team who are ACTUAL hurricanes fans know what good football is supposed to be. we arent getting it with another rookie HC from temple.

LOL blowhard in attendance, check!

Would you have wanted Jimmy, an "ACTUAL" Hurricane fired after coughing up a 31-0 lead at half, the biggest blown lead in program history against Maryland, followed by the Hail Flute the very next week?

5 loss season coming off a national title defense. i've brought this up multiple times, no one seems to be able to answer it.

Nothing Odd about it...Alot of posters on CIS know what tf their talking about...Alot of "us" knows what True UM FB looks like, as well as knowing good assistants when we see them.
Coaching or lack of has cost us 2 games....spin it how you want. Unpreparedness isn't the word...

you know what good football looks like, when in the midst of 2 of the greatest periods in college football history. that is not the norm. you people think because we have a U on our helmet that means we should be undefeated every year. we are a private school where the administration sees football as a 'nice' thing to have. we don't pay our staff what big time programs do. i thought we were turning that corner by paying richt, but he was here to drink pina coladas and coast.

so what do we do? we hire someone from that staff who has never been a head coach, for cheap, again. i like manny a lot and im excited to see what he can do, but that's an illustration of this football program. hiring a guy with no experience for cheap. it's our hallmark.

5 loss season coming off a national title defense. i've brought this up multiple times, no one seems to be able to answer it.

Because there is no answer that doesn’t make them look stupid.

If they say they still knew Jimmy was the goods they’re liars. If they wanted his head, which is the obvious answer, they’re short sighted buffoons.

Advertisement
You do realize his first year JJ was forced to keep the defensive staff from the previous regime.....
And is this hindsight is 20/20 because we now know how good Jimmy turned out. This board absolutely would have lost it's s**t.

Anyone else remember "FROM NATIONAL CHAMPS TO NATIONAL CHUMPS! THANKS BUTCH!"

Look, I'm not happy we lost 2 games we should have won. The mistakes we made are why you schedule Bethune week 1. We have no idea after 3 games.

SORRY....I'm a fan R ....a dang good one....but I have my priorities
View attachment 97256

1st things 1st

That's why they invented recorders.....the game can wait........ She can't and I can't.....and I plan to keep it that way....

So whenever given a choice...... I will always choose the bootie.

Yep, get the booty and don't pick up your cell to accidentally see the score. Added bonus is you can fast forward through the commercial breaks.

Yep, get the booty and don't pick up your cell to accidentally see the score. Added bonus is you can fast forward through the commercial breaks.

You got that right my friend:hh9beelfgeoezuwg.jpg:

That's how you handle your business, save time and enjoy a commercial free game.

Advertisement
Diaz has had 3 games as a head coach, people
Expected him to be moong perfect decisions from
day 1 and the fact that he’s learning g in the job ****es people off.

The first 2 games were not a good start, we lost to an average Florida team and a not so good unc team on the road. I’m hoping we sss Diaz and the team get some positive steam going in this homestand.

100%

Diaz has all the intangibles we need as a Coach at the U. Passion, Energy, hates losing, demands accountability, from Miami, loves swag. Its all there... 3 games experience and already I feel we're in the best place we've been since 1998.

Yes, those were the fans flying banners to fire Butch after two... SEASONS! And were praising Coker after one!

Idiot fans need to get perspective. Diaz is a Miami guy. He gets it and will have us playing for titles in a few years.
You cant F-ing compare what Butch was up against compared to Diablos situation....

I hear what you're saying. I think Diaz was trying to reinvigorate the program and get people talking about us again. He attacked the portal to plug holes on the roster and in all honesty, we should be 3-0 but he made some rookie mistakes during two road games. I see more positives than negatives at this point, not that that should be the bar.

For sure.

Advertisement
Back