Question: Lots of die hard Cane fans attacking the staff

Guy has a green roster, new systems to implement, and some are already calling for his head. Talk about insanity.

Coastal, we don't care about Coastal. We play for ships, the U baby, it's what we do. Season is already ovah!

This place is toxic to say the least. I've been to many boards through the years before games, to see what they say about whatever, and this place is the biggest cesspool of them all. It happens to be our biggest board now because of little or no competition. Sad, but this is what we get with a small fanbase.

Advertisement
Ah yes the classic “but Jimmy was bad his first season” excuse. Its not like we heard this for literally every coach since 2007.....

Jimmy was a HC before coming to UM. Manny was a mediocre DC whose claim to fame is a necklace.
Manny has done more than a chain. If you can’t give more credit than a necklace, you aren’t objective. People fire themselves based upon performance. Coker wouldn’t still be here save for upset fans.

Advertisement
The best way to predict if Manny is going to be a dud is to see if our AD hands him a contract extension at the end of this season....

We have demonstrated an uncanny ability to give out early contract extensions to coaches who end up as failures..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rell I don't care about complaining BUT IF the same folks complain every thread then I gotta add some folks who I thought were cool.

Then the board will go downhill just like scout and rivals..

Either way I don't care as much... NFL is back 🤷🏾‍♂️

Who’s ur team?

The best way to predict if Manny is going to be a dud is to see if our AD gives him a contract extension at the end of this season....

We have demonstrated an uncanny ability to give out early contract extensions to coaches who end up as failures..
Don't jinx us.

Our fans are pretty awful. They expect every coach to be undefeated and at the first sign
of struggle they want him and his staff gone. I’m sure other fan bases have ridiculously unrealistic fans too, but **** it sure seems we have more than most.

And I can’t speak for other fan bases but we seem to be polluted with a bunch of “fans” who want to be first with their negative takes on this coach or that player so they can brag to a bunch of ppl they don’t know about it at the first inkling that they are proven correct. It’s odd to say the least.
Lol this is comical. Has one of our fans ever thrown a brick through a window of the head coaches house (bama)? Have any of our fans tried to get records through the freedom of information act in order to get a coach fired (Arkansas)(I know UM is a private institution). People think we are bad bc certain fans have negative takes and fly banners. We are not nearly as bad as other fan bases (SEC). I live in the heart of SEC country (bama) and the negative stuff certain fans say about our program is child's play in comparison to SEC fan bases.

Compared to other coaches El Jefe is sitting in a nice lazy boy chair while other coaches @$$es have jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

Advertisement
Would you have wanted Jimmy, an "ACTUAL" Hurricane fired after coughing up a 31-0 lead at half, the biggest blown lead in program history against Maryland, followed by the Hail Flute the very next week?
Man I can't imagine a message board like this after the '84 season. Besides beating UF and Auburn to start, that season was a disaster wrapped in a cluster****. Local press was all over Jimmy. We ended the season losing 3 straight including the bowl. Imagine this place.

Ah yes the classic “but Jimmy was bad his first season” excuse. Its not like we heard this for literally every coach since 2007.....

Jimmy was a HC before coming to UM. Manny was a mediocre DC whose claim to fame is a necklace.
A coach with prior head coaching experience has less of an excuse to be bad his first year. You don't make any sense.

Advertisement
Diaz has had 3 games as a head coach, people
Expected him to be moong perfect decisions from
day 1 and the fact that he’s learning g in the job ****es people off.

The first 2 games were not a good start, we lost to an average Florida team and a not so good unc team on the road. I’m hoping we sss Diaz and the team get some positive steam going in this homestand.

I think this is where this flawed thinking comes in to play; I’m not so sure why fans r blaming fans for their reactions of us starting 0-2. IMHO, Manny did this to himself. He was tweet king, trolling FSwho at its own clinic, telling recruits either join us or get ur *** kicked by us, telling everyone this is TNM, which will mimic our past.

If Manny would’ve came in w the attitude that ‘it’s going to take some time to get back to Miami football, but he’s the guy to do it’, then I’m not sure what fan would be upset at; but he’s been slanging that TNM mantra, getting the fans stupid hyped.

I personally said he needs 3 yrs, and no I’m not one that thinks he should be fired, but if u’re going to talk big, you better back it up. If u fire the entire offensive staff and keep the entire defensive staff in tack, hinting that it was that side of the ball that was the problem, then you better not give up 4th & 17 or continually have a hard time getting to the QB.

These r reactions he brought upon himself, and I stated b4 the season started, I hope he’s ready b/c w all this talking he put a giant bull’s eye on his back.

Last edited:
I think this is where this flawed thinking comes in to play; I’m not so sure why fans r blaming fans for their reactions of us starting 0-2. IMHO, Manny did this to himself. He was tweet king, trolling FSwho at its own clinic, telling recruits either join us or get ur *** kicked by us, telling everyone this is TNM, which will mimic our past.

If Manny would’ve came in w the attitude that ‘it’s going to take some time to get back to Miami football, but he’s the guy to do it’, then I’m not sure what fan would be upset at; but he’s been slanging that TNM mantra, getting the fans stupid hyped.

I personally said he needs 3 yrs, and no I’m not one that thinks he should be fired, but if u’re going to talk big, you better back it up. If u fire the entire offensive staff and keep the entire defensive staff in tack, hinting that it was that side of the ball that was the problem, then you better not give up 4th & 17 or continually have a hard time getting to the QB.

These r reactions he brought upon himself, and I stated b4 the season started, I hope he’s ready b/c w all this talking he put a giant bull’s eye on his back.

I hear what you're saying. I think Diaz was trying to reinvigorate the program and get people talking about us again. He attacked the portal to plug holes on the roster and in all honesty, we should be 3-0 but he made some rookie mistakes during two road games. I see more positives than negatives at this point, not that that should be the bar.

Man I can't imagine a message board like this after the '84 season. Besides beating UF and Auburn to start, that season was a disaster wrapped in a cluster****. Local press was all over Jimmy. We ended the season losing 3 straight including the bowl. Imagine this place.

And got basically blown out by FSU, at home. People even forget that game.

Advertisement
Back