Question: Lots of die hard Cane fans attacking the staff

you know what good football looks like, when in the midst of 2 of the greatest periods in college football history. that is not the norm. you people think because we have a U on our helmet that means we should be undefeated every year. we are a private school where the administration sees football as a 'nice' thing to have. we don't pay our staff what big time programs do. i thought we were turning that corner by paying richt, but he was here to drink pina coladas and coast.

so what do we do? we hire someone from that staff who has never been a head coach, for cheap, again. i like manny a lot and im excited to see what he can do, but that's an illustration of this football program. hiring a guy with no experience for cheap. it's our hallmark.
That's why you need an AD who demands excellence. Ours is not that person.

Advertisement
You think the majority of Miami fans believe Diaz and company will have us playing for championships?

i think the majority of miami fans hope he can have us playing for championships. we play in the coastal division of the ACC. it's not a crazy idea

Advertisement
No one is comparing coaches... I"m comparing fan reactions. Miami has absolutely the worst fan base in the country. 3 games in and fans want to fire Diaz. Idiots

i've lost count how many times miami fans say miami fans are the worst in the country. yeah ok man have something like what we've gone thru happen to an SEC team. what a dumbass shortsighted statement to make over and over and over again.

we have over reactors like EVERYONE else in america.

Advertisement
Rell I don't care about complaining BUT IF the same folks complain every thread then I gotta add some folks who I thought were cool.

Then the board will go downhill just like scout and rivals..

Either way I don't care as much... NFL is back 🤷🏾‍♂️
Lol. JW, you must have the biggest ignore list on the board and it’s not even close. I’m always laughing when you say “on the list you go.”

i think the majority of miami fans hope he can have us playing for championships. we play in the coastal division of the ACC. it's not a crazy idea
For the first time in 20 years we have a competent OC, a good young QB, and an aggressive D - at the same time.

Let’s see if he can get us depth/talent/an O Line. But without waves of talent and an incredible OL we’re not ******* with Clemson.

For the first time in 20 years we have a competent OC, a good young QB, and an aggressive D - at the same time.

Let’s see if he can get us depth/talent/an O Line. But without waves of talent and an incredible OL we’re not ******* with Clemson.

totally agree. we are nowhere near that level yet

Advertisement
I think this is where this flawed thinking comes in to play; I’m not so sure why fans r blaming fans for their reactions of us starting 0-2. IMHO, Manny did this to himself. He was tweet king, trolling FSwho at its own clinic, telling recruits either join us or get ur *** kicked by us, telling everyone this is TNM, which will mimic our past.

If Manny would’ve came in w the attitude that ‘it’s going to take some time to get back to Miami football, but he’s the guy to do it’, then I’m not sure what fan would be upset at; but he’s been slanging that TNM mantra, getting the fans stupid hyped.

I personally said he needs 3 yrs, and no I’m not one that thinks he should be fired, but if u’re going to talk big, you better back it up. If u fire the entire offensive staff and keep the entire defensive staff in tack, hinting that it was that side of the ball that was the problem, then you better not give up 4th & 17 or continually have a hard time getting to the QB.

These r reactions he brought upon himself, and I stated b4 the season started, I hope he’s ready b/c w all this talking he put a giant bull’s eye on his back.
This.

Ah yes the classic “but Jimmy was bad his first season” excuse. Its not like we heard this for literally every coach since 2007.....

Jimmy was a HC before coming to UM. Manny was a mediocre DC whose claim to fame is a necklace.
Plus, JJ was forced to kept most of Howard's staff and they hated him. I always thought players turn on him that first year. Jimmy was young and still learning, especially how to coach Bowl Games. Comparing Manny to him is silly. JJ was AA on NC team as player and came from excellent coaching trees. Manny is a Miami kid who despite a alum father with money, went to a rival school. Actually football experience limited and got fired from the one big job he had. It is his first year and maybe some of us are jumping the gun but we have seen this show too many times.

Plus, JJ was forced to kept most of Howard's staff and they hated him. I always thought players turn on him that first year. Jimmy was young and still learning, especially how to coach Bowl Games. Comparing Manny to him is silly. JJ was AA on NC team as player and came from excellent coaching trees. Manny is a Miami kid who despite a alum father with money, went to a rival school. Actually football experience limited and got fired from the one big job he had. It is his first year and maybe some of us are jumping the gun but we have seen this show too many times.

And was 29-25-3 at Oklahoma State.

Advertisement
Can't compare Manny to the last four coaches we've had.we'd never been in the game like we're with uf and UNC with those coaches.their history proves it .what do we have to lose if we just let this season play out and see where we stand when it's over.and see if there's any improvement next year .if things are the same then it'll be another year changes will be made and we start all over from scratch.gripe all you want Diaz isn't going a way until then.

For the 1st time in 20yrs??....H.O.L.Y. S.H*.T...did you honestly just say that??

Advertisement
Back