Quarterman's Legacy

Shaq came in a man, played like a man, behaved like a man, and is leaving a man. A solid rock in the middle from day one until the end. You can ask for no more. Had he been here in the days of decent coaching we would think him among the all time greats. Kid will have a solid and long NFL career. If his dad is watching here, your boy did us proud each and every day and was worthy of The Smoke.

well said. he took care of business on and off the field and is a leader of the team. hope we have more kids like him that come in and just work.

Advertisement
A top 10 middle linebacker by far ever and maybe a top 10 linebacker flat out. I hate that Daddy Quarterman is gone now where he should see the love we're showing his son who I'm going to miss

A top 10 middle linebacker by far ever and maybe a top 10 linebacker flat out. I hate that Daddy Quarterman is gone now where he should see the love we're showing his son who I'm going to miss

You call this thread love?

No disrespect to George Mira, but he’s better than Shaq? Yesu Kristo, please....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some of y'all are wilin'. Shaq will go down as one of the all-time greats in UM history. Not saying he'll end up in the NFL HoF, or even an all-pro for that matter, but there's no question he's one of the best at his position to ever don the orange & green. Stop the foolishness!

GO CANES!!!
All Time Great at UM??....Thats full blown retardation.....

As fans we can do better.

You can appreciate a player who had a stellar career without trying to put him in the all time great category.

This conversation been beat into the ground and unfortunately it derails threads that are intended to show appreciation.

Shaqs been an amazing contributor for the U. He will be sorely missed. He was the MLB for 2 really amazing defenses. He has show legendary character and leadership that will serve him well in life.

That said, he’s simply not an all time great when it comes to on the field. For the amount of starts he’s had, He should be the all time leader in tackles by far for the U.

I will miss Shaq.

Lol at Shaq starting over Nate...Mira or Clark...Not happening....

I never said anything about who'd start over who. I'm going based on what I saw when all those guys played football at Miami and beyond. To get into who'd start in front of whom is solely subjective. If Mira Jr. and Tiger were so good, they would've had NFL careers. Don't let Tiger's NC game cloud your judgment. Listen, I'm not going down that road of diminishing some of those guys accomplishments to prove my point. All those guys were stellar while at Miami, but I would've loved to see Shaq play with some of the DT's those other guys had in front of them. I'll be willing to bet Shaq will get drafted and play more than 2 years in the NFL. At the end of the day, I'm confident time will prove me right on this one.

Stay out the hatorade…. GO CANES!!!

As fans we can do better.

You can appreciate a player who had a stellar career without trying to put him in the all time great category.

This conversation been beat into the ground and unfortunately it derails threads that are intended to show appreciation.

Shaqs been an amazing contributor for the U. He will be sorely missed. He was the MLB for 2 really amazing defenses. He has show legendary character and leadership that will serve him well in life.

That said, he’s simply not an all time great when it comes to on the field. For the amount of starts he’s had, He should be the all time leader in tackles by far for the U.

I will miss Shaq.

Not sure what your definition is of an "all-time great", but as for me it's someone who made an impact at Miami, is one of the top 5-10 guys to play at his position, and did it without flinching. By that definition, Shaq Q is one of the all-time greats to play at the U.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
I never said anything about who'd start over who. I'm going based on what I saw when all those guys played football at Miami and beyond. To get into who'd start in front of whom is solely subjective. If Mira Jr. and Tiger were so good, they would've had NFL careers. Don't let Tiger's NC game cloud your judgment. Listen, I'm not going down that road of diminishing some of those guys accomplishments to prove my point. All those guys were stellar while at Miami, but I would've loved to see Shaq play with some of the DT's those other guys had in front of them. I'll be willing to bet Shaq will get drafted and play more than 2 years in the NFL. At the end of the day, I'm confident time will prove me right on this one.

Stay out the hatorade…. GO CANES!!!
Nobody is Hating...Nowhere did I hate on Shaq....Good UM MLBer....Great Kid...Outstanding Personality....But to say he belongs with the likes of Mira (1st team AA) and Webster is beyond ludicrous....and spare me anything NFL related...thats not what the discussion nor topic is about....Go back and watch the above mentioned play the position at UM....then honestly tell me Shaq belongs in the same sentence.

Nobody is Hating...Nowhere did I hate on Shaq....Good UM MLBer....Great Kid...Outstanding Personality....But to say he belongs with the likes of Mira (1st team AA) and Webster is beyond ludicrous....and spare me anything NFL related...thats not what the discussion nor topic is about....Go back and watch the above mentioned play the position at UM....then honestly tell me Shaq belongs in the same sentence.

You could've plugged just about anyone into the middle of that 1987 team and they would've flourished. I think the fact that Tiger stepped in after Mira was suspended for steroids lends credence to my statement. The fact that Mira was found to be using roids, got drafted in the 12th round and never played a down in the NFL justifies my statement. Saying he was better than Shaq is like saying Bosworth was better than Barrow.

You could've plugged just about anyone into the middle of that 1987 team and they would've flourished. I think the fact that Tiger stepped in after Mira was suspended for steroids lends credence to my statement. The fact that Mira was found to be using roids, got drafted in the 12th round and never played a down in the NFL justifies my statement. Saying he was better than Shaq is like saying Bosworth was better than Barrow.
Bosworth WAS a better "CFB" LBer than Barrow....are you kidding me??....Say what ya want...but Boz was a Bad MFer at OU....1st team AA....and had a huge game against us in 86....

Advertisement
Bosworth WAS a better "CFB" LBer than Barrow....are you kidding me??....Say what ya want...but Boz was a Bad MFer at OU....1st team AA....and had a huge game against us in 86....

Seems like we're discussing 2 different things. I'm on the Shaq is one of the best/talented (top 5-10) to play MLB at Miami and you're on the who had better stats/accolades argument

Seems like we're discussing 2 different things. I'm on the Shaq is one of the best/talented (top 5-10) to play MLB at Miami and you're on the who had better stats/accolades argument
No way is Shaq Top 5.....A Top 5 MLBer at UM would be able to start on one of UMs 5 NC teams....Shaq isn't starting on any of them....

Shaq stinks. Stiff, slow, 20 pounds too heavy, relatively weak hitter and small muscles for a guy at 240 pounds. Won’t miss him at all. Good thing he’s a great guy and a smart young man because he’s pretty *** at football. In 2-3 years Shaq is gonna be working in a cubicle somewhere.
yawn.gif

Advertisement
Back