Quarterman's Legacy

Advertisement
The other two were before my time but I would put Shaq about Nate. Bigger, stronger and more consistent.

Webster made some incredible plays but also had some huge busts.
That's Ridiculous...Webster (from 20yrs ago) starts at MLBer on this yrs team EASILY....C'mon man....

Webster was a great player and a blast to watch but sometimes his aggression got him in trouble. Shaq is steadier.
Stop it...I watched both (especially Nate) at practice and during games....No UM LBer...and I'm talking Marley...Lewis..Morgan etc...Practice liked Nate....Nobody....Ferocious isnt the word....Would absolutely Destroy people in practice....didnt matter if it was Edge...JJ...etc...No Fs given....Absolutely Ruthless.....You say Shaq is stronger??...Lol...I highly doubt that....he certainly doesn't play like he's stronger than Nate....Look man, I have Absolutely No doubt in my mind that Nate circa 99...starts on UM 2019......None

Advertisement
Advertisement
apparently you haven't read some of the negative threads and posts concerning his abilities.
I've written some of them. However, a four year starter at any position on any team is going to be missed. Even if the next guy has a higher ceiling he's not approaching that ceiling in the first year or maybe even two years.

I've written some of them. However, a four year starter at any position on any team is going to be missed. Even if the next guy has a higher ceiling he's not approaching that ceiling in the first year or maybe even two years.
True, now all you have to do is convince those porsters who think that the new guys athleticism or higher ceiling will immediately trump Shaq's achievements and perceived deficiencies. In short my post wasn't directed at someone like you who probably used constructive criticism to render an assessment of Shaq's abilities. The post was directed more towards the mouth breathers who tore into the kid unfairly and ignorantly.

Stop it...I watched both (especially Nate) at practice and during games....No UM LBer...and I'm talking Marley...Lewis..Morgan etc...Practice liked Nate....Nobody....Ferocious isnt the word....Would absolutely Destroy people in practice....didnt matter if it was Edge...JJ...etc...No Fs given....Absolutely Ruthless.....You say Shaq is stronger??...Lol...I highly doubt that....he certainly doesn't play like he's stronger than Nate....Look man, I have Absolutely No doubt in my mind that Nate circa 99...starts on UM 2019......None

The real question: would you be willing to add Shaq memorabilia to your Canes collection?

Advertisement

Nate was of a different breed. He would choke out teamates for fun... He had bolts loose. Blake James woulnt let a player like him on this team.

Advertisement

I'm biased, Nate's one of my all-time favorite Canes. I understand what D's saying though..... Nate would get upfield too early and run right by stuff in the name of killing someone (with or without the ball). He had to drive coaches bat**** crazy in film review. But, he was the most ferocious football player I've ever seen and I've never met someone more intimidating.... which is double awesome because he was only about 5'10" at best. When my kid gets old enough to play football in pads I'm going to show him clips of Nate as the model.... editing out the rage-induced gap shooting and bottom-of-the-pile ******** punching, of course.

Advertisement
Back