Quan Lee “decommits”

Status
Not open for further replies.
shocked philip j fry GIF

Advertisement
You wouldn’t accept the LOIs from either of those guys.

I wouldn't.

Think about it another way, since some people apparently want to gloss over the initial impact (because these 17 year olds were "coerced")...

If you take these kids in the current Portal Era, how quickly will they decide that they "made a mistake" and start back-door contact with other schools? If it's so easy to disrespect a school during recruiting, when the school has done nothing but treat these recruits with love and respect, how quickly will MJJ and WB bail when they get some tough coaching or they have a disagreement with a teammate?

Since a bunch of porsters like to compare this to other types of situations in life, then why isn't this comparison valid - let's say you are dating a girl and she cheats on you. Then you use that situation to convince her to marry you, and you forgive her. How emotionally easy would it be for her to cheat on you once you are married? And why would you want to live with that life-long paranoia?

Advertisement
This is exactly what didn't happen. He told the UM coaches he was locked in and shutting things down, then we found out about the UCF visit from the media. Not a recipe for honesty and respect.

PS, apologies to @Trav , I responded before I saw that he essentially said the same thing.

definition of playing yourself. Hey, he may go on to do great things wherever he ends up at, but I believe with Miami being his biggest offer at the time (and currently for that matter), part of me does feel like he was attempting to parlay his name and being committed to Miami into getting attention from other big name schools as well and it backfired. Ole “maybe if i commit to Miami and make enough noise, maybe then UF will give me a second look” type of deal.

definition of playing yourself. Hey, he may go on to do great things wherever he ends up at, but I believe with Miami being his biggest offer at the time (and currently for that matter), part of me does feel like he was attempting to parlay his name and being committed to Miami into getting attention from other big name schools as well and it backfired. Ole “maybe if i commit to Miami and make enough noise, maybe then UF will give me a second look” type of deal.

He was working his way up the Turnpike....

Committed to Miami. Check.

Visit to UCF. Check.

Next stop, Hogtown...

Advertisement
Who was the last recruit to decommit that everyone was so excited to see go? Hah
The one before Quan....... It's a CIS tradition, kids signs and is "the greatest hidden recruit and a real class leader and is gonna be a player even if he has no legit offers". Then kid gets dropped/decommits and "we really didn't want him, not Miami material, he played himself"

Happens every year

I have no doubt you know more than me on this matter but what makes it a clear drop? Just curious.
Been watching this stuff play out too many **** years. Doing the equation of other options/this recruit's skillet/ divided by the energy and time the staff is willing to invest in keeping him around. So did they call him up and say maybe you should pursue football elsewhere? No. But did they call him up after he started looking around and say hey what's up man we still good? Or after he decommitted? Also no. The tea leaves aren't super complicated to read.

Advertisement
Been watching this stuff play out too many **** years. Doing the equation of other options/this recruit's skillet/ divided by the energy and time the staff is willing to invest in keeping him around. So did they call him up and say maybe you should pursue football elsewhere? No. But did they call him up after he started looking around and say hey what's up man we still good? Or after he decommitted? Also no. The tea leaves aren't super complicated to read.
Sounds good, I guess only the staff and the player really know for sure. That sounds plausible though, thanks.

The only tea leaves not difficult to read right now is the narrative you’re trying to push.

You have absolutely no clue who said what to who or when it was said.

Advertisement
The only tea leaves not difficult to read right now is the narrative you’re trying to push.

You have absolutely no clue who said what to who or when it was said.
For sure no. But there's something called deductive reasoning. Try it sometime.

For sure no. But there's something called deductive reasoning. Try it sometime.

Can you point to one thing from the last two classes or anything Manny has said publicly that shows you used any kind of deductive reason to reach your conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back