Quan Lee “decommits”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This news was so expected, you’d think Barry Jackson had reported it.
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Advertisement
lol right? The more talented you are the more leeway you have. It’s pretty simple
There's more to it than that but yes. Lee said he was shutting down his recruitment (and told coaches the same) then immediately went out on other enthusiastic visits. If you were a bit of a reach to begin with, that's a bad look. They knew MJJ and WB were taking visits to FSU, disrespectful photos aside.

Advertisement
It's clearly a drop but I would have been perfectly happy had he stayed on. I like his game and I think he can be a pretty good P5 WR but I bet he ends up G5.
I have no doubt you know more than me on this matter but what makes it a clear drop? Just curious.

Advertisement
A/K/A Dropped

Diaz at Paradise
““It’s a scenario where the kids are going to go look around. They haven’t been able to go anywhere,” the coach said. “We’re not a high-pressure outfit. There’s a lot of schools that kind of press a kid to try to commit. I think they’re trying to get some fake momentum because of that and that’s fine. They can win the recruiting bake-off in the month of June because that’s not Signing Day. We want to be authentic in our relationships and if a kid picks Miami we want it to be for the right reasons.”

People took this quote very WRONG like he was being soft.
He means... take your time but when you commit you are only a Cane, no BS, no visits, be committed.

The message is communicated to every recruit now.

This young man knew once he committed it was done. He made his choice so good luck to him.

i am riding with Manny on this. I like it.

Willing to bet the next school he commits to isn't the one he actually ends up at.

Diaz at Paradise
““It’s a scenario where the kids are going to go look around. They haven’t been able to go anywhere,” the coach said. “We’re not a high-pressure outfit. There’s a lot of schools that kind of press a kid to try to commit. I think they’re trying to get some fake momentum because of that and that’s fine. They can win the recruiting bake-off in the month of June because that’s not Signing Day. We want to be authentic in our relationships and if a kid picks Miami we want it to be for the right reasons.”

He means... take your time but when you commit you are only a Cane, no BS, no visits, be committed.

This young man knew once he committed it was done. He made his choice so good luck to him.

Let's be honest...those people interpreted that quote as being soft because Manny is articulate and there are too many words in there beyond their reading level.

Advertisement
Diaz at Paradise

All of this and all the nonsense he put out on social media defending his "right" to do what he wanted. Too much talking...

As I said “ he played himself “

How you gonna drop science? You're dumb
Stupid ignorant, don't even talk to me
At school you dropped Math, Science and History
And then you get on the mic and try to act smart
Well let me tell you one thing, you got heart
To perpetrate, you're bait, so just wait
Till the press shove a mic in your face
Or you meet Boogie Down or Chuck D
Stetsasonic or the Big Daddy
And they ask you about the game you claim you got
Drop science now, why not?
You start to sweat and fret, it gets hot
How'd you get into this spot?
You played yourself...
Yo, yo, you played yourself...

He should of asked if he committed but wanted to take a visit somewhere, would the staff approve of it. Had they said, no, he should have held off on his commitment. Shot himself in the foot

This is exactly what didn't happen. He told the UM coaches he was locked in and shutting things down, then we found out about the UCF visit from the media. Not a recipe for honesty and respect.

PS, apologies to @Trav , I responded before I saw that he essentially said the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back