2024 QB Trever Jackson

Miami is gonna watch him throw Thursday per Ivins. Wiltfong says he'd be surprised if UM doesn't offer after watching him throw.
About Time GIF

Advertisement
Probably not the popular opinion here but...

I like Judd better

No problem at all taking both. We should do that if we can.

There is no such thing as a "sure thing" when it comes to QB recruiting, but neither of these kids are even "kinda sure things", so nobody should be giving you **** if you like 1 vs the other and more importantly, yes, we should take both.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I prefer this kid to Anderson although neither is any kind of sure thing. Good size, plus arm, nice athleticism. Solid numbers as a junior despite limited varsity experience. I don't get the rush to offer Judd Anderson and the slow-play with this kid.

Advertisement
I prefer this kid to Anderson although neither is any kind of sure thing. Good size, plus arm, nice athleticism. Solid numbers as a junior despite limited varsity experience. I don't get the rush to offer Judd Anderson and the slow-play with this kid.
Believe this might still be due to the Hurley smoke. Miami obviously wants to see that through first…. Do I agree? No. Think Jackson will be better than Hurley by this time next year.

There is no such thing as a "sure thing" when it comes to QB recruiting, but neither of these kids are even "kinda sure things", so nobody should be giving you **** if you like 1 vs the other and more importantly, yes, we should take both.
The Ol Ball Coach Steve Spurrier put it best "only 25% of highly qualified HS QB's can make that transition to be able to perform at D1 because of the speed of the game ... everybody playing quality D1 football is good and is fast". Take Trever Jackson in a heartbeat.

Agreed. And I also don’t understand why we offered A.J. Hairston, who ended up committing to UMass, as the word on the board at the time was that we were aiming for a QB class of Air Noland as QB1 and Hairston as QB2.

Jackson’s better than Judd and Hairston as a possible QB2 in this class. His apparent preference to stay in state *could* make this a layup, but we’ll see which other programs besides UCLA try to make a move for him.

Advertisement
Back