2024 QB Trever Jackson

Advertisement
Just a FYI for all CiS folks... Feldman hyperlinked Ari Wasserman’s report, which Gaby disputed. So there is still a level of public-fandom ambiguity into how much Miami wants him as the second quarterback.

This is what Wasserman wrote on Thursday

When he arrived in Los Angeles, he kept getting calls from Miami. The Hurricanes wanted to extend a scholarship offer.

That’s significant for a Florida prospect. It’s almost as though Miami had a crystal ball for what was about to happen at Redondo Beach Union High School later in the evening.….
“I get in my head sometimes, but I do a lot of research,” Jackson said. “There are about 18 or 19 schools left in the Power 5 who don’t have a quarterback commit. I look at all that stuff. It gives me a chance to look at those schools.”

Jackson is smart. He knows how the process works. But the naivety is kind of sweet, too. He’s already officially visited Pittsburgh and has an official scheduled for Mizzou at the end of the month. But if he becomes a commodity, it’s not going to matter who is committed where. For instance, Miami already has a quarterback committed in its 2024 class in three-star Judd Anderson of Gray (Ga.) Jones County and the offer to Jackson still came through.

Advertisement
What Incredulous GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back