QB development is scary

Advertisement
Ok you finally answered the question after 14 hours of back and forth. So now that we got that out of the way, why is he throwing ducks to wide open receivers? Keep in mind I'm a Tate Martell fan.

No comment about Enos saying he has big hands? ...Oh, okay.

Throwing a tight spiral is not high up on the list in what coaches look for. The priorities are ball placement and timing.

All 3 of our QBs are pretty much on the same level. Tate will win the job bc he will grasp the playbook better, command the huddle, and move the chains.

The issue is we've seen regression not progression with Jon Richt as the QB coach. It seemed like our QBs never threw "on-time". Hopefully with a more than competent QB coach, we'll see a major improvement for the fall at this position.

The issue is we've seen regression not progression with Jon Richt as the QB coach. It seemed like our QBs never threw "on-time". Hopefully with a more than competent QB coach, we'll see a major improvement for the fall at this position.
Thankfully it’s April but guys that would know have cause for concern. The lack of overall fundementals was astounding.

Tiger Woods practices his stance and swing most everyday. Steph Curry takes a minimum of 250 practice shots a day, plus another 100 before every game. Bryce Harper practices his stance and swing most everyday, along with batting practice. In other words, the world's greatest athlete's in their chosen field continually practices the basics and have been doing so since they were kids.

Advertisement
You said "I'm hearing" like somebody gave you intel. You watched one youtube video and you came up with the conclusion.
Looks like my guys were right! The QBs are struggling and that’s from some pretty reliable sources. When guys that played the position at a high level talk, maybe some experts here will listen

Tiger Woods practices his stance and swing most everyday. Steph Curry takes a minimum of 250 practice shots a day, plus another 100 before every game. Bryce Harper practices his stance and swing most everyday, along with batting practice. In other words, the world's greatest athlete's in their chosen field continually practices the basics and have been doing so since they were kids.
Agreed, although I think you’ve vastly underestimated how much work they put in every day..

Advertisement
Agreed, although I think you’ve vastly underestimated how much work they put in every day..
My comments were a response to someone who was surprised that our QB's are practicing basics, thus I addressed how the greats also practice basics everyday. I am fully aware of the level of work many of the best athlete's invest most everyday of their lives.

Just saw this on the other site regarding Ohio State's Spring Game:

Justin Fields will still have some growing pains in the Ohio State offense. Despite a 98-yard touchdown pass, Fields struggled a bit with his accuracy and it will take him some time to become comfortable

I think manny hit the nail on the head yesterday when he said the real improvement is going to come when these guys dial in diluting the summer on their own time. It seems like the light came on for perry and Williams and martell seems like a worker. Should be an interesting summer.

Dennis Erickson ran an offense that many referred to as a gimmick. It evolved into another gimmick, the modern day spread. Both concepts have worked well.
I'd like to know who the many are who referred to it as a "gimmick." They made asses of the themselves.

When Dennis was hired at Miami, Terry Donahue, then the highly-respected coach at UCLA, called Dennis' offense, the "best conceived" offense in the Pac-10.

Dennis himself said they watched a lot of Redskins film to design the WSU one-back offense. That one-back, with John Riggins as the only RB, was no gimmick. It was a dominant NFL offense.

I don't know who would call that offense a gimmick. It's rare that a one-back offense would have TWO 1000 yard rushers on the same team the same year. That's exactly what Erickson had at Washington State the year before he came to Miami.

Dennis was one of the hottest young coaches in college football when we managed to get him.

Advertisement
It is always amazing to me the leaps and bounds people take from the comfort of their own homes or the stands.

Point blank, you don't know what is being taught unless you're there in practice. You don't know what the playbook dictates. You don't know what the players learn, take in, and then are capable of applying.

No coach is perfect, but obviously some are better than others. Some are great at fundamentals, but suck at gameplanning. Some are master motivators, others couldn't move a blade of grass with what's coming out of their mouths.

I also don't put much stock in what the offense does against the defense or visa versa. They know what the other side is going to do more than any opponent we'll face all season as they line up against one another weekly.

Then there's the chess game between our coaches and whatever coaches we face on game day.

So all in all, let it play out and for just one second, believe you don't know Jack **** about what's going on.

I'm talking about in the NFL. People are already seeing that guys stock drop. They do not produce quality quarterbacka.

It is beyond dumb to try and correlate good in college to good in the NFL.

I'll be frank, besides wanting to see a player go onto making as much money as they can in the NFL, I don't give a **** if they produce at that level.

You know what I care about? What they do here. By your absurd standard, you aren't alone, Dorsey wasn't a quality QB. That notion is so screwed up it isn't even funny.

Take that crap with ya and kick rocks with it.

I wonder if Michigan fans brag about Brady. They didn't develop him and he only became arguably, if not outright, the best QB of all-time.

It is beyond dumb to try and correlate good in college to good in the NFL.

I'll be frank, besides wanting to see a player go onto making as much money as they can in the NFL, I don't give a **** if they produce at that level.

You know what I care about? What they do here. By your absurd standard, you aren't alone, Dorsey wasn't a quality QB. That notion is so screwed up it isn't even funny.

Take that crap with ya and kick rocks with it.

I wonder if Michigan fans brag about Brady. They didn't develop him and he only became arguably, if not outright, the best QB of all-time.
This X1000

Advertisement
I'd like to know who the many are who referred to it as a "gimmick." They made asses of the themselves.

When Dennis was hired at Miami, Terry Donahue, then the highly-respected coach at UCLA, called Dennis' offense, the "best conceived" offense in the Pac-10.

Dennis himself said they watched a lot of Redskins film to design the WSU one-back offense. That one-back, with John Riggins as the only RB, was no gimmick. It was a dominant NFL offense.

I don't know who would call that offense a gimmick. It's rare that a one-back offense would have TWO 1000 yard rushers on the same team the same year. That's exactly what Erickson had at Washington State the year before he came to Miami.

Dennis was one of the hottest young coaches in college football when we managed to get him.
If you took a minute to read the post I responded to you may have got the touch of sarcasm. That being said, I don’t need a Dennis Erickson lesson, I watched his offenses on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my guys were right! The QBs are struggling and that’s from some pretty reliable sources. When guys that played the position at a high level talk, maybe some experts here will listen
Excuse the F outta us peons....Boy.....you really showed us.....

Advertisement
Back