QB development is scary

You said "I'm hearing" like somebody gave you intel. You watched one youtube video and you came up with the conclusion.
I don’t need you tube for info my guys played here at a pretty high level and can walk into any practice or scrimmage they choose. People like you have no clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
None of the quarterbacks who are about to get drafted in the first round have much if any experience dropping back. Maybe Daniel Jones has done it but I know for a fact that Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock were not practicing drop backs from under center. Maybe they are now as they've been prepping for the draft but during the season it wasn't happening.

None of the quarterbacks who are about to get drafted in the first round have much if any experience dropping back. Maybe Daniel Jones has done it but I know for a fact that Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock were not practicing drop backs from under center. Maybe they are now as they've been prepping for the draft but during the season it wasn't happening.
I think you guys are seriously missing the point on this. It's not who's doing what. It's our QBs at this point dont know it period. First thing you learn is your drops as a qb.

Advertisement
should anyone tell OP that NFL qbs still work on it?

it's something you do regardless of skill.... peyton tom ect still worked on this stuff and they are superbowl mvps
I guess you know more than guys that won NCs at UM. Our QB fundamentals are not good.

it is alarming that our QBs have to work on proper drops at this point in their careers. Gino, Bernie and Dors conducted a QB camp at my kids high school and drops and footwork were the first thing they taught. I’m hearing we need big time improvement from all of the QBs, lot of work to be done and that comes from someone that has watched multiple practices . Thankfully it’s April!
Maybe they should YouTube it?

Advertisement
it is alarming that our QBs have to work on proper drops at this point in their careers. Gino, Bernie and Dors conducted a QB camp at my kids high school and drops and footwork were the first thing they taught. I’m hearing we need big time improvement from all of the QBs, lot of work to be done and that comes from someone that has watched multiple practices . Thankfully it’s April!

Every QB at every level works on that.

What's Tate Martell's excuse? We know the other guys never had a real coach until now, but you mean Tate mechanics is just as bad? Just wondering!

I think you guys are seriously missing the point on this. It's not who's doing what. It's our QBs at this point dont know it period. First thing you learn is your drops as a qb.
None of them had ever taken snaps under center had they D? If that's the case, they're all having to learn that from scratch as well as a new playbook. Huge challenge on both aspects.

Advertisement
Anyone that's ever followed an urban Myer offense and still has to ask that question is neglecting to actually watch the game... think about his QBs and what's happened with them. Only one that was able to get over it took a very long time and had to relearn everything. That's Alex Smith. The man ran a gimmick for an offense. Just look at shebow.

You would actually have to know a little bit about football to realize this.

The NFL doesn't give a **** what offense you played in in College, they only care about you having the innate skills to play at their level.

Look at Mayfield & Mahomes, ****, Trubisky played in a spread at UNC, & Joe Montana was an option QB.

Tired of this "square peg, round hole" BS, just score baby.
Was that in response to my comment? & if you think the NFL dont give a **** what offense you played in(even though that wasn't my point if it is in response to me)just ask those Texas tech & Hawaii QBs under the pirate & I dont remember buddy's name who coached Hawaii when they ran that air raid offense. Old guy with same first letters for first and last name. Anyways they had insane qb play and we play yearly. Yet you only heard about Crabtree & to a far lesser extent since he was an unsigned free agent davon Bess. None of them got drafted accordingly based on their results. The few who did get drafted were later round reaches.

None of them had ever taken snaps under center had they D? If that's the case, they're all having to learn that from scratch as well as a new playbook. Huge challenge on both aspects.
There is virtually no such thing though brother as never taking snaps though from under center. It's like telling a second basemen he doesnt need to know how to bunt. It's just simple fundamentals to the game that are taught on every level. I was a desperate backup at qb in optimist & high school. Like 4th string and I was taught 5 & 7 step drops. It's not even so much how far to take your drops. It's just simply understanding how your footwork needs to be. Hand placement. Just basic really simple ****. That doesnt mean they should be an expert at it. But they shouldnt be flat out clueless about it which all of them at times have seemed to be. Different degrees to it,but all the same lost.

Advertisement
Was that in response to my comment? & if you think the NFL dont give a **** what offense you played in(even though that wasn't my point if it is in response to me)just ask those Texas tech & Hawaii QBs under the pirate & I dont remember buddy's name who coached Hawaii when they ran that air raid offense. Old guy with same first letters for first and last name. Anyways they had insane qb play and we play yearly. Yet you only heard about Crabtree & to a far lesser extent since he was an unsigned free agent davon Bess. None of them got drafted accordingly based on their results. The few who did get drafted were later round reaches.

I believe you mean June Jones the Hawaii HC, or former that is

So is everyone on the board going to radically shift their opinions every time there is a remark by a coach one way or another?

Was that in response to my comment? & if you think the NFL dont give a **** what offense you played in(even though that wasn't my point if it is in response to me)just ask those Texas tech & Hawaii QBs under the pirate & I dont remember buddy's name who coached Hawaii when they ran that air raid offense.

Was just speaking in general.

And I think you might be referring to June Jones who coached at Hawaii, but Jones ran the Run & Shoot, Warren Moon had some of His best seasons in the R & S under Jack Pardee.

As far as Air Raid QBs not having success at the next level, you can say the same thing about Stanford's QBs after Luck...and how many of Saban's QBs did anything in the NFL?

As far as Hawaii QBs, I believe Timmy Chang would've been looked at differently today, Chang was a bad boy.

Advertisement
Back