QB development is scary

D

deleted19794

it is alarming that our QBs have to work on proper drops at this point in their careers. Gino, Bernie and Dors conducted a QB camp at my kids high school and drops and footwork were the first thing they taught. I’m hearing we need big time improvement from all of the QBs, lot of work to be done and that comes from someone that has watched multiple practices . Thankfully it’s April!

Advertisement
it is alarming that our QBs have to work on proper drops at this point in their careers. Gino, Bernie and Dors conducted a QB camp at my kids high school and drops and footwork were the first thing they taught. I’m hearing we need big time improvement from all of the QBs, lot of work to be done. Thankfully it’s April!

that's because they all played spread in high school. the same concerns exist with spread college quarterbacks going into the nfl. it's really not a huge deal right now.

that's because they all played spread in high school. the same concerns exist with spread college quarterbacks going into the nfl. it's really not a huge deal right now.
they have all summer to get this right. i am guessing if its a big issue the one that works hardest and gets it right has the advantage to get the starting job.

There is no valid defense for this. Regardless of what they played in highschool they all (except nkosi) had long term private coaches. They all should know the fundamentals of the position. High school be dammed

Advertisement
Sad to hear if true. The QB’s should all know fundamentally proper drops at this stage in the game. Hopefully it is something the’ve picked up on and quickly, there is much more complex things to be worked on and ironed out for us to look like we know what the **** we are doing come 8/24. I don’t want an offensive showing of the likes we had versus LSU last year to open the season. That was thoroughly embarrassing to watch.

So they don't teach fundamentals at Ohio State?
Anyone that's ever followed an urban Myer offense and still has to ask that question is neglecting to actually watch the game... think about his QBs and what's happened with them. Only one that was able to get over it took a very long time and had to relearn everything. That's Alex Smith. The man ran a gimmick for an offense. Just look at shebow.

Anyone that's ever followed an urban Myer offense and still has to ask that question is neglecting to actually watch the game... think about his QBs and what's happened with them. Only one that was able to get over it took a very long time and had to relearn everything. That's Alex Smith. The man ran a gimmick for an offense. Just look at shebow.

I kind of recall Cardale Jones when he got to the NFL, he had some quotes about learning how to become a qb.

Advertisement
I'd bet the number of college quarterbacks who don't know how to properly take a 5 or 7 step drop from under center outnumber the ones who do.

The only high schools lining up quarterbacks under center these days are triple option teams.
All shotgun all the time, baby.

Advertisement
Who cares if the offense is gimmicky?

Urban’s offenses have been the real deal for over a decade.

I want Miami to win - could give a **** less if people called the entire scheme gimmicky.

Advertisement
Maybe it’s not a big deal to you but it was shocking to an ex NFL QB!

One of the reasons i wanted diaz to go for a spread oc. The offenses are easier to learn and its simple for the qbs.

Who cares if the offense is gimmicky?

Urban’s offenses have been the real deal for over a decade.

I want Miami to win - could give a **** less if people called the entire scheme gimmicky.
When you chimed in on this you missed the point brother. The comment was simply about quarterbacks,their mechanics and their development. Nothing to do with urban or his offense. He was only brought up because of a comment about Ohio state not teaching proper mechanics... for the record an urban meyer offense would be a waste of talent here. Would it be successful yes I'm sure it would because it's all about putting athletes into space. But it does none of them any favors for settings kid up for NFL success. As any kid who's gone on from there would attest.

it is alarming that our QBs have to work on proper drops at this point in their careers. Gino, Bernie and Dors conducted a QB camp at my kids high school and drops and footwork were the first thing they taught. I’m hearing we need big time improvement from all of the QBs, lot of work to be done and that comes from someone that has watched multiple practices . Thankfully it’s April!
You said "I'm hearing" like somebody gave you intel. You watched one youtube video and you came up with the conclusion.

Advertisement
Back