QB development is scary

Yep Some like to post photos with ex players, I just post observations from them!
Those Ex players are friends of mine...who stop by my home on a regular basis....and having a sideline pass from 95-2000 afforded me the same opportunities as your so called experts...

Advertisement
Well the spread has **** near taken over the league , The nfl is straight stealing from college. There’s a reason AZ hired kingsbury.

There’s a reason these spread qbs are jumping up the draft board , no matter how short or skinny they are.

This just hasn’t started either.

There was a stat on the nfl network a few months ago that nfl offenses are in spread majority of the time. Pretty much saying the script has flipped , the nfl is now taking from college , it’s always been the opposite.

It is what it is ah this point.

Also the whole “ gimmick “ offense to describe Urbans o is absolute bs, it’s basic power football in a spread formation. Gimmicks don’t continually pile up huge stats every year and win nattys.

Exactly. Tech Tech offensives have been the epitome of gimmick. Granted it’s a running based offense but you can add modern option offense to that list a la GA Tech. Erich Crouch is the prime example of a player who was in a gimmick offense and didn’t have the skill to play at the next level. If I remember correctly he had more interceptions than td throws when he won the Heisman. He had to switch to safety in the pros but didn’t pan out.

Those Ex players are friends of mine...who stop by my home on a regular basis....and having a sideline pass from 95-2000 afforded me the same opportunities as your so called experts...
Dude I’m talking 83 with Bernie thru 92 with Gino, the greatest run in college football history. When those guys have a QB camp at your kid’s school, let me know! 95-2000 was like Pop Warner compared to the decade I mentioned. BTW my “so called experts” were on the field, not the sidelines!

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. Tech Tech offensives have been the epitome of gimmick. Granted it’s a running based offense but you can add modern option offense to that list a la GA Tech. Erich Crouch is the prime example of a player who was in a gimmick offense and didn’t have the skill to play at the next level. If I remember correctly he had more interceptions than td throws when he won the Heisman. He had to switch to safety in the pros but didn’t pan out.
I remember the Rams tried him at receiver first. He got lit up in the preseason going across the middle and he retired lol. Tried to make a comeback that obviously never came to fruition

Not only that, but they ARE in college. What in the heck was Mark and Jon doing with these kids, playing pitty patt?

That was my main issue with Mark's offense. He tried to marry his old pro offense with some spread concepts (zone/read, QB's reading half field, clapping to initiate snaps, etc.) **** was hot gahbage. His UM offense didn't look anything like his offenses at UGA. If he wanted to go spread and not teach proper drops, reads, motions, etc., then he should have went all in and hired a spread guy to be his OC. But that would've meant having to fire Jr. Obviously, he couldn't figure it out how to merge the two styles, and involve his playmakers. Being that he was stubborn and wouldn't fire his underlings, It ended cost him his job.

Advertisement
That was my main issue with Mark's offense. He tried to marry his old pro offense with some spread concepts (zone/read, QB's reading half field, clapping to initiate snaps, etc.) **** was hot gahbage. His UM offense didn't look anything like his offenses at UGA. If he wanted to go spread and not teach proper drops, reads, motions, etc., then he should have went all in and hired a spread guy to be his OC. But that would've meant having to fire Jr. Obviously, he couldn't figure it out how to merge the two styles, and involve his playmakers. Being that he was stubborn and wouldn't fire his underlings, It ended cost him his job.
ThIs is as close to a realistic football explanation that I've seen. Sounds very reasonably plausible!

He couldn't fire his underlings because his underlings were the primary reason why he accepted the MIA job to begin with. Without his son guaranteed a position on the staff, it is doubtful whether he would've ever taken the MIA job. In numerous interviews he repeatedly stated that the eventual goal was to hand play-calling/OC duties over to his son.

It is beyond dumb to try and correlate good in college to good in the NFL.

I'll be frank, besides wanting to see a player go onto making as much money as they can in the NFL, I don't give a **** if they produce at that level.

You know what I care about? What they do here. By your absurd standard, you aren't alone, Dorsey wasn't a quality QB. That notion is so screwed up it isn't even funny.

Take that crap with ya and kick rocks with it.

I wonder if Michigan fans brag about Brady. They didn't develop him and he only became arguably, if not outright, the best QB of all-time.

Ur my guy, but imma have to call you out on this post, playa. Lol We all care, to an extent, what our players do at the next level. We care what they do b/c it goes hand & hand w/ the long term health of our program, as it becomes a bigger selling point to recruits.

And trust me, Meeechigan fans brag about Brady all the time. I have to hear about it in my group chat every time they stink/underachieve and The Pats win the SB. We take pride, as fans, when our boys do well at the next level. That’s why we boast about us being NFLU. We didn’t become NFLU just b/c we flooded the NFL w players. ****, Notre Dame flooded the NFL w players. UFag flooded the NFL w players, but what separates us is what our players did at the next level.

Yes, I care about what they do here, in particular. If any of the QBs put up # 6 here, and go on to have suck *** NFL careers, they’ll still be good in my book; but we all, to an extent, peep what these boys do & root for them to continue our legacy of NFLU.

He couldn't fire his underlings because his underlings were the primary reason why he accepted the MIA job to begin with. Without his son guaranteed a position on the staff, it is doubtful whether he would've ever taken the MIA job. In numerous interviews he repeatedly stated that the eventual goal was to hand play-calling/OC duties over to his son.
Where did you see or hear this? I've only read on cis that Jon was supposed to eventually be the OC but never actually heard or read it from any official source. Doesn't matter now but just curious since you said that he stated it in numerous interviews.

Advertisement
Where did you see or hear this? I've only read on cis that Jon was supposed to eventually be the OC but never actually heard or read it from any official source. Doesn't matter now but just curious since you said that he stated it in numerous interviews.

Nepotistic soundbites can easily become a fixture in your memory forever. I really don't care to dig up his old interviews, but if you would like to please be my guest. It is is definitely there, if you care to research it.

Nepotistic soundbites can easily become a fixture in your memory forever. I really don't care to dig up his old interviews, but if you would like to please be my guest. It is is definitely there, if you care to research it.
That's odd, never once heard that or saw on here anyone mention that they had and mostly every interview and article is posted here. It's moot now but I was just curious

Ur my guy, but imma have to call you out on this post, playa. Lol We all care, to an extent, what our players do at the next level. We care what they do b/c it goes hand & hand w/ the long term health of our program, as it becomes a bigger selling point to recruits.

And trust me, Meeechigan fans brag about Brady all the time. I have to hear about it in my group chat every time they stink/underachieve and The Pats win the SB. We take pride, as fans, when our boys do well at the next level. That’s why we boast about us being NFLU. We didn’t become NFLU just b/c we flooded the NFL w players. ****, Notre Dame flooded the NFL w players. UFag flooded the NFL w players, but what separates us is what our players did at the next level.

Yes, I care about what they do here, in particular. If any of the QBs put up # 6 here, and go on to have suck *** NFL careers, they’ll still be good in my book; but we all, to an extent, peep what these boys do & root for them to continue our legacy of NFLU.

I see your point and I was apparently a bit short sighted. I quit watching the NFL and purely stick to the occasional highlights, articles, and whatever one posts here. I can't stand most of the overpaid babies. Just a generational thing and I keep it strictly college or high school. Fair points though, but from a personal standpoint, I feel exactly as I said.

I see your point and I was apparently a bit short sighted. I quit watching the NFL and purely stick to the occasional highlights, articles, and whatever one posts here. I can't stand most of the overpaid babies. Just a generational thing and I keep it strictly college or high school. Fair points though, but from a personal standpoint, I feel exactly as I said.

Bro, I'm this close to being done w/ the NFL as well man. I followed the NFL religiously, but if it wasn't for Fantasy Football, I wouldn't care much about it. I feel Roger Goodell has completely ruined the game. ****, I'm not a Raider fan, not even remotely close, but I hate that they got screwed this year. 6 games, in a row, on the road and they're home game is in London, England??? And why tf are they even playing American Football in Europe? It's not helping the fan base, like at all.

Advertisement
Bro, I'm this close to being done w/ the NFL as well man. I followed the NFL religiously, but if it wasn't for Fantasy Football, I wouldn't care much about it. I feel Roger Goodell has completely ruined the game. ****, I'm not a Raider fan, not even remotely close, but I hate that they got screwed this year. 6 games, in a row, on the road and they're home game is in London, England??? And why tf are they even playing American Football in Europe? It's not helping the fan base, like at all.

I hear ya man. They already had a failed attempt with that, so it doesn't make sense to me. As a player though, seems like an experience, but I would want it paired with a bye week before or after so I could have some fun with the family.

RG hasn't helped, nor has the increased exposure that comes with the internet, or even player attitudes and / or team hopping. It is basically only a business now. I can't stand the holdouts, players bouncing around tge league, etc.

I know it's unrealistic nowadays, but as a fan I'm a fan of this and that team. It's hard for me to stomach that the players aren't anything more than just there for a paycheck and the owners only care about performance. Guys that used to retire on their team are routinely dismissed at the tail end of their career to try and get a few more years elsewhere.

No fun league.

I hear ya man. They already had a failed attempt with that, so it doesn't make sense to me. As a player though, seems like an experience, but I would want it paired with a bye week before or after so I could have some fun with the family.

RG hasn't helped, nor has the increased exposure that comes with the internet, or even player attitudes and / or team hopping. It is basically only a business now. I can't stand the holdouts, players bouncing around tge league, etc.

I know it's unrealistic nowadays, but as a fan I'm a fan of this and that team. It's hard for me to stomach that the players aren't anything more than just there for a paycheck and the owners only care about performance. Guys that used to retire on their team are routinely dismissed at the tail end of their career to try and get a few more years elsewhere.

No fun league.

Preach!

Advertisement
Back