QB decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ward is the shiny new toy but Howard is an absolute gamer. Anyone that can say they prefer one over the other by a significant margin hasn’t watched a second of Howard tape.
This just isn't true. Howard didn't perform great this year and the reason he is transferring is because K St has a freshman who is electric and taking Howard's spot. Last year your statement may have applied, but Howard wasn't as good this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is certainly an argument that Howard is a better fit in Dawsons offense.

Ward is the better player overall, but not a perfect like I think Howard is.
I happened to catch both of these QBs on TV during some of their best games so my judgement is a little skewed

Howard was super impressive against Texas and I’d take that kid all day long and be happy about it

But still Ward to me is the more dynamic playmaker, something we’ve lacked for way too long and given the choice I take him for sure

Both guys seemed to elevate the team around them rather than what we saw with us last year here at Miami

All that blood is somewhere else.
200.gif

Advertisement
Why? Bc he looks like Clayton Tune? What does Howard do that Ward can’t?

Ward is a better thrower and just as mobile. If you want to get a yard on a sneak, fine that’s Howard.
Howard gives you more options in the physical run game between the tackles. He was basically unstoppable in the red zone at KSU which we struggled with a bit. I would be perfectly happy with either or…I’m not disagreeing with you…my point is I understand why there is internal debate.

Plus they could view Howard as a better culture fit. Not saying I do, because I don’t know them, but this isn’t madden. We saw what happened last year with TVd when you try to fit a triangle into a square

I happened to catch both of these QBs on TV during some of their best games so my judgement is a little skewed

Howard was super impressive against Texas and I’d take that kid all day long and be happy about it

But still Ward to me is the more dynamic playmaker, something we’ve lacked for way too long and given the choice I take him for sure

Both guys seemed to elevate the team around them rather than what we saw with us last year here at Miami
Agreed. Ward ceiling at Miami is much higher than Howard, but his floor is much lower.

Advertisement
Oh, I forgot something

@joshvalencia1996 is one of the realest people I know. He doesn't give a **** about clout, he speaks his mind and thats it.

We've disagreed in the past over a ****load of things, because we both speak our mind. And if he comes in here, guns blazing, puts his nuts on the table and goes "I got info for y'all", he is doing it because he means it.
Info or nuts on the table?

Advertisement
Do you know why Mario is the coach here and not any of the previous guys? Bc they couldn’t land good enough players and their evals sucked.
Is an evaluation on tape and merit an exact science? This happens in every league and in every sport. It’s good to have dissenting opinions in the room, collaborate and remain flexible until the deal is done. That’s business 101.
They also have things called combines for these exact purposes.
The other scenario is that they did love Howard but Cam was always their #1. So they floated this rumor to keep good will with Howard and put other coaches on notice that he’s the real deal. Another standard practice.

Last edited:
Where are the pics of Howard at Prime 112? Heard he had subway with Dawson for lunch. Any pics of Howard with Rick Ross? Any pics of Howard with Marley and players? Smh at there being a choice having to be made by the coaches.
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back