QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
How long does an NFL full field evaluation usually take? (Apologies in advance for not using google)

Update: I googled it. Looks like you’re referring to the combine which ends march 6th. If so that would be risky and borderline negligent to not be looking at alternative QB’s.
While I am not sure on specific timelines, when I say "full field" I am referencing the Wards taking a complete look. My guess is that the Wards are looking at a few things: 2024 Draft Projection, 2025 Draft Projection, College opportunities and potentially college coaching staffs/teams.

Things like:
- Miami's OL vs. FSU's HC vs. Licoln Riley going to the NFL vs. a new OC in OSU.
- Who is ranked ahead of him in the 2024 Draft vs. NFL team needs? ---
- And then looking ahead of where he projects in the 2025 Draft --- last I saw he was the 6th QB behind Milroe and ahead of TVD
- Flipping back to 2024 -- Ewers is #6, McCarthy #7 and Pratt #8

I don't find it unreasonable for the Wards to weigh whether next year's QBs are just as competitive draft wise as this years, and calculating that against the current NFL QB needs across the teams.

Advertisement

Maybe he’s trolling Ward.
fight club i am jacks GIF

How long does an NFL full field evaluation usually take? (Apologies in advance for not using google)

Update: I googled it. Looks like you’re referring to the combine which ends march 6th. If so that would be risky and borderline negligent to not be looking at alternative QB’s.
Players have to declare by mid January for the nfl draft and not every player gets a combine invite.

Advertisement
8 for 23

emory needs the portal qb so he can develop...... if we throw emory or brown as the starter next year we are conceding it's a lost season. the portal qb allows development of all our qbs.
I agree with your first point, Emory needs competition, but I want that competition to be in the form of learning to run the ball. Emory has the heart, size and ability to be a very good QB. Why do you think Emory cannot be the QB1 and get it done?

Based on what? He doesn't have the arm talent Ward has. Full stop.

So again, based on what? It **** sure wasn't his his school film. It wasn't recruiting rankings. Was it because he started in the Clemson win? @Lance Roffers even told ya'll in his breakdown that he didn't play well. Is it because dmoney sunshine pumped him? When has that ever backfired?

Not every kid they recruit is expected to be a multi year starter. Just because "the coaches like him" doesn't mean he's ultra talented. And believe it or not, that's ok. Some guys have a lot of value as backups. But if in the future we're starting Emory for multiple games in a row, someone else probably got hurt.
psh GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just got off a landline with Mehl Kyper and he currently has KJ Jefferson as a 3rd rounder in the NFL Draft.

We need to make Tathan Rodemaker an offer he can't refuse before we get caught holding our d!cks in our hands (outside of when it's appropriate during Mat Drillz).

i I don't think Mario is the type to outwardly show desperation on the recruiting / talent acquisition side. Where I think fans say or feel there is desperation is related to the need at the position, the .500 record on the field, the reputation of being a QB killer and/or weak offensively. That may simply be desperation of fans wanting to win -- but you'll have that with the record, that record being blamed on the QB and hearing we are a QB away, and then insiders saying it is done, then not done, then mysterious...

Cam's camp has earned the ability to make decisions on their timeline -- the ultimate goal is the NFL... so with that in mind, if they are waiting for a full field evaluation, that is likely wise on their end.
@Angry Ibis Looks like I may have been mistaking Mario “not showing desperation” for the dead period.

In the words of the great Doc Holiday: I stand corrected Wyatt…
Kurt Russell Smoking GIF by GritTV
Animated GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back