QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
@Angry Ibis. I think if nothing is announced by thurs we are looking at after New Years, which in my pov points in the direction of ward waiting on other executives (whether NFL or USC/Taint) to get back from Vacay and get involved. If that’s the case the we may be getting played on some level especially if the reason we were to miss on someone like Howard is due to waiting on Cam. I’m not around the program like that, but it doesn’t appear to be desperation vibes coming from Mario at all which gives me hope. On the other hand, The twitter storm thing was a bit suspect. I’m currently 50/50 right now. If nothing happens by Friday then I'm going full mope mode (about the QB situation).
I don't think Mario is the type to outwardly show desperation on the recruiting / talent acquisition side. Where I think fans say or feel there is desperation is related to the need at the position, the .500 record on the field, the reputation of being a QB killer and/or weak offensively. That may simply be desperation of fans wanting to win -- but you'll have that with the record, that record being blamed on the QB and hearing we are a QB away, and then insiders saying it is done, then not done, then mysterious...

Cam's camp has earned the ability to make decisions on their timeline -- the ultimate goal is the NFL... so with that in mind, if they are waiting for a full field evaluation, that is likely wise on their end.

Advertisement

200 (1).gif

Y'all better not sleep on Emory! (6-5 220lbs). I think he is a baller and I would be happy with him as our starter next year. I know the starts are limited but have liked what I have seen. Ward is drama case. Howard is prolly going somewhere other than UM. KJ, who knows. I am a big fan of Emory and feel there is no reason he cannot get the job done. Why y'all want a shiny new piece? I would love to get KJ and let him and Emory battle it out. If we get Ward or Howard, I think it COULD be a bonus, but I think Emory beats both they asses out. Just my option. I would take a QB room on Emory, KJ and JB any day. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:
Thoughts on Emory, why can he not be QB1?
Heading Out Goodbye GIF by The Steve Wilkos Show

Advertisement
I don't think Mario is the type to outwardly show desperation on the recruiting / talent acquisition side. Where I think fans say or feel there is desperation is related to the need at the position, the .500 record on the field, the reputation of being a QB killer and/or weak offensively. That may simply be desperation of fans wanting to win -- but you'll have that with the record, that record being blamed on the QB and hearing we are a QB away, and then insiders saying it is done, then not done, then mysterious...

Cam's camp has earned the ability to make decisions on their timeline -- the ultimate goal is the NFL... so with that in mind, if they are waiting for a full field evaluation, that is likely wise on their end.
How long does an NFL full field evaluation usually take? (Apologies in advance for not using google)

Update: I googled it. Looks like you’re referring to the combine which ends march 6th. If so that would be risky and borderline negligent to not be looking at alternative QB’s.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back