QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And clearly Tad was responsible for all of our football success?

Tad got lucky with his timing. Donna was unlucky with her timing.

But they were both good UM

Y'all better not sleep on Emory! (6-5 220lbs). I think he is a baller and I would be happy with him as our starter next year. I know the starts are limited but have liked what I have seen. Ward is drama case. Howard is prolly going somewhere other than UM. KJ, who knows. I am a big fan of Emory and feel there is no reason he cannot get the job done. Why y'all want a shiny new piece? I would love to get KJ and let him and Emory battle it out. If we get Ward or Howard, I think it COULD be a bonus, but I think Emory beats both they asses out. Just my option. I would take a QB room on Emory, KJ and JB any day. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:
Thoughts on Emory, why can he not be QB1?
We know this, Emory has intangibles that can’t be taught. Additionally, he has won over his teammates. Tells me he has earned respect, you don’t just do that…physically he has tools, very young and needs development.

Advertisement
This thing taking longer to get done than The Geneva Convention. Last I heard, Cam wanted to take some time, go fishing, and think it over. Them fish must be bitin like a mo-fo!

Yank Big Fish GIF by SA Company

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can we possibly have an update by end of day today regarding the QB transfer portal situation with Miami? Either Cribby, DMoney or someone? @Cribby
@DMoney
The question is how serious is he about the NFL? I’ve always viewed it as a negotiation ploy but maybe he’s in fact thinking of taking the jump. There’s somebody in his camp pushing the nfl hard. Imo It would be idiotic with his NIL money on the table here and his uncertainty in the draft. Nobody expected the NFL to be a legit option.

The question is how serious is he about the NFL? I’ve always viewed it as a negotiation ploy but maybe he’s in fact thinking of taking the jump. There’s somebody in his camp pushing the nfl hard. Imo It would be idiotic with his NIL money on the table here and his uncertainty in the draft. Nobody expected the NFL to be a legit option.
Could it be we're being negative recruited and the fear is that a TVD like year could drop his stock so they're potentially a bit timid to jump aboard?

Only thing I think some people might push is that the #3 QB option isn't as clear as it used to be. I think a ton of people, early in the CFB season, were assuming the first round could potentially be loaded with QBs drafted with Caleb, Drake, Penix, Nix, etc.

But as time goes on, people start picking these guys apart and the Penix (injury history) and Nix (just not a good enough passer) as potential top 15 picks becomes more far less likely. So you have Jayden Daniels skyrocket up boards and people looking for that next potential high ceiling QB that may have some flaws but is worth the shot.

As they say, all it takes is one time to fall in love with a guy. Either way, totally agreed would be idiotic to declare now.

Advertisement

**** this has been my assumption reading the tea leaves. Seems he’s looking or someone is looking for a positive update on his status should be enter the draft. That would be a huge mistake.

So if he goes pro...we got a backup option???

Advertisement
Could it be we're being negative recruited and the fear is that a TVD like year could drop his stock so they're potentially a bit timid to jump aboard?
Imo it’s been Miami vs the NFL. The Nil side was VERY confident and some players thought he was coming from what they were told on the visit. He wanted to take visits and enjoy the process since he‘s never been a wanted , high level recruit but the NFL stuff was a bit of a surprise. Like I said I viewed it as a ploy to work against UM , to squeeze a tad more leverage out of this but maybe it’s a legit threat. I‘d still be shocked if he chose the league. He can play well here while making bank and shoot up boards for the draft in a 25 draft that won’t be as deep.

Im guessing its Dad pushing the NFL agenda, he seems like a helicopter parent who would do that. It also lines up with him delaying everything and saying we work on our own timeline and if one door closes thats ok we understand, another will open. In this case, the college door closes due to their unrealistic timeline and he gets his wish by default, the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back