QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ask?

What if @Cribby cryptic post, cross Miami off the list needing QB, means Dawson rolling with current QB room??
you’re like the drunk driver of cis man, all over the place

Swerve Car Chase GIF by Cantrell

Advertisement
I agree. The declaring for the draft stuff is just an attempt to raise his bidding price. It doesn’t make sense from a financial or career standpoint
Be a late round pick and hope to make a practice squad roster, or play in college for 7 figures and try to raise your stock against a weaker QB class. Doesn’t seem like a tough choice.

Advertisement
When I talked to @Cribby last week I shared with him my concern on Miami's strategy. I was even concerned about the NFL decision because that is ALWAYS a real possibility. All you need is ONE team to fall in love with you.

For example:

Last year the Lions picked a LB in the FIRST ROUND as the 18th overall pick.

Draft projections had him at:

But the Lions saw #18 overall.

Now you get a dude with Can Ward's tools and upside. Potential superstardom, #2 QB in the portal.

What if ONE team sees a top 5 QB? You could say nahh there are 6-7 QBs better in a stacked QB class.

But all you need is ONE team to backchannel and say you are my dude... if you are there in rd 3 we get you.

Imagine a dude with that upside for cheap. Low risk high reward for ANY team.

Again I hope he comes, and gun to my head I think we win out in the end. But the risk of losing Ward with the NFL involved was always a real one at least to ME .

Last edited:
Advertisement
When I talked to @Cribby last week I shared with him my concern on Miami's strategy. I was even concerned about the NFL decision because that is ALWAYS a real possibility. All you need is ONE team to fall in love with you.

For example:

Last year the Lions picked a LB in the FIRST ROUND as the 18th overall pick.

Draft projections had him at:

But the Lions saw #18 overall.

Now you get a dude with Can Ward's tools and upside. Potential superstardom, #2 QB in the portal.

What if ONE team sees a top 5 QB? You could say nahh there are 6-7 teams better in. a stacked QB class.

But all you need is ONE team to backchannel and say you are my dude... if you are there in rd 3 we get you.

Imagine a dude with that upside for cheap. Low risk high reward for ANY team.

Again I hope he comes, and gun to my head I think we win out in the end. But the risk of losing Ward with the NFL involved was always a real one at least to ME .
Early on, the NFL option was hardly mentioned. The first time I saw it was when Ward SR mentioned it. That threw a completely different perspective on everything.

So two are going in the second round. He'd be after them at best. Is it worth it to walk away from a year of huge NIL money? I'd bet it isn't.

Here's the rest of the top 12.

View attachment 272952
Third rounders get a signing bonus of 1-1.25 million and earn about a million in salary per year for the rookie contract. So about the same as the alleged 2 million nil deals available.

Only reason to do another year of college is really if you think you can improve your prospects for the next draft.

Advertisement
Call me crazy, but I still think it’s worth it to wait for Ward. And I’ve said that in the beginning too

The upside he brings both on the field and off the field momentum wise is just too great too pass up. If he doesn’t come, so be it. But at least they offered a **** ton and went all in on the best QB in the portal

Advertisement
Better start back-channeling. Or throw a bag at DJ Lagway. Seriously, who are you reaching out to? I thought Duke's backup QB was impressive (assuming they're after Murphy, do you bring him or one like him in to compete?). Re-allocate and go BIG on Wednesday? What are they doing in the Hect this afternoon? 'Zo and co. have an answer?

For now, saying things have objectively gone south is quite the stretch. Let's wait on the announcement. I don't really buy the thought that if Ward commits we would have a better chance at Smith or anyone for that matter. These package deals hardly ever actually work out that way.
I mean they had a plan and timeline for when they wanted it done and thought it would be done. That plan failed, objectively. So what’s happening now is a function of what they wanted and thought would happen, not coming to fruition. Guys like carptenter, portal WRs, etc. would absolutely be very interested in who the QB will be for their “money” year.

Third rounders get a signing bonus of 1-1.25 million and earn about a million in salary per year for the rookie contract. So about the same as the alleged 2 million nil deals available.

Only reason to do another year of college is really if you think you can improve your prospects for the next draft.
And delay that contract by a year, collecting an equivalent amount in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back