QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean they had a plan and timeline for when they wanted it done and thought it would be done. That plan failed, objectively. So what’s happening now is a function of what they wanted and thought would happen, not coming to fruition. Guys like carptenter, portal WRs, etc. would absolutely be very interested in who the QB will be for their “money” year.
If they get Ward at any point the plan did not fail.

Advertisement
The GM that does that should put his house on the market the next morning. He won’t be employed in that city for much longer.
Off arm talent and potential I think it’s Caleb, maye and Penix, with ewers and ward as guys that can probably go day 2. I’m not sure I believe that guys like nix, McCartney and Daniels are nfl QBs

Off arm talent and potential I think it’s Caleb, maye and Penix, with ewers and ward as guys that can probably go day 2. I’m not sure I believe that guys like nix, McCartney and Daniels are nfl QBs
Who the **** is McCartney

Who the **** is McCartney
Dance Party GIF by Paul McCartney

Advertisement
I don't think Riley is in any danger of being fired as USC if they have another down year. I do however, think that Riley wants to prove people wrong who say that he's overrated as a coach.
Different scenario as the entire athletic department was a mess when Helton was around.

USC's recruiting class is ranked in the 20's right now -- whatever he's selling isn't creating enough juice on the trail because 5 stars aren't exactly lining up to play for him and he's nowhere near the salesman Mario is. He get recruits with wins and Hiesman trophy winners putting up big numbers.

Riley might not be fired after this year but if USC doesn't preform on the field the boosters and NIL donors are going to pull back and let Riley fail.

That Is just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
I mean…… I guess, yes, the end result of that would be relief and exuberance. Doesn’t mean there wasn’t some major risks with the plan……… you know what…. Let me stop.

This is all boring now. Let’s all just sit back and wait and see. In Mario we trust! The recruiting is wonderful so far and we should definitely be a team of great success next year.

Advertisement
That’s not the point. That’s like you propose to a girl and she says no, marries some other dude, gets divorced, and you end up with her 15 years later, that your original plan to propose didn’t fail. They had a plan to get it done in 4-5 days. The original plan clearly failed. Whether or not they’re able to make a new plan and still get Ward remains to be seen.

Not saying the end result will be the same, but this whole schtick reminds me of the Cormani debacle when people were trying to justify until the 11th hour that he was still “in” with Miami and we had so much hope when things had so clearly went south.

That’s not the point. That’s like you propose to a girl and she says no, marries some other dude, gets divorced, and you end up with her 15 years later, that your original plan to propose didn’t fail. They had a plan to get it done in 4-5 days. The original plan clearly failed. Whether or not they’re able to make a new plan and still get Ward remains to be seen.
I'm sitting at my computer in dumbfounded shock at that comparison.

Advertisement
Not saying the end result will be the same, but this whole schtick reminds me of the Cormani debacle when people were trying to justify until the 11th hour that he was still “in” with Miami and we had so much hope when things had so clearly went south.
I was one of the ones pounding the drum that Cormani not signing was a disaster. This is different in so many ways. Any deadline set by UM is irrelevant compared to National Signing Day. There is zero evidence yet that Ward is spurning us other than our own eagerness for a decision.

And it's not like Ward was ever a commit and then backed out. We got our own hopes up by reports and timelines that didn't really matter in the end.

Now if Ward does decide Miami isn't the spot, well it's an even bigger disaster.

Sounds like you have a story to share with us? Maybe? 😂😂

Advertisement
Sure, but now you're banging a 15 year older woman who's probably a bit frumpier and bitter towards men because of her divorce. Is that really a success?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back