QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Its Time Vegas GIF by BPONGofficial

Advertisement
I know nothing, but here is my guess we will find out about everything by Wednesday. I am not too worried. We still have Jacurri, dont we?
A peanut butter and jelly (PB&J) sandwich is a popular and classic type of sandwich that consists of three main ingredients: bread, peanut butter, and jelly (or jam). The sandwich is typically made by spreading peanut butter on one slice of bread and jelly or jam on another, then pressing the two slices together to form a sandwich.

All that can be taken from the situation is that the staff wanted it locked down in 4-5 days and that clearly didn’t happen. They expected an announcement and that didn’t happen. If Ward was all in on coming to Miami it would be in his best interest to get on board so that others would want to join him and built best team possible for next year. No idea where we stand now but things have objectively gone south from what Mario & Co thought/expected going into this.

I watched Flo's show yesterday as well. His rationale is teams in the NFL draft reach for players all the time if Cam has a great combine it could boost his draft stock to the 3rd round.

1-4 QB's will come off the board in the 1st. After the 5th QB comes off there is a real argument Cam Ward is better than any of the others even if he isn't theres a chance a team will reach.

Advertisement
All that can be taken from the situation is that the staff wanted it locked down in 4-5 days and that clearly didn’t happen. They expected an announcement and that didn’t happen. If Ward was all in on coming to Miami it would be in his best interest to get on board so that others would want to join him and built best team possible for next year. No idea where we stand now but things have objectively gone south from what Mario & Co thought/expected going into this.
For now, saying things have objectively gone south is quite the stretch. Let's wait on the announcement. I don't really buy the thought that if Ward commits we would have a better chance at Smith or anyone for that matter. These package deals hardly ever actually work out that way.

Advertisement
3 of those qbs are going 1st round and QB is a positon were teams take chances on so draft could be smart
So two are going in the second round. He'd be after them at best. Is it worth it to walk away from a year of huge NIL money? I'd bet it isn't.

Here's the rest of the top 12.

1702920488770.png

Advertisement
Are you assuming or basing that on inside information?

Howard’s being courted by Lincoln Riley who is about to have his third QB drafted first overall.
I know. Not assuming. If Miami wanted Howard like they want Ward that visit to USC doesnt happen.

They zeroed in on Ward and decided to wait for his decision which was the opposite of what their initial plan was.

Initial plan: We have two A. options whichever commits first.

I can tell you that from conversations I've had AND with details that have been shown to me, the NIL was not the same for these two.

We put all our eggs in one basket . I hope it works out in the end.

Shoulda just pulled in Howard, who by all accounts actually really wanted to be here and is a great leader. At this point it feels like even if Ward does come, its only because of the money. We apparently put a very solid offer out there, he has history with some coaches, he came on an official visit etc and just couldnt pull the trigger. At that point, you move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back