QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
With Howard likely off to USC, that deadline basically means nothing anymore. At this point Cam has us by the balls, there is no more deadline IMO.

why not? If you have given the deadline then you have to follow through otherwise you will not be taken seriously in future negotiations. Now, what could happen is that if they are still undecided, we move on with plan c, d, etc. but if he has a change of heart in a few days and you still have not secured anyone, you can still take the call.

I gotta get a pump in
nervous stan marsh GIF by South Park

All of us.

He is ranked as the 202nd prospect which is a high 6th round pick. QBs do sometimes get selected a little higher but it would be very unintelligent to turn down a guaranteed 2 million to maybe be selected in the 5th round and get a guaranteed 250-500K contact.
It’s a fairly crowded field at QB for the draft right now. You’ve got Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, Michael Penix, Bo Nix, Michael Pratt, Spencer Rattler already.

It doesn’t make sense to turn down $2 million+ to be a 3rd day pick and possibly only make a few hundreds
Don’t lose sight that he won’t be playing next year in the NFL. He would be a back up at best.

Advertisement
I feel good about Ward. If that doesn’t work out (which I think will be a “I want NFL now” decision Vs not Miami), there’s a lot of money available for QB. I think it will get figured out.

Yall got a lot of strong opinions for having no clue what’s happening

Keep it up
Or maybe it’s strong opinions based on other’s alleged strong opinions…

Next 48 hours on CIS are going to be etched in the wall of fame, and hopefully it’s because of a Top 5 class + Ward…

Emphasis on Ward.

Advertisement
Or maybe it’s strong opinions based on other’s alleged strong opinions…

Next 48 hours on CIS are going to be etched in the wall of fame, and hopefully it’s because of a Top 5 class + Ward…

Emphasis on Ward.
It’ll be even more fun when we do land Ward and then the entire fan base turns on him after a few turnovers

Advertisement
Mean kid doesn’t really see the value in playing for Miami. He thinks being a 7th rounder is a better option. Yikes
Actually, he doesn’t. Pretty sure his dad and his team are pretty smart so to me if and only if he decides to do the draft it’s because he is getting feedback that he is a day to pick not an undrafted free agent or 7th round like Mr. Aziz indicated.

Doesn’t mean I like it more but that’s not a stupid family. They are weighing the potential of a Miami deal plus improvement in next year’s draft versus what they would get this year by being a draft pick in a certain round.

I don’t know why it’s turned into this show.

If I did, I wouldn’t be worried about it.

This year, I’ve been told that:

+ We had Scott and Stewart in the bag in the summer.
+ That with a good enough season (10-wins), Ellis was Miami’s to lose.
+ Dawson was going to bounce right after the season was over.
+ Jacurri Brown was leaving at the end of the season (portal)
+ Zion Nelson would leave after the spring last season.
+ Citizen would get snaps against BC and in the bowl game.

Almost all of them are wrong. I’ve made it a point to stop posting because I was being fed what essentially was propaganda.
to your credit we didnt get close
to the 10 win mark. Ellis was in play at one point .

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back