Proof and specifics of our improvement

Is this a 1st on this board? Posting a thread about progress and pointing to moral victory metrics of a team that wins 6 or 7 games. I can’t recall seeing anything like this for golden, richt, or Diaz.
Didn’t happen with Diaz.

Rick won 9 and 10 games in years 1-2

Golden incrementally improved in wins at first (6-7-9) so they didn’t have to resort to moral victories.

Advertisement
Didn’t happen with Diaz.

Rick won 9 and 10 games in years 1-2

Golden incrementally improved in wins at first (6-7-9) so they didn’t have to resort to moral victories.
Miami fans are now sjws. Its ******* amazing.

We used to talk ****!!!! Now we got fans starting threads about the improvement from last year to this year. WE ARE 10TH IN THE ACC AGAIN.

Listening to people rationalize this **** makes my balls hurt.

Completely correct, on every point.

Dumb penalties were bad. The INTs were bad. The failure to spot WRs running wide open was bad.

You fix three those three on-field things and you win every game in 2023.

Agreed on the ongoing culture/discipline improvement. Getting there, not all the way there yet.
I love you, brother. I can agree with this.

Mario as a game day coach, specifically that GT loss has really hurt this team, despite being competitive despite that outcome.

He has areas on the team to improve. The OC has to massively improve this off-season. Not all on him as the QB play was putrid but he can do better. A lot of what he says and talks about in terms of being successful ask a lot of players to be pin point spot on in terms of making perfect passes, always running perfect routes, etc.

He needs to scheme players like Brashard Smith wayyyy better. Same for the tight ends.

I do see a massive improvement in terms of competitiveness and talented players in many spots.

But Mario is paid to win games. And two of those victories in overtime, that style of play and success is not sustainable. Imagine losing those two games?

I am expecting a massive jump next year. It has to happen. This can’t be a 6 year rebuild. None of us should accept that.

We are an improved team over last year. Actually, we’re better than our record would indicate. That being said, we are still, and will remain next year a team capable of 6-9 wins, depending. I’m going 8-4.

Advertisement
I don't care if the self-loathing Miami haters want to complain about only six wins this year, against five wins last year.

I collated all our 2022 and 2023 games from largest victory to worst defeat, and I put them side-by-side.

Here it is.

1. More wins
2. More wins at home
3. No blowouts by more than 2 TDs in 2023 (like, NONE)
4. More competitive games against ranked teams
5. 11 point swing in average margin across all games

View attachment 267164
I see improvement but then you look at 1st year Louisville coach and their talent you have to wonder. I'd like to see Mario hire an assistant head coach with experience to shadow him during games and give him options. Everyone has to be in and that's everyone. Once we get past the hump and win 10, its going to be another long run of very good teams. It's coming. Where will some of you go complain?

So based on this “improvement” where do you expect we improve to next year as far as wins and losses?
brad pitt gywneth paltrow GIF

Old School Animation GIF by Ben Tuber

Season 4 Monica GIF by Friends

I don't care if the self-loathing Miami haters want to complain about only six wins this year, against five wins last year.

I collated all our 2022 and 2023 games from largest victory to worst defeat, and I put them side-by-side.

Here it is.

1. More wins
2. More wins at home
3. No blowouts by more than 2 TDs in 2023 (like, NONE)
4. More competitive games against ranked teams
5. 11 point swing in average margin across all games

View attachment 267164

Homer Simpson GIF

disappointed all time low GIF

Beat Florida 9 wins next year. If they make a bigger jump than this year they can beat at minimum 1 out of the 3 losses I had FSU, NC and Louisville. Win 10 and Florida and FSU are 2 of the W's....the roll begins

Advertisement
Where I’ve seen improvement this season, is overall toughness and don’t quit mentality. Hopefully, this pays off. 🙏🏼🙏🏼

The players improved. The D coaching improved. O ended up being a wash incredibly outside of a single outlier game, and game management did not improve whatsoever and arguably got worse with the GT debacle.

Advertisement
Some people I simply wish would climb to the top of the nearest sky scraper. Shoot themselves in the face & jump. When they hit the ground and splatter they should morph like slimer to in front of moving traffic and get ran over repeatedly...

These ****** people really make me hate a group of individuals. But but but. **** off. Losers in their lives but so judgemental on a ***** *** message board. **** outta here.

I like what you post most of the time, but I've gotta call you on one thing.

You say so judgemental on a message board, losers in life, but then you turn around and judge people based on their posting? They could be whatever, but they're dissatisfied with things aren't you?

Post season, you said last season needed to happen. This was the follow up? I believe you also talked a big game on the recruiting front, but maybe I'm wrong. That hasn't come to fruition this year.

It's all good though, I'm not mad, it is what it is. The Mario exoirement isn't off to a good start, that's okay to admit. It was backwards and now it's baby steps. Kind of crazy we need to win this upcoming game to get to the win total of the guy we fired. Nobody really expected that, wouldn't you agree?

Lmfao!!!!

You are arguing we are better.

I then said yes we are better in the same way ******* a 250 pound chick is better than 300.

Do you see yet????

Your argument is the same as the guy getting the 250 over the full 300. Its better but it still sucks. Youre still gonna need flour to hit the wet spot.
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

I think next year is going to be very difficult and too many people are not looking at some variables. We are going to lose players to the draft and others who just can't stomach how Mario plays games to lose. Again there will be major turnovers. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of baloney Mario is telling Canes fans he has to change the culture. He's been a complete disaster with stupid 15 yard personal fouls, timeouts, playing to lose, ******** up the QB siuation, hiring the wrong coordinators, and losing out on every Defensive Tackle even tough he made that a priority. He is going to have a tough time to salvage the 2024 recruiting class too. This program is upside down again whether you accept it or not. The only way to turn this around he has to sign 2 stud QB's, keeps his paws off the offense, and most importantly hire a coaching assistant to make ALL game day decisions. My opinion is he won't do any of those things. I think Mario is Jimbo Fisher II.

Advertisement
Anyone who says we didnt improve is really dumb. Anyone who says this season was good enough is also dumb.

If we get a competent QB in the portal we have a 10 win team next year. The talent aquisition is undeniable.

Mario needs to work on culture/discipline (bad penalties) and game management. We are headed in the right direction
Hang it in the Louvre.

I like what you post most of the time, but I've gotta call you on one thing.

You say so judgemental on a message board, losers in life, but then you turn around and judge people based on their posting? They could be whatever, but they're dissatisfied with things aren't you?

Post season, you said last season needed to happen. This was the follow up? I believe you also talked a big game on the recruiting front, but maybe I'm wrong. That hasn't come to fruition this year.

It's all good though, I'm not mad, it is what it is. The Mario exoirement isn't off to a good start, that's okay to admit. It was backwards and now it's baby steps. Kind of crazy we need to win this upcoming game to get to the win total of the guy we fired. Nobody really expected that, wouldn't you agree?
This is always the problem though. No interpretation needed. I speak my mind. It's there things I'm disappointed about? **** yes there is. **** yes I'm disappointed about plenty. BUT I'm also not some *** clown who sees NOTHING BUT THE RECORD & AS A RESULT SAYS **** MARIO... Anyone being honest and objective with themselves sees the difference from last year to this year. Sees the issues of the previous regimes and maybe understood a piece of the bigger picture. Far more goes on then wins and losses and no matter how corny people wanna make it there is a difference about how a team comes together and conducts itself... **** tons of moving pieces. All these ****** people do is whine like lil nag ******* about nothing but things wrong. Yet don't waste one solitary breath to point out some positives. Is what it is. I get having standards and not being so happy about the lil things or whatever. I just hope those same people have those same standards with themselves. I'll leave it at that. You guys at the end of the day are fans. I love y'all for it. Especially any fans that have been through these last 18 years or so. But you guys have no more tie in those cases to us then a person does to any other basic thing. Me, I take this personal. The good or the bad this is my family. And at times it really annoys me when all people do is take shots at us and add fuel to the fire. Especially when they know EXACTLY what they're doing and they just want some attention. That ***** lame and I just wish THOSE PEOPLE would clear it. Since ***** so bad, just kick rocks. They don't need us and we don't need them. Go be happy and merry as fspoo fans since those same people spend so much time tugging their ****s anyhow. It's hysterical how PLENTY of people on here spent months talking about how poo was gonna make us look like **** cause of this and that etc. yet now that the games over they can't just say MAYBE I WAS BEING A LIL DRAMATIC... a loss is a loss indeed it is. Context is a part of life though.

Advertisement
Back