Proof and specifics of our improvement

Advertisement
This is always the problem though. No interpretation needed. I speak my mind. It's there things I'm disappointed about? **** yes there is. **** yes I'm disappointed about plenty. BUT I'm also not some *** clown who sees NOTHING BUT THE RECORD & AS A RESULT SAYS **** MARIO... Anyone being honest and objective with themselves sees the difference from last year to this year. Sees the issues of the previous regimes and maybe understood a piece of the bigger picture. Far more goes on then wins and losses and no matter how corny people wanna make it there is a difference about how a team comes together and conducts itself... **** tons of moving pieces. All these ****** people do is whine like lil nag ******* about nothing but things wrong. Yet don't waste one solitary breath to point out some positives. Is what it is. I get having standards and not being so happy about the lil things or whatever. I just hope those same people have those same standards with themselves. I'll leave it at that. You guys at the end of the day are fans. I love y'all for it. Especially any fans that have been through these last 18 years or so. But you guys have no more tie in those cases to us then a person does to any other basic thing. Me, I take this personal. The good or the bad this is my family. And at times it really annoys me when all people do is take shots at us and add fuel to the fire. Especially when they know EXACTLY what they're doing and they just want some attention. That ***** lame and I just wish THOSE PEOPLE would clear it. Since ***** so bad, just kick rocks. They don't need us and we don't need them. Go be happy and merry as fspoo fans since those same people spend so much time tugging their ****s anyhow. It's hysterical how PLENTY of people on here spent months talking about how poo was gonna make us look like **** cause of this and that etc. yet now that the games over they can't just say MAYBE I WAS BEING A LIL DRAMATIC... a loss is a loss indeed it is. Context is a part of life though.
Listen man, I think there have been a lot of things that are positives that weigh in for the future -especially the fact that this team didn’t quit this year like most teams in the past would, let alone all the things are being set up systems -wise, buildings -wise and recruiting.

I would love your take though on Mario and game day and time management as just one aspect of probably where a lot of people are disappointed despite the improvements that you’re talking about and how it’s a step-by-step process - because that just seems to be one thing that people can’t really get a grip on for somebody who’s been playing the game for 40 years. I’m not trolling I’m legitimately asking your take.

Last edited:
Handshake Lil Nas X GIF by 2021 MTV Video Music Awards

I appreciate the optimism and the attempt to shine some light on an otherwise disappointing season that, to me, was well below expectations - especially in light of some games that should've or could have turned out different, baring some stupid coaching and some equally stupid playing.

Sure we can find stuff to argue at a micro level but success in football is measured at the macro level. There's a column for W and L. There is no column for MV.

With next year's schedule and the anticipation that we get **** done in the portal, anything less than 9 wins is a fail. I was gonna say 10 but - baby steps.

Advertisement
Anyone who says we didnt improve is really dumb. Anyone who says this season was good enough is also dumb.

If we get a competent QB in the portal we have a 10 win team next year. The talent aquisition is undeniable.

Mario needs to work on culture/discipline (bad penalties) and game management. We are headed in the right direction
this ... two thing can be true .. we improved, but we still need to get better ... unfortunately it's not at the pace as some of these guys want based on other schools

Wonder if anyone Mario respects and values has his ear about his coaching miscues. At some point ya gotta think he looks himself in the mirror no? we all know he's stubborn but dude wants to win here.

This is always the problem though. No interpretation needed. I speak my mind. It's there things I'm disappointed about? **** yes there is. **** yes I'm disappointed about plenty. BUT I'm also not some *** clown who sees NOTHING BUT THE RECORD & AS A RESULT SAYS **** MARIO... Anyone being honest and objective with themselves sees the difference from last year to this year. Sees the issues of the previous regimes and maybe understood a piece of the bigger picture. Far more goes on then wins and losses and no matter how corny people wanna make it there is a difference about how a team comes together and conducts itself... **** tons of moving pieces. All these ****** people do is whine like lil nag ******* about nothing but things wrong. Yet don't waste one solitary breath to point out some positives. Is what it is. I get having standards and not being so happy about the lil things or whatever. I just hope those same people have those same standards with themselves. I'll leave it at that. You guys at the end of the day are fans. I love y'all for it. Especially any fans that have been through these last 18 years or so. But you guys have no more tie in those cases to us then a person does to any other basic thing. Me, I take this personal. The good or the bad this is my family. And at times it really annoys me when all people do is take shots at us and add fuel to the fire. Especially when they know EXACTLY what they're doing and they just want some attention. That ***** lame and I just wish THOSE PEOPLE would clear it. Since ***** so bad, just kick rocks. They don't need us and we don't need them. Go be happy and merry as fspoo fans since those same people spend so much time tugging their ****s anyhow. It's hysterical how PLENTY of people on here spent months talking about how poo was gonna make us look like **** cause of this and that etc. yet now that the games over they can't just say MAYBE I WAS BEING A LIL DRAMATIC... a loss is a loss indeed it is. Context is a part of life though.

I'm fine with all of that.

Yes, some are here all day and night gloom and doom. That's not my cup of tea, to be the person doing it, but I get it. I agree with a lot of it too.

Being part of the fam, I completely understand how it's more personal. No explanation needed.

Part of the collegiate family myself, not Miami, but this is who I grew up being a fan of before I even kissed my first girl. It's why I don't clown on a personal level, coaches, recruits, or players. I know what they want and go through, some just give more and have it harder. I certainly say what I'm not a fan of, but there's no hate here.

That FSU game, went better than I expected on paper. You just never know in this rivalry what you'll get. There's been years I was sure we'd win, but we come up short. Years I thought they'd destroy us, but we pulled out the W. It's always a crazy game, them boys were playing on both sides of the ball this year.

As for improvement this year, I just see it on the defensive side. Guidry made a difference and that's good, the offense wasn't winning us games. Yes, the OL was good, but the entirety wasn't whatsoever.

Overall, man I'd be lying if I said I felt good about the season. There's some reasons for things going sideways at times, injuries, bad calls, and so forth, no need to rehash it all. It just wasn't what we thought it would be as fans. I don't play the overall record game, it was close to this many wins since that's countered by we were this close to that many losses.

Recruiting, there's still time. We just expected more, were sold more, and that second thing doesn't even bother me that much. Things happen, probably were in a better place as why lie about that stuff, but situations change. Season happens and we didn't do what we sold.

Again, wasn't coming at you. We've talked a small amount and that's not my thing. Appreciate the more in depth post. Have a great night.

Advertisement
Yes the team has “improved” but that’s not saying much after the abortion that was the 2022 Miami Hurricanes.

I love how everyone is glossing over the real problem. Mario himself. He’s one of the worst game day coaches in America. He’s the reason this team is 6-5. There’s no guarantee he’s gonna get a QB that can bail him and Shannon out, from the portal. The incoming class is mid. Not enough top end talent to overcome his idiocy. There’s no guarantee next years roster will be as talented as this years either. Mario had to fill a ton of holes or rely on unproven young guys. Just be honest with yourself and admit this program is likely 3 years away from winning double digit games.

Listen man, I think there have been a lot of things that are positives that weigh in for the future especially the fact that this team didn’t quit this year like most teams in the past wood let alone all the things are being set up systems, wise, and buildings, wise and recruiting.

I would love your take though on Mario and game day and time management as just one aspect of probably where a lot of people are disappointed despite the improvements that you’re talking about and how it’s a step-by-step process because that just seems to be one thing that people can’t really get a grip on for somebody who’s been playing the game for 40 years. I’m not trolling I’m legitimately asking your take.
Well Mario's biggest thing is he constantly falls back into micro management. He needs to learn FAR more how to let go and trust his hires to do the jobs they were brought here for. 80% of the time he's got that down. But in that other 20% he has a vision in his head and when it doesn't fit EXACTLY on that checklist it's like he has a meltdown at times. Knowing the day to day a lil better than most id certainly say he's gotten noticeably better about it. But in those moments he's got plenty of work to do. It's the ocd side of him that gets lost. I just wish as a fan base we'd all use a lil bit of time not focusing on each and every possible negative and spend some of those moments on actually voicing and acknowledging where we have made HUGE strides... You can as an sensible person, acknowledge a lil bit of both.

Well Mario's biggest thing is he constantly falls back into micro management. He needs to learn FAR more how to let go and trust his hires to do the jobs they were brought here for. 80% of the time he's got that down. But in that other 20% he has a vision in his head and when it doesn't fit EXACTLY on that checklist it's like he has a meltdown at times. Knowing the day to day a lil better than most id certainly say he's gotten noticeably better about it. But in those moments he's got plenty of work to do. It's the ocd side of him that gets lost. I just wish as a fan base we'd all use a lil bit of time not focusing on each and every possible negative and spend some of those moments on actually voicing and acknowledging where we have made HUGE strides... You can as an sensible person, acknowledge a lil bit of both.
oh how i miss the grassy days

I don't care if the self-loathing Miami haters want to complain about only six wins this year, against five wins last year.

I collated all our 2022 and 2023 games from largest victory to worst defeat, and I put them side-by-side.

Here it is.

1. More wins
2. More wins at home
3. No blowouts by more than 2 TDs in 2023 (like, NONE)
4. More competitive games against ranked teams
5. 11 point swing in average margin across all games

View attachment 267164
For what it’s worth now Nc state and Clemson are Top 25 opponents according to the CFP. Clemson likely finishes in the top 20 this year which makes it a solid victory, Miami Ohio will finish with 10 wins and A&M is top 5 in talent acquisition.

Every game has been close (especially the losses) there isn’t a loss where you never felt we had a chance. Rather most of the losses you feel WE let it slip from us.

Louisville
FSU
GT

Those 3 games alone were 1-3 plays away from being wins. Last year our losses were abysmal. Our competitiveness is showing. Now We need to turn the close losses into close wins.

Advertisement
For what it’s worth now Nc state and Clemson are Top 25 opponents according to the CFP. Clemson likely finishes in the top 20 this year which makes it a solid victory, Miami Ohio will finish with 10 wins and A&M is top 5 in talent acquisition.

Every game has been close (especially the losses) there isn’t a loss where you never felt we had a chance. Rather most of the losses you feel WE let it slip from us.

Louisville
FSU
GT

Those 3 games alone were 1-3 plays away from being wins. Last year our losses were abysmal. Our competitiveness is showing. Now We need to turn the close losses into close wins.
**** you! You are not allowed to talk about improvement! Shut it!

It’s weird how some of you act like the “negative posters” want to be the “negative poster.” Nothing could be further from the truth. We would love to be posting positively all day and shouting about all the great things going on with the program but that just isn’t the case.

Mario was billled as a top HC and paid like one too. Yet he’s performing like a first time coach. Objectively, he has improved a few areas mostly OL. On the other, the QB room situation of egregious.

Some of us just choose not to let Mario lower the bar to losing close games, “not giving up,” or “competing until the end” versus actually winning games.

Advertisement
Mario has created "improvement"? Upon what, himself? Well, OK, but I thought the idea was to improve upon Manny Diaz.

Experienced HC Mario has been given the kind of $$$ support for recruiting and coach hiring that 1st time HC Manny could only dream of.

The results?

Manny's last 2 seasons against the ACC? 12-5

Mario's? 5-10

At home vs ACC: Diaz 6-2 Cristobal 2-6

I can't believe some here can try to spin that without the stench of double standards gagging them.

Louisville
FSU
GT

I agree with the vast majority of it. But as I said with them where they assume I'm always focusing on the positives, I'd disagree on WE let them all slip from us. The only game I feel like we flat out didn't show up for which is on Mario is the nc st game. That was pathetic and from jump we looked horrible. My one real concern for this team is (somewhat a reflection of our lack of depth)that we play down to the level of our competition. Do I feel that was largely on Tyler, yup I sure do. One thing Butch always drilled into us is you simply play to a standard. You don't play the team on the other side of the field. You establish repetition so the other side of the field becomes less relevant. We're definitely not there. We are far too undisciplined and that drives me crazy. It's another thing Mario needs to fix. Just tough to do when a kid knows we can't afford to bench him over stupidity.

It’s weird how some of you act like the “negative posters” want to be the “negative poster.” Nothing could be further from the truth. We would love to be posting positively all day and shouting about all the great things going on with the program but that just isn’t the case.

Mario was billled as a top HC and paid like one too. Yet he’s performing like a first time coach. Objectively, he has improved a few areas mostly OL. On the other, the QB room situation of egregious.

Some of us just choose not to let Mario lower the bar to losing close games, “not giving up,” or “competing until the end” versus actually winning games.
Save that nonsense. If they didn't want to be doing EXACTLY what they're doing they certainly don't have to. Instead each and every comment highlights nothing but negativity and antagonizes people who don't feel exactly the same that we have NOTHING to be happy about. Just the same as some people see nothing but positives. Reality is there's plenty of both. So to constantly dwell on the same issues over and over while acknowledging nothing else I'm just gonna call a spade a spade.

Some people I simply wish would climb to the top of the nearest sky scraper. Shoot themselves in the face & jump. When they hit the ground and splatter they should morph like slimer to in front of moving traffic and get ran over repeatedly...

These ****** people really make me hate a group of individuals. But but but. **** off. Losers in their lives but so judgemental on a ***** *** message board. **** outta here.
Misery loves company. Always has, always will. I hope their negativity is confined to just this sliver of their lives... Because IRL it's even more toxic... A positive feedback loop.

Advertisement
Back