Program is done.

I've gotten more joy and excitement as a Canes fan watching the basketball team over the last decade - far beyond anything the football team has provided. The Bball team can be frustrating at times, but I can honestly say I have - to my surprise - looked forward to the Bball season more than the football season. I'm stating the obvious but the football program is in trouble.

Advertisement
Money is a large part of the equation, but it also takes a certain attitude, plain and simple. Texas throws all of the money in the world at their program and they've been equally as garbage. Texas, like us, is run by buffoons.

If our annual athletic budget was $1.00 or $1,000,000,000 our decision makers would still suck deck. It isn’t the money holding us back.

Just accept the reality that Miami will never be back to greatness in our lifetimes unless we overhaul the entire athletic department and board members.

They are truly who has killed Miami and almost impossible to change.
I hate to say it BUT we could lose the next 3 games as well. I've no confidence.

I think Frenk really isn't the issue. If anything, his hands-off approach seems to be perfect.

The issue is the BOT and Blake James. They are the real losers. I mean Blake extended Rick until 2022 or 2023...this is after we have a history of failed coaching extensions. You cannot make this type of incompetence up. The Rick hire itself? Let's not act like that literally didn't fall into his lap. Laranaga? Our athletic department didn't even know who he was and asked for his resume.

There are joke athletic departments, then there is Miami

edit: and just as a side note, the once great and proud Miami baseball program has also died under Blake's watch.
I’ve been pounding Fake Jimmy on here harder than his wife pounds him in the dungeon. He’s worthless and weak.

Rick came out and told the world this is his last job. So what does Fake do? Extends him even though he told everyone he’s not going anywhere.

I don’t think James is trying to be mediocre. It just happened. Richts honeymoon is over. Like any good coach he should start making real changes. Brian Kelly did it at ND. They were 4-8 2 seasons ago and he has had no problem canning DCs and OCs. Dabo went through down years at his beginning at Clemson. Richt has a chance to right the ship and I hope he isn’t blind/stubborn enough to just think this will get better without changing. If he does, then that is his way of telling everyone this is solely on the QB and players.

1. James is trash. He may not try to be trash but he is trash.

2. It is hard to take you seriously after some of your recent porsts. You even still think there is hope in Richtirement.

Advertisement
Just accept the reality that Miami will never be back to greatness in our lifetimes unless we overhaul the entire athletic department and board members.

Real talk.

I found myself crticizing Rosier last night very briefly before just accepting the fact that he’s the last person that should be facing the backlash. They’re just kids. It’s the “adults” that deserve 100% of the criticism, and the continued laziness when it comes to fielding a successful program. At least other programs “try”.

Part of the pain (but also the hope) is we know with our recruiting grounds a good hire changes everything instantly.

It’s like we are so close....but so far. ******* sad man.

Yep, just look at their track record. It the blind leading the blind.

Think Alabama before Saban.
UFag before Urban. They had 1 lousy NC to brag about.
OSU before Tressel. Dead.
USC before Pete Carrol. Ultra dead. They offered 4 coaches before offering Petey.
Clemson before they hired their POSITION coach as the HC.

All we need is the right coach. We have the best backyard in the game.
Problem is UM isn’t looking for that edgy young innovative buck. They want conservative and safe.

There are answers to our offensive woes out there. Guys who could flip this thing in a couple months.

We don’t want to go that route because the people who hire are scared of their image being tarnished by some brash coach who cares too much about something as beneath them as winning football games. They want to win enough to turn a profit; they’re not interested in trying to compete with the big boys.

Advertisement
Real talk.

I found myself crticizing Rosier last night very briefly before just accepting the fact that he’s the last person that should be facing the backlash. They’re just kids. It’s the “adults” that deserve 100% of the criticism, and the continued laziness when it comes to fielding a successful program. At least other programs “try”.

Part of the pain (but also the hope) is we know with our recruiting grounds a good hire changes everything instantly.

It’s like we are so close....but so far. ******* sad man.

This 100%!! It’s not the fault of Rozier or any offensive player. You just look at their faces and they are just lost, hopeless and defeated even on the huddle play after play. Mark Richt and his full offensive staff have failed these kids. The sad part is that the true impact of this disaster would be feeled in the recruiting and offseason. Just wait and see.

This 100%!! It’s not the fault of Rozier or any offensive player. You just look at their faces and they are just lost, hopeless and defeated even on the huddle play after play. Mark Richt and his full offensive staff have failed these kids. The sad part is that the true impact of this disaster would be feeled in the recruiting and offseason. Just wait and see.
There’s zero reason a bigtime recruit would pick us unless it’s for immediate playing time/true love for the program. That’s it. And those guys have already committed.

Our signing day is going to be a disaster, again.

Problem is UM isn’t looking for that edgy young innovative buck. They want conservative and safe.

There are answers to our offensive woes out there. Guys who could flip this thing in a couple months.

We don’t want to go that route because the people who hire are scared of their image being tarnished by some brash coach who cares too much about something as beneath them as winning football games. They want to win enough to turn a profit; they’re not interested in trying to compete with the big boys.

I think the bigger issue is that they simply haven't been able to identify talented coaches that can satisfy their need to be safe - and someone who can win Ships. I just think Blake is out of his depth. It isn't a want to issue IMO. It's a how to issue. He isn't very good at his job. That's our main problem.

We don't have a monumental fix like those other programs. They have never done what we've done historically - and they don't have our backyard. All we need is the right coach. I agree. An OC/QB coach gets this train back on the right track. It wouldn't be the "end-all" hire. But, we would be back in the ACC Ship without a doubt. We wouldn't beat a Bama with that type of fix though. We would need to take a deeper look at other program hurdles. But, we aren't nearly as bad off as the BCs, Wakes, NCSts, UVAs, Cuses...ect. We are an OC away - with Jr. Gone and Richt completely hands off.

Calvin Magee could fix our offense & we would be real contenders for the ACC Ship in 2019. IMO, he's like the Kul of soon to be available coaches. Our AD just needs to make it happen.

This is 100% on Mark Richt. His choices have led us to this place.

Advertisement

Agreed. I could care less if a coach is PC (IMHO, ***** PC). Get someone in here, who is hands on, who will hire coaches that are the same way, then they all can teach/coach/motivate and give zero f's about embarrassing the other team. I think back and look at Schnelly, JJ and Butch as coaching examples.

Ive said it for years now ad nauseum:

it is going to take a Howard level coach to bring it back. an elite elite football man with a burning desire to win and recruit.

When I talk to my boys and clown on Nebraska, Tennessee, USC, Florida State, Florida, Texas...

200.gif

Advertisement
We took the most exciting brand in college football and made it a complete bore to watch. Watching this team play is like watching old people fvck.

i'm seriously debating if I'm watching another game this season, much better things to do with my saturday night then watch that ****

Come springtime, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THESE LIES about how this guy is doing very well and that guy is doing big things....Then in fall we will hear how excellent this guy is and all of the backups are tremendous effort guys. It's all LIES and GAME PLAYING, feeding you everything you want to hear. LIES,LIES and more LIES.

This is so much worse than the past three clowns. Richt is every bit as ****** a coach, but much ****tier a HC, because he insists on not having an OC, and on having his unqualified son occupy a key staff position. If Coker, Shannon or Gluten did that, would people defend them? Why does Pricht get a pass?

Advertisement
Back