Program is done.

McGahee2TheHouse

All-American
Premium
Just accept the reality that Miami will never be back to greatness in our lifetimes unless we overhaul the entire athletic department and board members.

They are truly who has killed Miami and almost impossible to change.

Advertisement
Just accept the reality that Miami will never be back to greatness in our lifetimes unless we overhaul the entire athletic department and board members.

They are truly who has killed Miami and almost impossible to change.

All it takes is to bring in a competent and passionate AD with autonomy.

It is simple in theory but almost impossible for the incompetent and apathetic decision makers.

Party’s over. We’ve officially become a middle of the road ACC program. We are UVA/BC/Duke. That’s why we have such epic slap fights with those garbage programs every time we play them; we ARE them.

I see all of these threads with posters screaming “what can we do? Should we fly banners?”

That’s the problem right there. When the fans care more about winning than the school, you are ****ed. And that has been the reality for decades.

Advertisement
bugs.gif

5th place in the coastal

Last edited:
Advertisement
Party’s over. We’ve officially become a middle of the road ACC program. We are UVA/BC/Duke. That’s why we have such epic slap fights with those garbage programs every time we play them; we ARE them.

No, you are overrating the program! Our losses to UVA/BC/Duke make us a bottom feeder in a middle of the road conference.

Leadership comes from the top meaning the university president. Shalala was a complete and total disaster of epic proportions. Frenk well I don’t even know what or whom he represents.

Times have changed is the reality of the situation. They university cares more about who they offend rather than building a champion.

Just hire someone who bleeds orange and green and who has the ********s to tell Rick like it is. Instead they have a Maine transplant with no testosterone. Do I want Rick gone well I think this is inevitable. However if he does get another year he must overhaul the coaching staff from top to bottom.

Last edited:
We took the most exciting brand in college football and made it a complete bore to watch. Watching this team play is like watching old people fvck.

Advertisement
I think Frenk really isn't the issue. If anything, his hands-off approach seems to be perfect.

The issue is the BOT and Blake James. They are the real losers. I mean Blake extended Rick until 2022 or 2023...this is after we have a history of failed coaching extensions. You cannot make this type of incompetence up. The Rick hire itself? Let's not act like that literally didn't fall into his lap. Laranaga? Our athletic department didn't even know who he was and asked for his resume.

There are joke athletic departments, then there is Miami

edit: and just as a side note, the once great and proud Miami baseball program has also died under Blake's watch.

I hope we fold the program. Better then suffering each week
They are not going to fold the program. If you can not tolerate the suffering you have 2 options. Stop rooting for the Canes and condition yourself to completely divorce yourself from anything having to do with the U. Another option is to begin rooting for another team. Many of you have mentionef coaches that you want to replace Richt. For instance Davis, Kiffin, Cristobal, and numerous others. Choose the coach you admire and the team he coaches and adopt them as your team. Very simple. Problem solved. No suffering because the Canes are what they are, and what they are now could very well be what they will be 20 years from now.

They are not going to fold the program. If you can not tolerate the suffering you have 2 options. Stop rooting for the Canes and condition yourself to completely divorce yourself from anything having to do with the U. Another option is to begin rooting for another team. Many of you have mentionef coaches that you want to replace Richt. For instance Davis, Kiffin, Cristobal, and numerous others. Choose the coach you admire and the team he coaches and adopt them as your team. Very simple. Problem solved. No suffering because the Canes are what they are, and what they are now could very well be what they will be 20 years from now.

Advertisement
You can only overcome so many pitiful HC hires. This is our 4th abysmal HC hire in a row, and unfortunately, it feels like our nail in the coffin.

You can only overcome so many pitiful HC hires. This is our 4th abysmal HC hire in a row, and unfortunately, it feels like our nail in the coffin.
Exactly.

With Rick, it was do or die pretty much. We needed him to come in and stabilize the program for the next hire IF he wasn't going to come in and win a championship. But that hasn't happened. It's been a repeat of the last coaches, with a fluke run sprinkled in (that no one cares about or gives any weight to anymore).

Soon, probably now, we are in too big of a hole to escape.

Keeping CMR does nothing for this program. By year 3 you know what you have.

Why keep CMR? What do we gain from keeping him around another couple of years?

We aren’t even recruiting a QB this cycle.

@Hemsleysalmons

I'm sure I speak for the majority of fans here when I say this: being a Canes fan isn't a choice. It's something innate that's thicker than blood. I can choose not to care about the pro teams I'm a fan of. I can't just turn off my passion for the Canes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back