PractiSe and other crap

Write it down , take a picture , I don't give a fuuuuuuk. If healthy there's no excuse. I'm no mope or pumper, I call it like I see it. I have no problem shredding manny if he deserves it.
Not a reply towards your opinion. I believe the same thing.

Advertisement
First off Tyrique was back at practice , I was under the assumption he was one of the guys held out, his wrist is fine.

Restrepo and Rambo did their normal thing, Rambo is clearly the dude. Also we have three Fr wr who’d start or be in the rotation most years. The staff has no fears if they have to be thrown in.

Don might be closer to be pre injury than anyone thought , dude looked super explosive and had a long touchdown on a wheel route. He is as clearly the best rb yesterday but Cam has been great all fall.

Qb battle is dead even, Tvd is more consistent but Jake brings more explosive plays. As I’ve said this battle will go on for a year.

Ive mentioned Elijah will get burn at De and that hasn’t changed , LT was talked about getting time there In the off season , that’s until he showed up. He is all we expected and a lot more. This is 100% a future first round pick, I can’t stress how athletic and fast he is for that size , his first step is crazy. I’d be shocked if he’s not in two deep and playing crazy snaps. Man child.

Cave was banged up but was coming on very strong , he’s one of the guys I talked about being breakouts this year. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get burn at mike. I told y’all over the summer Keontra was the deal and boy is he. He looks nothing like a guy who has recently changed positions.

Lastly the ol has improved pass blocking and I expect king to have plenty of time to throw but the run blocking still isn’t where it should be. It’s definitely better but the consistent push is lacking. As a whole the unit will be better.

I’ll be posting a thread later talking defense, possible tweaks and expectations.
@Cribby shiuld we be concerned we’re not hearing anything about Harley?

Advertisement
Ich bin immer verwirrt, keine Sorge.
Real Madrid Lol GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have to ask man
lashlee still in love with inside runs? So many times we have a big play and he runs inside zone and kills the momentum

Yo, if I knew a ***** thing about anything I'd be posting the Chapelle skit where the feet were burning....
I heard conversation of a defense thread, not harassing just wanting to make sure I didn't miss it while my feet burn...

Advertisement
There is a misconception by some that the 2001 team had great run blockers on the O-line. Definitely did not. McKinnie for one was not a great run blocker.
But the team passed so well that defenses were forced to keep an extra safety back. And we had some really good backs with vision. So with one less man in the box, all Portis needed (little bit of Gore, Davenport and McGahee), was a crease to hit. Its not like we were running student body right and left.

Same for LSU a few years ago. Joe Burrow and the receivers made the running game, not the other way around. We can have a good running game if we have a great passing game with just adequate run blocking.
I have to disagree that was a run first team that ran into loaded boxes all game long
the pass game was off play action
most of Andre Johnson big plays were against single high safety
They were probably the best run blocking team we have had in 20 years maybe one year when we had freeman besides that no other team came close to run blocking

I have to ask man
lashlee still in love with inside runs? So many times we have a big play and he runs inside zone and kills the momentum
Inside zone is a staple of pretty much every spread offense. It sets up everything from zone read to RPO. You literally have to call that play, regardless of success for the offense to work. Naturally, you’d like them to run it with better consistency but it’s going to get called a lot.

Inside zone is a staple of pretty much every spread offense. It sets up everything from zone read to RPO. You literally have to call that play, regardless of success for the offense to work. Naturally, you’d like them to run it with better consistency but it’s going to get called a lot.
True I guess my issue is more with the timing seems to be such a momentum killer

True I guess my issue is more with the timing seems to be such a momentum killer
It’s frustrating sometimes. There’s a weird balance between trying to go super fast and calling the right play and sometimes I think Lashlee falls into the habit of just calling IZ on first down after a big gain. You want to get your team to the line and run an easy play to catch the defense scrambling but you can’t be so predictable that every first down after a big gain is an automatic IZ call. I’m fascinated by the psychology of running the no-huddle lol

Advertisement
Back