Practise 2 cribits

Advertisement
wonder what the word is on al blades, seems like he might be getting buried on the depth chart, thought he was better than ivey all day
Blades has a stress fracture and has been limited all summer and at the beginning of camp. It was mentioned during media availability yesterday. You’re not going to hear about him much in the practice reports if he’s not full go.

One of the multiple people who told me he was playing slow is the same guy slobbing him today. He doesn’t play like 4.4-4.5 guy. Or at least has‘t yet but he was bodying mofos today. Using his body especially in back shoulder drills. As I said when I originally posted about his speed regardless of that if he ever realizes he’s a monster speed won’t matter. Or maybe he was just thinking rather than playing , who knows? He seems to have a grip on things so far and looked like a different cat today. He got folks attention.
This is what I was hoping for. Redding looked like one of those human specimens coming out of HS. Like a natural athlete. Clowney, AP, etc. I think he needs more reps.

Advertisement
Never heard that. I mean he’s only a soph so the light came on regardless. It’s still early in his career. In spring I had multiple people mention it stick out how he moved , knowing he clocked 4.5’s
Do you think the light is coming on for more of the younger players? How do the coaches/players really address that? That's what we need

Never heard that. I mean he’s only a soph so the light came on regardless. It’s still early in his career. In spring I had multiple people mention it stick out how he moved , knowing he clocked 4.5’s

I know we often see elite freshman WRs having instant impact. But there are plenty of cases where top flight kids don't emerge for a year or two or more. Plus the Covid situation didn't help his development at all. Everyone got a redshirt by the NCAA for a reason.

Its kinda what you want from practice. Did the receiver make the catch? Yes, but the defender was right on him. Did he seperate? Yes, but the defender had good closing speed to make the play to prevent bigger yardage.

Thats perfect practice to me, all guys are making plays, being competitive, its a back and forth. Wouldnt want one unit to dominate the other like we had it with the offensive and defensive line.

Appreciate the info as always.

If yall aint learn anything about not taking practice reports too seriously, you're lost. I wanna see it on the field. Half of it is the players getting in proper shape and having the knowledge about to playbook. The other half if Bama coaching staff and their playcallers against ours.

Advertisement
If yall aint learn anything about not taking practice reports too seriously, you're lost. I wanna see it on the field. Half of it is the players getting in proper shape and having the knowledge about to playbook. The other half if Bama coaching staff and their playcallers against ours.
I hear yu bro! But, this all we got til bama! It's better then having no updates!

Do you think the light is coming on for more of the younger players? How do the coaches/players really address that? That's what we need
Smith
Restrepo
Cave
Dunson
Rivers
Redding
Elijah Roberts

Are all 1-2 year guys that could make a jump from little pt to rotational guys or good players. People forget Redding , Smith and Restrepo were hurt by covid.

Ive posted multiple times it’s shorts , don’t get crazy. But a lot of the same guys are continuing what they were doing from spring , the positive practice traits carried over as a team. I was told it looked nothing like the first two practices normally do. There’s a lot of older guys back for once , which means it’s a money making year. There’s a seriousness around the team.

Last edited:
Im a fan of Cam(borghini) Harris, but he's a guy that really doesnt have much wiggle. But give him a crease, he can hit and take it all the way. Kinda reminds me of James Jackson in that sense. Ive always felt he was underused in the pass game, Ive seen footage of him from high school catching the ball and Ive always felt there would be more stuff designed for him at this level

Advertisement
Advertisement
Practise two was a lot of the same from spring other than Redding going off. The same guys stole the show with Rambo being the obvious number one, he’s the guy. K Smith continued to stand out making plays and getting behind people, he left after some cramp issues. Restrepo like Smith did his normal damage, those guys continue to separate. As I mentioned the surprise of the day was Redding, he made multiple big plays. He caught a perfect deep ball from I believe Tvd and also had catches going up over guys. Maybe the light has come on, he could be a nice physical threat if this continues. We’ll see.

Mallory and Arroyo both looked good, Mallory was a rough matchup for lb’s and strikers. Arroyo is one of the Fr who’ll contribute , he’s everything we thought he was.

Don Chaney is back and full go but needs work , from the weight room , his body and game shape. He’s behind because of no off season. I’d expect a few games before he’s back to pre injury. Cam is the guy I expect yo start game one, he looked amazing. Super explosive , he’s the one with all the pressure and money is on his mind. Rooster was rooster , explosive and had nice runs. Cam was the one who stuck out though.

Zion looked like Zion. I can’t mention starters but I can say Donaldson looks like a different dude and it’s showing in his play. He doesn’t look like a sloppy fat guy anymore , he just looks like a big man. Jarrid had a good day.

The secondary looked great as a whole , they were beat on a lot of short throws underneath but unlike previous years the db’s were practically in their jerseys. Even on the deep balls they were beat on it was great coverage, the ball was put in between the sideline and the defender. I was told James Williams is the first thing you see when you walk on the field Lol. Safeties continued to be the reliable group they were in spring. BB is the guy there.

Not much to say with Lb and striker other than Gilbert had a great off season and has stepped up the first two practices. Keontra played well and likely starts, it’s hard to judge that group in a shorts practice.

Leonard Taylor will play and play a lot . His first step at dt is crazy , he’s going to be a problem. We need that infusion of speed inside especially on pass downs.

All the cis doctors can stop analyzing Kings knee. He looked like himself , no limp or hesitation from running and cutting full speed. His deep ball still needs better consistency but other than that he was on his game. Tvd blew folks away with multiple dimes , nfl throws. The first five minutes of my call was listening to him slob on tvd.

The biggest take away on offense was the speed , it looks like Miami speed. The wr core is night and day better from this time last year There looks to be a new pecking order. On defense it was the T Rob effect , it looked like one unit. No confusion , and a lot of communication. Mostly everything contested with tight coverage.

All of this just for a shorts practice.
Practise two was a lot of the same from spring other than Redding going off. The same guys stole the show with Rambo being the obvious number one, he’s the guy. K Smith continued to stand out making plays and getting behind people, he left after some cramp issues. Restrepo like Smith did his normal damage, those guys continue to separate. As I mentioned the surprise of the day was Redding, he made multiple big plays. He caught a perfect deep ball from I believe Tvd and also had catches going up over guys. Maybe the light has come on, he could be a nice physical threat if this continues. We’ll see.

Mallory and Arroyo both looked good, Mallory was a rough matchup for lb’s and strikers. Arroyo is one of the Fr who’ll contribute , he’s everything we thought he was.

Don Chaney is back and full go but needs work , from the weight room , his body and game shape. He’s behind because of no off season. I’d expect a few games before he’s back to pre injury. Cam is the guy I expect yo start game one, he looked amazing. Super explosive , he’s the one with all the pressure and money is on his mind. Rooster was rooster , explosive and had nice runs. Cam was the one who stuck out though.

Zion looked like Zion. I can’t mention starters but I can say Donaldson looks like a different dude and it’s showing in his play. He doesn’t look like a sloppy fat guy anymore , he just looks like a big man. Jarrid had a good day.

The secondary looked great as a whole , they were beat on a lot of short throws underneath but unlike previous years the db’s were practically in their jerseys. Even on the deep balls they were beat on it was great coverage, the ball was put in between the sideline and the defender. I was told James Williams is the first thing you see when you walk on the field Lol. Safeties continued to be the reliable group they were in spring. BB is the guy there.

Not much to say with Lb and striker other than Gilbert had a great off season and has stepped up the first two practices. Keontra played well and likely starts, it’s hard to judge that group in a shorts practice.

Leonard Taylor will play and play a lot . His first step at dt is crazy , he’s going to be a problem. We need that infusion of speed inside especially on pass downs.

All the cis doctors can stop analyzing Kings knee. He looked like himself , no limp or hesitation from running and cutting full speed. His deep ball still needs better consistency but other than that he was on his game. Tvd blew folks away with multiple dimes , nfl throws. The first five minutes of my call was listening to him slob on tvd.

The biggest take away on offense was the speed , it looks like Miami speed. The wr core is night and day better from this time last year There looks to be a new pecking order. On defense it was the T Rob effect , it looked like one unit. No confusion , and a lot of communication. Mostly everything contested with tight coverage.

All of this just for a shorts practice.im just so confused on the ACL. Seems like a super short recovery time. Idk I've just seen people do it early season and still not be 100% at the begining of the following season. It was only 7 and a half months ago

The Redding news is good to hear. We don’t have that big body guy at receiver who can make contested catches and move the sticks.

Its kinda what you want from practice. Did the receiver make the catch? Yes, but the defender was right on him. Did he seperate? Yes, but the defender had good closing speed to make the play to prevent bigger yardage.

Thats perfect practice to me, all guys are making plays, being competitive, its a back and forth. Wouldnt want one unit to dominate the other like we had it with the offensive and defensive line.

Appreciate the info as always.
Perfect practice makes perfect 👊🏿.

Advertisement
Back