Practise 2 cribits

Cribby

All-American
Premium
Practise two was a lot of the same from spring other than Redding going off. The same guys stole the show with Rambo being the obvious number one, he’s the guy. K Smith continued to stand out making plays and getting behind people, he left after some cramp issues. Restrepo like Smith did his normal damage, those guys continue to separate. As I mentioned the surprise of the day was Redding, he made multiple big plays. He caught a perfect deep ball from I believe Tvd and also had catches going up over guys. Maybe the light has come on, he could be a nice physical threat if this continues. We’ll see.

Mallory and Arroyo both looked good, Mallory was a rough matchup for lb’s and strikers. Arroyo is one of the Fr who’ll contribute , he’s everything we thought he was.

Don Chaney is back and full go but needs work , from the weight room , his body and game shape. He’s behind because of no off season. I’d expect a few games before he’s back to pre injury. Cam is the guy I expect yo start game one, he looked amazing. Super explosive , he’s the one with all the pressure and money is on his mind. Rooster was rooster , explosive and had nice runs. Cam was the one who stuck out though.

Zion looked like Zion. I can’t mention starters but I can say Donaldson looks like a different dude and it’s showing in his play. He doesn’t look like a sloppy fat guy anymore , he just looks like a big man. Jarrid had a good day.

The secondary looked great as a whole , they were beat on a lot of short throws underneath but unlike previous years the db’s were practically in their jerseys. Even on the deep balls they were beat on it was great coverage, the ball was put in between the sideline and the defender. I was told James Williams is the first thing you see when you walk on the field Lol. Safeties continued to be the reliable group they were in spring. BB is the guy there.

Not much to say with Lb and striker other than Gilbert had a great off season and has stepped up the first two practices. Keontra played well and likely starts, it’s hard to judge that group in a shorts practice.

Leonard Taylor will play and play a lot . His first step at dt is crazy , he’s going to be a problem. We need that infusion of speed inside especially on pass downs.

All the cis doctors can stop analyzing Kings knee. He looked like himself , no limp or hesitation from running and cutting full speed. His deep ball still needs better consistency but other than that he was on his game. Tvd blew folks away with multiple dimes , nfl throws. The first five minutes of my call was listening to him slob on tvd.

The biggest take away on offense was the speed , it looks like Miami speed. The wr core is night and day better from this time last year There looks to be a new pecking order. On defense it was the T Rob effect , it looked like one unit. No confusion , and a lot of communication. Mostly everything contested with tight coverage.

All of this just for a shorts practice.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love it. Ive been gone from the board most of the year but i remember people were trying to say Redding plays slow or something like that and I was Against that notion. He’s the most athletic guy in the receiver room when you combine size and his numbers. Talented kid

If Nelson takes that step we think he will and Donaldson is back to form, we're going to be good on the OL. Mock Gaynor all you want, but as Lance noted in his analysis on recruits, with the OL, it's all about making sure the DL doesn't disrupt the play, even if you get pushed all over the place. And Gaynor outsmarts and out boxes guys. Meanwhile, we know Rivers is going to be a monster, and Williams/Scaife will hold down the final spot. That's a Top quartile ACC group right there, IMHO. Again, all dependent on Nelson and Donaldson doing what we think they are capable of doing.

Advertisement
Practise two was a lot of the same from spring other than Redding going off. The same guys stole the show with Rambo being the obvious number one, he’s the guy. K Smith continued to stand out making plays and getting behind people, he left after some cramp issues. Restrepo like Smith did his normal damage, those guys continue to separate. As I mentioned the surprise of the day was Redding, he made multiple big plays. He caught a perfect deep ball from I believe Tvd and also had catches going up over guys. Maybe the light has come on, he could be a nice physical threat if this continues. We’ll see.

Mallory and Arroyo both looked good, Mallory was a rough matchup for lb’s and strikers. Arroyo is one of the Fr who’ll contribute , he’s everything we thought he was.

Don Chaney is back and full go but needs work , from the weight room , his body and game shape. He’s behind because of no off season. I’d expect a few games before he’s back to pre injury. Cam is the guy I expect yo start game one, he looked amazing. Super explosive , he’s the one with all the pressure and money is on his mind. Rooster was rooster , explosive and had nice runs. Cam was the one who stuck out though.

Zion looked like Zion. I can’t mention starters but I can say Donaldson looks like a different dude and it’s showing in his play. He doesn’t look like a sloppy fat guy anymore , he just looks like a big man. Jarrid had a good day.

The secondary looked great as a whole , they were beat on a lot of short throws underneath but unlike previous years the db’s were practically in their jerseys. Even on the deep balls they were beat on it was great coverage, the ball was put in between the sideline and the defender. I was told James Williams is the first thing you see when you walk on the field Lol. Safeties continued to be the reliable group they were in spring. BB is the guy there.

Not much to say with Lb and striker other than Gilbert had a great off season and has stepped up the first two practices. Keontra played well and likely starts, it’s hard to judge that group in a shorts practice.

Leonard Taylor will play and play a lot . His first step at dt is crazy , he’s going to be a problem. We need that infusion of speed inside especially on pass downs.

All the cis doctors can stop analyzing Kings knee. He looked like himself , no limp or hesitation from running and cutting full speed. His deep ball still needs better consistency but other than that he was on his game. Tvd blew folks away with multiple dimes , nfl throws. The first five minutes of my call was listening to him slob on tvd.

The biggest take away on offense was the speed , it looks like Miami speed. The wr core is night and day better from this time last year There looks to be a new pecking order. On defense it was the T Rob effect , it looked like one unit. No confusion , and a lot of communication. Mostly everything contested with tight coverage.

All of this just for a shorts practice.
Wow. When was the last time we heard that? It’s always the opposite. Hopefully, we go man more and avoid potential errors with the zone coverage.

Love it. Ive been gone from the board most of the year but i remember people were trying to say Redding plays slow or something like that and I was Against that notion. He’s the most athletic guy in the room. Talented kid

I was a huge Redding fan when he committed. Was worried he was going the route of all our other bigs these past few years, and not being developed into a guy that bullies his defender and wins battles. His performance today shows he has it in him. Now we need him to rinse and repeat every day. A big target at WR will put ridiculous pressure on the defense when they also have to defend Mallory, Rambo, Smith, Harley, et al.

This all sounds pretty darn good for the 2nd fall practice.

I Hope Please GIF

Love it. Ive been gone from the board most of the year but i remember people were trying to say Redding plays slow or something like that and I was Against that notion. He’s the most athletic guy in the receiver room when you combine size and his numbers. Talented kid
One of the multiple people who told me he was playing slow is the same guy slobbing him today. He doesn’t play like 4.4-4.5 guy. Or at least has‘t yet but he was bodying mofos today. Using his body especially in back shoulder drills. As I said when I originally posted about his speed regardless of that if he ever realizes he’s a monster speed won’t matter. Or maybe he was just thinking rather than playing , who knows? He seems to have a grip on things so far and looked like a different cat today. He got folks attention.

Advertisement
If Nelson takes that step we think he will and Donaldson is back to form, we're going to be good on the OL. Mock Gaynor all you want, but as Lance noted in his analysis on recruits, with the OL, it's all about making sure the DL doesn't disrupt the play, even if you get pushed all over the place. And Gaynor outsmarts and out boxes guys. Meanwhile, we know Rivers is going to be a monster, and Williams/Scaife will hold down the final spot. That's a Top quartile ACC group right there, IMHO. Again, all dependent on Nelson and Donaldson doing what we think they are capable of doing.

yep, I’m looking for that OL unit to be a really good one - best one in eons. With Zion, ND, gaynor, rivers and Williams, that is a really solid 5 and has guards that can move the LOS. Then you add in scaife, Campbell, the unlv kid and Clark - that’s a really solid rotation imo.

Advertisement
Hear anything on Hall? I’ve just never heard of a safety who’s name is called less either during practice or a game then him. It’s hard to judge. Is it because he’s always doing his job? Or is it because he just doesn’t make plays. I’m afraid it’s the latter… but all in all I love what I’m hearing out of camp so far!

thanks for the inside scoop Cribby!

Hear anything on Hall? I’ve just never heard of a safety who’s name is called less either during practice or a game then him. It’s hard to judge. Is it because he’s always doing his job? Or is it because he just doesn’t make plays. I’m afraid it’s the latter… but all in all I love what I’m hearing out of camp so far!

thanks for the inside scoop Cribby!
Only that manny jumped off in his *** towards the end of practice

Advertisement
He **** on everyone at the All American practices/game so it was confusing to hear that. Maybe it was a confidence thing.

One of the multiple people who told me he was playing slow is the same guy slobbing him today. He doesn’t play like 4.4-4.5 guy. Or at least has‘t yet but he was bodying mofos today. Using his body especially in back shoulder drills. As I said when I originally posted about his speed regardless of that if he ever realizes he’s a monster speed won’t matter. Or maybe he was just thinking rather than playing , who knows? He seems to have a grip on things so far and looked like a different cat today. He got folks attention.
was he fighting through an injury? My boy said if likens can't make you good, its on you

Advertisement
Back