Practise 2 cribits

In the positive it’s the same offense and there’s no new playbook but he’s not lashlee. I’m not sure how I feel about it tbh . I’d like it more if we brought in somebody with with more experience or even a young up and comer with a co/oc title with Likens. Let likens stick to wr coach and the other guy qb’s.
Could go back to the smu well and get lincoln riley’s brother.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Good to hear. I didn’t give up on Redding after that early report, glad to hear he may be turning a corner. From all reports he was a terrific worker and we all knew be had the God given talent to go with it. Those types usually work out and contribute at that position.

Advertisement
Practise two was a lot of the same from spring other than Redding going off. The same guys stole the show with Rambo being the obvious number one, he’s the guy. K Smith continued to stand out making plays and getting behind people, he left after some cramp issues. Restrepo like Smith did his normal damage, those guys continue to separate. As I mentioned the surprise of the day was Redding, he made multiple big plays. He caught a perfect deep ball from I believe Tvd and also had catches going up over guys. Maybe the light has come on, he could be a nice physical threat if this continues. We’ll see.

Mallory and Arroyo both looked good, Mallory was a rough matchup for lb’s and strikers. Arroyo is one of the Fr who’ll contribute , he’s everything we thought he was.

Don Chaney is back and full go but needs work , from the weight room , his body and game shape. He’s behind because of no off season. I’d expect a few games before he’s back to pre injury. Cam is the guy I expect yo start game one, he looked amazing. Super explosive , he’s the one with all the pressure and money is on his mind. Rooster was rooster , explosive and had nice runs. Cam was the one who stuck out though.

Zion looked like Zion. I can’t mention starters but I can say Donaldson looks like a different dude and it’s showing in his play. He doesn’t look like a sloppy fat guy anymore , he just looks like a big man. Jarrid had a good day.

The secondary looked great as a whole , they were beat on a lot of short throws underneath but unlike previous years the db’s were practically in their jerseys. Even on the deep balls they were beat on it was great coverage, the ball was put in between the sideline and the defender. I was told James Williams is the first thing you see when you walk on the field Lol. Safeties continued to be the reliable group they were in spring. BB is the guy there.

Not much to say with Lb and striker other than Gilbert had a great off season and has stepped up the first two practices. Keontra played well and likely starts, it’s hard to judge that group in a shorts practice.

Leonard Taylor will play and play a lot . His first step at dt is crazy , he’s going to be a problem. We need that infusion of speed inside especially on pass downs.

All the cis doctors can stop analyzing Kings knee. He looked like himself , no limp or hesitation from running and cutting full speed. His deep ball still needs better consistency but other than that he was on his game. Tvd blew folks away with multiple dimes , nfl throws. The first five minutes of my call was listening to him slob on tvd.

The biggest take away on offense was the speed , it looks like Miami speed. The wr core is night and day better from this time last year There looks to be a new pecking order. On defense it was the T Rob effect , it looked like one unit. No confusion , and a lot of communication. Mostly everything contested with tight coverage.

All of this just for a shorts practice.
Dammit. I’m gonna talk myself into beating Bama.

Advertisement
It’s been two really good practices to start fall, which is rare around here. Don’t lose hope though , we’re only one bad practice away from being garbage again.
Don't worry I will be the first one to say fire everyone. Just @ me and I'll be here

wonder what the word is on al blades, seems like he might be getting buried on the depth chart, thought he was better than ivey all day

Advertisement
Back