Practice things

You guys forget Cade and Richts relationship. I feel that the battle will come down 1st and foremost to consistency, and in the case if Cade is just about neck and neck or maybe even slightly lower than the other guys (excluding Perry) than Richt will go with the kid he's known the longest. Also, I really don't feel comfortable starting a true freshman QB when he isn't an EE. Yes, Kaaya did it but that was due to lack of QB depth plus Golden f'd over Ryan Williams and went with Brad for the long haul.

In all honesty, give me the QB who can read defenses and has the fewest amount of turnovers. I can live with the ball sailing 10 yards over the WR head, but turnovers can't happen

Perry just watch

I'd be very surprised if Perry was able to win the job after only 3 months on campus.

Hey if ur good enough that's all that matters even if ur there for a week if your the best then that's all that matters

Advertisement
You guys forget Cade and Richts relationship. I feel that the battle will come down 1st and foremost to consistency, and in the case if Cade is just about neck and neck or maybe even slightly lower than the other guys (excluding Perry) than Richt will go with the kid he's known the longest. Also, I really don't feel comfortable starting a true freshman QB when he isn't an EE. Yes, Kaaya did it but that was due to lack of QB depth plus Golden f'd over Ryan Williams and went with Brad for the long haul.

In all honesty, give me the QB who can read defenses and has the fewest amount of turnovers. I can live with the ball sailing 10 yards over the WR head, but turnovers can't happen

Perry just watch

I'd be very surprised if Perry was able to win the job after only 3 months on campus.

Hey if ur good enough that's all that matters even if ur there for a week if your the best then that's all that matters
Brad Kaaya

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Burns is gigantic. If he can retain athleticism at that size look out. Ty Moss was a big RB like that with nifty feet. He was really cranking it up as a RB before he shredded his knee.

King Don doesn't look sloppy fat. So much for that 375 pound nonsense. Clearly, they signed him with the idea of plugging him in right away and getting 3 years of starts out of him.

LULZ at the McDermott hate on here. He's going to be nice for us this year.

Pretty sure a few weeks back it was felt that ND was going to need a year to get right. He may not be 373 at the moment but he for sure has some bad weight. I think it speaks more to the lack of quality OL recruiting in the past that he is day one starting Tackle.

I can understand where a loser would have that mentality. A loser automatically says, "UM's recruiting and roster must suck if Donaldson can come in and run with the 1s."

Reality is that King Don is not a project or a developmental player. He's a gigantic behemoth with excellent athleticism. Anyone who got lucky enough to sign him was going to work him into the lineup as quickly as possible.

Advertisement
Based on production as a true freshman, you would have been skeptical of Sean Taylor as a safety.

And Ed Reed.

Two of our best players ever. I see you guys!
Andre Johnson took a RS.

DJ Williams played FB

The thing about all of these guys from that era was that they were behind other all-time greats when they arrived.

Homer didn't see the field because of Yearby and Gus, two guys who ultimately couldn't hack it here.

Burns is gigantic. If he can retain athleticism at that size look out. Ty Moss was a big RB like that with nifty feet. He was really cranking it up as a RB before he shredded his knee.

King Don doesn't look sloppy fat. So much for that 375 pound nonsense. Clearly, they signed him with the idea of plugging him in right away and getting 3 years of starts out of him.

Pretty sure a few weeks back it was felt that ND was going to need a year to get right. He may not be 373 at the moment but he for sure has some bad weight. I think it speaks more to the lack of quality OL recruiting in the past that he is day one starting Tackle.

I can understand where a loser would have that mentality. A loser automatically says, "UM's recruiting and roster must suck if Donaldson can come in and run with the 1s."

Reality is that King Don is not a project or a developmental player. He's a gigantic behemoth with excellent athleticism. Anyone who got lucky enough to sign him was going to work him into the lineup as quickly as possible.

This! And he's already down 20 pounds and will likely drop more during summer workouts. Kid is an elite recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaaya only played as a true freshman cause Ryan Williams tore his acl and Jake Heaps is Jake Heaps. I'll bet you $100 Perry will not be starting the season as the starter. Gtfoh

Let's hear the case for why it will be anyone else.

bc they are way ahead of him in knowing the playbook, the tempo, what the coaches expect in practice.... Perry is getting redshirted 9/10.

The starting QB competition for this year is realistically going to be between Malik Rosier, Jack Allison, and Evan Shirreffs.

Only way he redshirt is if he absolutely aint ready to play. Those 3 dudes just aint good enough to hold him off.

If any of those guys would be starters the competition wouldnt carry over into the fall. IMO its Perry's job to lose in the Fall.

Advertisement
Kaaya only played as a true freshman cause Ryan Williams tore his acl and Jake Heaps is Jake Heaps. I'll bet you $100 Perry will not be starting the season as the starter. Gtfoh

bc they are way ahead of him in knowing the playbook, the tempo, what the coaches expect in practice.... Perry is getting redshirted 9/10.

The starting QB competition for this year is realistically going to be between Malik Rosier, Jack Allison, and Evan Shirreffs.

Only way he redshirt is if he absolutely aint ready to play. Those 3 dudes just aint good enough to hold him off.

If any of those guys would be starters the competition wouldnt carry over into the fall. IMO its Perry's job to lose in the Fall.

Pete already came out and said the staff plans to give Perry every chance to win the job in fall camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible statement. Makes zero sense.

Terrible statement. Makes zero sense.

Yup. A guy that has never done ANYTHING here has the job already. His job to lose... His job to WIN, just like everyone else. There's a really, really good chance that the QBs that have been here a couple years might just grasp things a little better than a guy that hasn't practiced with the team. Jeez.

Now I hope he comes in and sets the world on fire, but I hope that for all of our players. I don't care who it is, just get the job done.

Advertisement

Both Washington and Alabama had true freshmen starting on their OL in their playoff matchup. Whether it's out of necessity or purely talent, true freshmen starting happens everywhere.

Both Washington and Alabama had true freshmen starting on their OL in their playoff matchup. Whether it's out of necessity or purely talent, true freshmen starting happens everywhere.

It's a different game today. True freshmans are more advanced physically these days and ready to play.

Advertisement
Pat Bethel has been moved to tackle according to what Matt Porter saw at practice. He was second team with Moten. Willis wasn't out there today.

I told y'all boys since we've recruited him, he's gonna be a DT.

Needs to add more weight. He will probably be a tweener this year.

has not moved but has practiced something like he has probably been always doing. Just like they told you all cbs will practice at safety, but people are saying already redwine had moved to safety

Pat Bethel has been moved to tackle according to what Matt Porter saw at practice. He was second team with Moten. Willis wasn't out there today.

has not moved but has practiced something like he has probably been always doing. Just like they told you all cbs will practice at safety, but people are saying already redwine had moved to safety
Bethel's best bet may be to take a RS. It could potentially best benefit the team and his prospect status.

Richt and diaz has both said redwine is at safety now. So that one is official.

Advertisement
Back