Practice things

You guys forget Cade and Richts relationship. I feel that the battle will come down 1st and foremost to consistency, and in the case if Cade is just about neck and neck or maybe even slightly lower than the other guys (excluding Perry) than Richt will go with the kid he's known the longest. Also, I really don't feel comfortable starting a true freshman QB when he isn't an EE. Yes, Kaaya did it but that was due to lack of QB depth plus Golden f'd over Ryan Williams and went with Brad for the long haul.

In all honesty, give me the QB who can read defenses and has the fewest amount of turnovers. I can live with the ball sailing 10 yards over the WR head, but turnovers can't happen

Advertisement
Kaaya only played as a true freshman cause Ryan Williams tore his acl and Jake Heaps is Jake Heaps. I'll bet you $100 Perry will not be starting the season as the starter. Gtfoh

Let's hear the case for why it will be anyone else.

bc they are way ahead of him in knowing the playbook, the tempo, what the coaches expect in practice.... Perry is getting redshirted 9/10.

The starting QB competition for this year is realistically going to be between Malik Rosier, Jack Allison, and Evan Shirreffs.

Only way he redshirt is if he absolutely aint ready to play. Those 3 dudes just aint good enough to hold him off.

N'kosi Perry is a stud no denying it from me but im not sleeping on Jack Allison either. And maybe he wont be redshirted, might call his number half way into the season if none of the qbs i mentioned separate themselves, but i just dont see him coming in May and winning the qb competition before the 1st game of the season.

Advertisement
Paul Williams baby!

Worst position coach in the history of college football perhaps.

This DB group is scary thin right now. Need Delaney, Dean, Bandy on campus asap

He was on staff my freshman year at Western Michigan. My homies at DB (Louis Delmas and EJ Biggers) hated his guts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some buddies who went to western

What years? I was only there for my freshman year '05 then finished at FAMU. I kept tabs with a lot of the guys though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys forget Cade and Richts relationship. I feel that the battle will come down 1st and foremost to consistency, and in the case if Cade is just about neck and neck or maybe even slightly lower than the other guys (excluding Perry) than Richt will go with the kid he's known the longest. Also, I really don't feel comfortable starting a true freshman QB when he isn't an EE. Yes, Kaaya did it but that was due to lack of QB depth plus Golden f'd over Ryan Williams and went with Brad for the long haul.

In all honesty, give me the QB who can read defenses and has the fewest amount of turnovers. I can live with the ball sailing 10 yards over the WR head, but turnovers can't happen

Perry just watch

Robert burns has been getting the 2nd team rb reps in the first 2 practices ahead of homer. Might not mean much but yall might have been sleeping on him.

Pretty sure the board has been singing his praises talent-wise for a long time. The concern with him has always been health. Not sure people were sleeping on him, just skeptical

If this holds through to the end of Spring.. If I am Richt, I am immediately going to THomer and asking him if he wants to give DB a shot come Fall.

I know that we are super thin at RB but if this Tyshon Dye kid comes then it doesnt look too bleak. Remember Yearby left because he wasnt getting any burn as the 3rd string RB. Buddy disappeared. And Richt/TBrown historically only like to play 2 RBs. If you are the 3rd guy, you are phucked if the first 2 dont get injured.

I know I am going to get negged but I would just hate to waste a great athlete like Homer. If DB doesnt fit him, then you can always send him back. When I saw him on Special Teams I saw alot of skills and attributes that make a great DB including tackling ability and aggression.

We got extremely lucky with injuries at RB last year. I wouldn't count on the same luck every year. So you can't move Homer out of the RB group even if he is 3rd team.

Advertisement
Burns is gigantic. If he can retain athleticism at that size look out. Ty Moss was a big RB like that with nifty feet. He was really cranking it up as a RB before he shredded his knee.

King Don doesn't look sloppy fat. So much for that 375 pound nonsense. Clearly, they signed him with the idea of plugging him in right away and getting 3 years of starts out of him.

LULZ at the McDermott hate on here. He's going to be nice for us this year.

Pretty sure a few weeks back it was felt that ND was going to need a year to get right. He may not be 373 at the moment but he for sure has some bad weight. I think it speaks more to the lack of quality OL recruiting in the past that he is day one starting Tackle.

Burns is gigantic. If he can retain athleticism at that size look out. Ty Moss was a big RB like that with nifty feet. He was really cranking it up as a RB before he shredded his knee.

King Don doesn't look sloppy fat. So much for that 375 pound nonsense. Clearly, they signed him with the idea of plugging him in right away and getting 3 years of starts out of him.

LULZ at the McDermott hate on here. He's going to be nice for us this year.

Pretty sure a few weeks back it was felt that ND was going to need a year to get right. He may not be 373 at the moment but he for sure has some bad weight. I think it speaks more to the lack of quality OL recruiting in the past that he is day one starting Tackle.

It's only considered lack of quality recruiting if it is done at Miami right?..... This isn't said at bama or clemson who ended up starting 2 true freshman OTs from game 1 on all the way to the championship... i wonder why....

Perry just watch

I'd be very surprised if Perry was able to win the job after only 3 months on campus.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll remain a skeptic of Homer the RB.

LOVE Homer the special teams demon.

Based on production as a true freshman, you would have been skeptical of Sean Taylor as a safety.

And Ed Reed.

Two of our best players ever. I see you guys!
Andre Johnson took a RS.

I'll never forget seeing Andre Johnson at the Gator Bowl as a true freshman during warmups. I couldn't believe how big he was compared to the other WRs.

Advertisement
Back