Practice things

When people see Donaldson's mom in a brand new car, it's not because she getting paid. She using all the money she saving with someone else feeding him. Can you imagine the cost to feed that Rhino! Bet he'd polish off a whole chicken as an appetizer.

Advertisement
Robert Burns is a kid if he can stay healthy will be the kind of back that we all hoped Gus would be. Unlike Gus he has great feet and runs downhill the injury concerns make him a major if though. Can you guys imagine a three headed back field of walton, homer and a healthy burns? would be something special

Not to get Uniform picky, but what's up with the goofy *** helmets.. What happened to these Miami helmets....

View attachment 43700

View attachment 43701

View attachment 43702

Them new helmets look like yellow bus helmets like fqin spaceballs n ****. The old one look hard as ****...if u going to get a concussion ur going to get one regardless, know the sport ur playing and know the risks stop being pu55ies.

Ohhh lord....because being ah little safer shouldn't matter...I wanna look fresh as **** before being blasted in the head and helmet not hold up....

Burns looks way bigger/thicker than he did in photos I recall of when he signed. He obviously been working hard to get ready to wear the U. Kinda looks like a Bama back might look. Can't wait to see him this fall.

Advertisement
Pat Bethel has been moved to tackle according to what Matt Porter saw at practice. He was second team with Moten. Willis wasn't out there today.

I told y'all boys since we've recruited him, he's gonna be a DT.

With you bro. I said a week ago he would grow into a DT. His body shows that he would pack on weight (good weight).

Where are [MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION]? Those experts kept telling me i was a dumbass for predicting Bethel to DT. Guess there is more to "Teddywaistline" than they thought!

Burns looks like a 3rd year college player already... 215 pounds 7% body fat and you know he has speed
[TWEET]844350762268413953[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Pat Bethel has been moved to tackle according to what Matt Porter saw at practice. He was second team with Moten. Willis wasn't out there today.

I told y'all boys since we've recruited him, he's gonna be a DT.

With you bro. I said a week ago he would grow into a DT. His body shows that he would pack on weight (good weight).

Where are [MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION]? Those experts kept telling me i was a dumbass for predicting Bethel to DT. Guess there is more to "Teddywaistline" than they thought!

Congrats. Even though you say **** near say everybody will outgrow their position ,you got one right. Hopefully the other guys change positions to help your percentage. As much as you're called on all your errors on here, I'm glad to be the guy to help get your percentage to 10 percent.

Advertisement
Paul Williams baby!

Worst position coach in the history of college football perhaps.

This DB group is scary thin right now. Need Delaney, Dean, Bandy on campus asap

He was on staff my freshman year at Western Michigan. My homies at DB (Louis Delmas and EJ Biggers) hated his guts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sak Pase! Lil Haiti Louis was a beast fam! Dude was a straight Ballhawk in the NFL until he got hurt.

Paul Williams baby!

He was on staff my freshman year at Western Michigan. My homies at DB (Louis Delmas and EJ Biggers) hated his guts.

Sak Pase! Lil Haiti Louis was a beast fam! Dude was a straight Ballhawk in the NFL until he got hurt.

Yeah man he could never catch a break man.

Paul Williams baby!

When my lions drafted Delmas in the second round I didn't know who he was. But he showed up quick. Instinctual head Hunter

Advertisement
Would like to hear from the OL guys - @gogeta, @courcy75, etc. - about Mcdermott's fit at RG as opposed to LG. From what I saw, Isidora was relied on more to get in space and move as opposed to sheer brute strength and base (which Mcdermott struggled with). Perhaps it's a better fit to see Mcdermott on that side of the line? I'm not sufficiently technical when it comes to OL to discuss in any kind of detail, but would love for some of the guys to chime in.

Perhaps they trust Gauthier at C to hold the point better in power running schemes and will have Mcdermott (1) pulling and (2) double-teaming/chipping at 2nd level more often?

Interesting, because typically I'd say the opposite. Normally the RG (and RT) are the maulers on a team. But yeah, thank god Gauthier is getting reps at Center. IMO thats the most important thing. If you have a bad Center it can ruin the entire line.

If Gauthier plays well at Center he alone might make McDermott a better guard than he was last year.
I know that's typically the case because the quicker, more athletic guys on defense are typically on its right side (facing the offense) so the offense counters by having those matches on its left side. However, is that so much the case with the interior line? Isidora was most definitely not a mauler. I can't think of any specific technical reasons why, say, a power run game would be dependent on having those maulers on the right or left side of the interior. Like I said, would love to learn more from the OL guys on the board.

[MENTION=8917]San Amaro Dr[/MENTION]ive

Searels was showing Donaldson a ton of attention. He's already with the first team and I'd be shocked if he's not starting

Donaldson looked pretty good in that pic. Do we know where he is in terms of getting in shape?

Also did you see Donaldson in the AA game? His footwork at right tackle seemed to way off. I came away from that thinking this dude was a mauling guard all day long. I am hoping he was just really out of shape then, just not sure what to think about it. From what I saw when he got his mitts on someone he man handled them but dudes with space were making him look average. Wondering what other people think about that?

Searels was showing Donaldson a ton of attention. He's already with the first team and I'd be shocked if he's not starting

Donaldson looked pretty good in that pic. Do we know where he is in terms of getting in shape?

Also did you see Donaldson in the AA game? His footwork at right tackle seemed to way off. I came away from that thinking this dude was a mauling guard all day long. I am hoping he was just really out of shape then, just not sure what to think about it. From what I saw when he got his mitts on someone he man handled them but dudes with space were making him look average. Wondering what other people think about that?

There was 2 guys who played right tackle that game on the team. The other was 5star uga ot commit who was getting beat like a drum. Both were massive so it's possible to thought that was donaldson. Wilson got beat far more than Donaldson. Donaldson looked good vs josh kaindoh which is hard to do

McDermott fits better at guard on paper. He's not that long and he's only a decent athlete.

Games aren't played on paper, and we played best when he was LT. But I think today's lineup is the most physically imposing group we can put together.

I remember Darling looking much better at RT than LT, would that logical translate to him being better at RG than LG?

and do you think they'll try Gaynor at G or C?

I played OL in college. It wasn't D1, so take it fwiw! But Mike Leach was my offensive line coach, so maybe . . .

Anyways I think there are several variables! First of all, try this next time you get up. Stand up, crouch/squat and put your right hand on ground like an OL might do. Then switch and put your left hand down. Feel the same or different? Thinking about pass protection stand up in a stance where your base is solid. Don't have legs too close together or far apart. Now put your left leg back some. Switch it up with right leg back some. How does that feel?

I don't want to overstate that, but it does make a difference. And don't we know an extra second here or there makes a big difference?

I played left tackle in high school and right guard in college. I did the pulling. In fact now that I think about it, I don't recall the left guard ever pulling. We ran the offense Leach runs at Washington State. Some guys move better than others. If you think about the DL, they will have fronts to try and exploit the OL, so maybe for whatever reason he was able to play better in space . . . which imo is tougher to do lol.

If he plays better in space than say taking on the bull from his guard spot . . . another year in weight room and diet may make a huge difference in his performance.

Advertisement
Back