Practice Report 8-5

McGee has disappointed me more than just about any player over the past few years.

He has elite measurable (size/speed/quickness), but he plays slow and clueless. Very sad.

Hopefully he puts it all together as a Senior.

Advertisement
McGee has disappointed me more than just about any player over the past few years.

He has elite measurable (size/speed/quickness), but he plays slow and clueless. Very sad.

Hopefully he puts it all together as a Senior.

exactly. 4.4 speed doesnt mean much if your playing defense in quick sand.

Hey there Peter.
I noticed only in the Black Shirts area that there are only three D-linemen, unless Eddie Johnson (my best guess from that group being the other end) played End, any chance to get confirmation on that? Also I am aware that the black shirts at this point are from strictly the off season condition hence why someone like Chick does not have one.

Hey there Peter.
I noticed only in the Black Shirts area that there are only three D-linemen, unless Eddie Johnson (my best guess from that group being the other end) played End, any chance to get confirmation on that? Also I am aware that the black shirts at this point are from strictly the off season condition hence why someone like Chick does not have one.

Arehel,
Good catch. Peter omitted Chick by mistake. He had a black jersey as well.

the thing that stands out to me the most....

black jersey - brandon mcgee

has he turned the corner?!?

He is a really good corner. The coaches talk about Mcgee not being where he needs to be is referring to him being a lock down corner. With him playing the Field Side corner position, coaches would like to have the ability to leave him on a island. This allows the DC to to open of the defense a lot more.

Advertisement

He is a really good corner. The coaches talk about Mcgee not being where he needs to be is referring to him being a lock down corner. With him playing the Field Side corner position, coaches would like to have the ability to leave him on a island. This allows the DC to to open of the defense a lot more.

Based on what? Lulz

Based on what? Lulz

Measurables.

Again, praying McGee is this year's Marcus Maxey, who did nothing for 3 years and completely balled out his senor year, and even played in th league for a minute.

Based on what? Lulz

Measurables.

Not sure if serious.

So him having measurables makes him a good corner? Hasn't translated to the football field so I think that's bull****.

Advertisement

Based on what? Lulz

Measurables.

Not sure if serious.

So him having measurables makes him a good corner? Hasn't translated to the football field so I think that's bull****.

Another example of the lack of translation onto the field is the fact that McGee hasn't even contributed on Special Teams. He has the "measurables" to block kicks, cover kicks, or return kicks, yet hasn't done any of the three. That reeks of an athlete but not a football player.

you cant be serious.

what has indicated to you that mcgee is a good corner? if anything, he is an opposing teams favorite corner.

Advertisement

Based on what? Lulz

Measurables.

Not sure if serious.

You suck at sarcasm, don't you?

Any impressions of Dwayne Hoilett or Jake O'Donnell? Does it look like Jelani Hamilton has fully recovered?

Hoilett has shown good size, nice technique and good foot quickness.

O'Donnell is a big boy, great straight line speed for his size, good tenacity but needs to increase lower leg strength. Gonna be a player IMO.

McGee has been a better corner than >>>>>> shields, dvd, #41(i refuse to say his name), chambers, and a slew of sorry bum corners we have had.

even b.harris would get abused from time to time.

We haven't had an elite corner since. phil buch day's.

Advertisement
McGee has been a better corner than >>>>>> shields, dvd, #41(i refuse to say his name), chambers, and a slew of sorry bum corners we have had.

even b.harris would get abused from time to time.

We haven't had an elite corner since. phil buch day's.

Of course McGee has been better than Shields and Chambers. He's been playing corner a little bit longer than they did.

Mike Williams was a bum, so I won't argue with you there.

DVD was a **** good corner and he's been hugely underrated by our fan base. He wasn't a very good tackler and his ball skills were lacking, but his cover skills were very good.

Every corner is going to get messed up, the fact that you're dissing Brandon Harris though makes me think that maybe you don't realize that.

*** got this. In no universe has McGee been better than DVD. DVD got a lot of **** from the fanbase and became a whipping boy, but he was a very good cover corner in his final year here.

Based on what? Lulz

Measurables.

Not sure if serious.

You suck at sarcasm, don't you?

It went over my head for sure.

Advertisement
Back