Practice fields were crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe UM should have let a bunch of homeless come **** all over the field, would SanFran feel more at home?

Y do everyone keeping thinking this was on the 9ers? The report clearly said that GB, The 9ers, and the NFL all said our field was trash. This was before the NFC Championship game, which means the teams flew out here, did an inspection, called NFL personnel to see if they were tripping, and The NFL agreed w the assessment.

The real backlash is Miami saying they just laid turf and are not interested in making a change, after it was deemed unsafe. They got money to provide a service, one they tried to dig their heels in. That’s unprofessional & not a good look, at all.

Advertisement
TOC says our fields have won awards in the past and then got torn up by the IPF construction

Just for the record, I'm not making any excuses, I'm just not sure what was done after the IPF construction. For instance, maybe we planted a type of grass that was different from the fields that won awards a few years ago. I'm just not sure what is happening here.

Bottom line is still the same, though, when it comes to Blake James. FOR WHATEVER REASON, the fields were not up to a standard (and Hecht apologists can whine about whether UM should have to meet NFL standards).

The TRUE ISSUE is that when someone called Blake's attention to the issue, he dug his heels and refused to do anything.

And, yes, the whole "I complain to the cable company until they give me half-price cable" crew can boast about UM getting the 49ers to pay for our new grass, but these are the types of issues that give Miami a WIDELY KNOWN reputation for being a mom-and-pop operation.

Perception is reality. Deal with it.

This is the same Blake James who refused a Trustee's check to pay Alonzo's salary.

This MF'er is going to go down in flames "doing things my way".

"I want my old org chart. I want my old grass. I don't want anyone questioning my brilliant leadership. I was a great ticket salesman, now I'm a great AD."

F Blake James. I've been calling for him to be fired for years, I'm glad that people are finally joining my efforts.

Won awards? Is there an Oscar's ceremony for practice fields? An ESPY perhaps?

I've posted the info in the past. No awards ceremony, though.

Would have been nice to have sent our own Carl Spackler to pick up the award, though. Cinderella story.

So let's say BJ had come out and said we should spend $150k to upgrade the fields so we weren't embarrassed when the 49ers came to town...you're telling me there wouldn't be 47 threads about how that kind of negligent spending was not only killing the program, but was the last straw for him?

I think you're a little out of whack if you think dumping money into practice fields so they can be up to super bowl standards is cool. Not saying they shouldn't be good, but there's probably a little gap between "dangerous to practice on" and "what an NFL team practising for the SB expects".

I hate Blake James.

I want Blake James fired.

But I would never take something GOOD that he does, such as spending money on our program, and turn it into a negative.

No, nobody was going to blame Beta Blake for "negligent spending".

Advertisement
And that's kinda the point. CIS thinks Miami should spend to keep the fields in top shape at every moment just in case somebody stops by, and the university only wants to spend when their actual team is practicing. Seems like pretty sound logic on Miami's part.

Nope, not gonna fall for this nonsense.

This isn't about "just in case somebody stops by".

We should keep the fields in top shape ALL THE TIME. Look, since the IPF is built, we have LESS outside square footage than ever. It shouldn't be that hard to maintain and we should ALWAYS look our best because ANYONE could visit at ANY time.

7-on-7 tournaments.

5 star recruits.

Coaches. NFL players. Sports journalists.

Good lord, do some of the dipsh!te porsters on this board think that the Alabamas and Clemsons of the world allow their penny-pinching ADs to let their practice fields go to **** during the winter? Recruits can visit at any time, and I guaran-*******-tee you that SEC football facilities look pristine 365 days of the year.

Yeah, that's what we want to tell a recruit who visits beautiful Miami in January..."Hey kid, never mind that ratty-looking practice field, our brilliant AD is trying to mold the field just the way he likes it, and I promise you it will look BEAUTIFUL in June."

I can't believe some of the Blake-James-defending nonsense I am reading on this board. Yeah, Blake got us some free grass with his tough negotiating...

Also, it's not a good look that the NFL/49ers saw the fields, the U was told they were unacceptable, and Miami basically said "no they're not, they're fine!"

The fact that it took the team threatening to go elsewhere really frustrates me. Who acts like that?
Well they did turn down an NFL front office executive...so apparently they think the NFL is beneath them in Hecht. What a cluster$%^ over there.

WTF kinda mom and pop mindset is that? Hey we have **** fields that we cant keep up with so use this? The School makes MILLIONS off these kids, they need to take care of those assets, Dont they do high school camps and stuff out there? Who wants their kids playing on **** fields? We dont even care enough to take the recommendation from 3 different entities. We are only ones who come out looking bad in this press..

One day prior we are trying to use 49ers success on our IG but neglect to even take care of our fields.. Just a bad look, terrible PR. If you cant see that then your OG shades are too freaking dark..
I just choose not to ***** about **** like this. You're reaching when you start complaining about practice fields in January. We've got much bigger fish to fry. **** the 49ers and **** the press and **** a practice field in January.

Go Canes!!!!

Bruh, Bruh....

The field was checked out by the 9ers AND GB, AND the NFL, and they all said the field was trash. How could all 3 come to same conclusion?
Maybe because the NFL is trash? Just saying. Fack the NFL.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Advertisement

We should keep the fields in top shape ALL THE TIME. Look, since the IPF is built, we have LESS outside square footage than ever. It shouldn't be that hard to maintain and we should ALWAYS look our best because ANYONE could visit at ANY time.

7-on-7 tournaments.

5 star recruits.

Good lord, do some of the dipsh!te porsters on this board think that the Alabamas and Clemsons of the world allow their penny-pinching ADs to let their practice fields go to **** during the winter? Recruits can visit at any time, and I guaran-*******-tee you that SEC football facilities look pristine 365 days of the year.

Yeah, that's what we want to tell a recruit who visits beautiful Miami in January..."Hey kid, never mind that ratty-looking practice field, our brilliant AD is trying to mold the field just the way he likes it, and I promise you it will look BEAUTIFUL in June."

I can't believe some of the Blake-James-defending nonsense I am reading on this board. Yeah, Blake got us some free grass with his tough negotiating...

for the record, UFs stadium doenst look anywhere near what it does in the fall. you can go anytime and run stadiums there and get on the field. it looks basically dried up in the spring

**** the 49ers I'm a UM fan not a 49ers fan nobody complained about the fields all year the 49ers can eat a dikc
3 different entities came and deemed the field unsatisfactory. This is not about 49ers, this is about UM knowing that their facilities were going to be used by NFC winner well before, have no issues promoting that on their IG but when told their field needs upgrading for world class athelets use, UM throws their hands up and says we dont give af about our kids? See how that sounds, our already struggling recuiting coaches might have to deal with this negative type of PR.

And that's kinda the point. CIS thinks Miami should spend to keep the fields in top shape at every moment just in case somebody stops by, and the university only wants to spend when their actual team is practicing. Seems like pretty sound logic on Miami's part.
Im pretty sure we have known for awhile that our facilities would be used by NFC side, like they have been used in the past. So yes, I think it is only fair that those organizations expect to have a safe field to use for their multi million dollar assets. Everyone doesnt run their program like blake n co.

7-on-7 tournaments.

5 star recruits.

This!

Advertisement
3 different entities came and deemed the field unsatisfactory. This is not about 49ers, this is about UM knowing that their facilities were going to be used by NFC winner well before, have no issues promoting that on their IG but when told their field needs upgrading for world class athelets use, UM throws their hands up and says we dont give af about our kids? See how that sounds, our already struggling recuiting coaches might have to deal with this negative type of PR.

**** those three entities. They were good enough all season. If they didn't like them bring what you wanted or buy them when you get here then bring them. If the 49ers were so concerned have someone come out two weeks ago and address it. If the fields were so bad how come nobody on the team got hurt? ***c the 49ers there was zero complaints all year

**** those three entities. They were good enough all season. If they didn't like them bring what you wanted or buy them when you get here then bring them. If the 49ers were so concerned have someone come out two weeks ago and address it. If the fields were so bad how come nobody on the team got hurt? ***c the 49ers there was zero complaints all year
Uhh thats exactly what they did. Again, this isnt mickey mouse, pookie and mookie type business on the block. Im not gonna argue a rather pointless thing, it just has a bad look to it when media outlets are picking this up during the freaking super bowl. If its something during the preseason, I can share that sentiment. The FREAKING dolphins who actually compete in same conference as Chiefs, open their doors and let them use their facility. Thats what you do when teams competing on biggest stage want to use your space, you want to help them as best as possible. But whatever

Uhh thats exactly what they did. Again, this isnt mickey mouse, pookie and mookie type business on the block. Im not gonna argue a rather pointless thing, it just has a bad look to it when media outlets are picking this up during the freaking super bowl. If its something during the preseason, I can share that sentiment. The FREAKING dolphins who actually compete in same conference as Chiefs, open their doors and let them use their facility. Thats what you do when teams competing on biggest stage want to use your space, you want to help them as best as possible. But whatever

Media can say whatever they want if the 49ers want a certain field being it or buy it.

Advertisement
This thread is up there with the billboard.

No one outside of this home for chronic mopes is affected by, cares about or will remember this story by this time next week.

All this perception is reality talk absolute nonsense. Every natural grass field north of Lake Okeechobee is either beat to **** or covered in snow right snow.

So if ours wasn’t to the NFL’s standards in our offseason and they replaced it on their dime, then good for us. It will be that much nicer come spring practice, Paradise camp and during the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back