Practice #4

We went through this last year Brock, ya boy is literally the worst Tackle on the team.

We're in serious trouble if he's starting this season.
1583518853939.gif

Nope, seen the worst one in the country last year for 13 games

Advertisement
I doubt wisconsin just throws out 1st and 2 year lineman that often in the starting group. It’s a reason why their line looks so good at times, they let them develop and many of them start playing in their 3rd and 4th years
You know the answer to that. It’s been talked about on here. Wisconsin has a track record of development and putting OL’s into the NFL. They get kids who buy in, redshirt and sit and develop for a few years.

Look I know Zion struggled heavily last year. As I and others said before, a grad transfer and redshirt year for Nelson would be optimal but guys advocating for Herbert? Zion beat him out for a reason and at least he flashed at times and had some solid games but Herbert just looked unusable on passing downs when he was out there. I think y’all are forgetting how abysmal it was. Only reason I can guess that people want to trot him back out there is because he had that magical 4th star.

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 113023
Nope, seen the worst one in the country last year for 13 games
Nah, remember last year you swore up & down that Herbert was going to win the RT battle because he "had a good Spring", but I kept telling you & the rest of the board he was purely awful & no way they would name him the starter, then Fall camp came & he lost it to Campbell.

Then when Herbert finally did get actual snaps in the game he was horrendous, like 1,000% worse than Zion or any OT we have on the roster.

Herbert has worse footwork than Zion & has even less functional upper body strength, Idk what yall be watching but Herb is the last OT that should be taking snaps.

We need to get a Grad Transfer OT.

Advertisement
Nah, remember last year you swore up & down that Herbert was going to win the RT battle because he "had a good Spring", but I kept telling you & the rest of the board he was purely awful & no way they would name him the starter, then Fall camp came & he lost it to Campbell.

Then when Herbert finally did get actual snaps in the game he was horrendous, like 1,000% worse than Zion or any OT we have on the roster.

Herbert has worse footwork than Zion & has even less functional upper body strength, Idk what yall be watching but Herb is the last OT that should be taking snaps.

We need to get a Grad Transfer OT.
Anybody but Zion lol. But seriously, He need to redshirt this year and then come back and factor in next year. I still want scaife at tackle but they are trying him at guard this spring. Regardless and this goes for Zion and even Herbert, lineman aren’t finished products. You can have all these preconceived notions all you want but this position typically gets better with years of development. Regardless this is a new year with new coaches. Certain players adapt to different schemes better

Advertisement
Advertisement
That tells you Lashlee loves Knighton and wants to play him a lot and immediately this season. I’ve never been a huge Cam guy, so I’m happy to see this immersion education of Knighton.
I like cam, but I agree with this. I think it has more to do with them not wanting Burns to be the #2 though. Either way, the more prepared RB we have, the better.

Haven’t seen herbert enough to say that. 1 game is not enough to even fully evaluate a player. A season of nearly all bad games is however
Oh yeah I forgot he had 4 stars so he must be good 🙄🙄
Nevermind the fact he’s been in the program going on four years and the one game he got pt he looked completely overwhelmed..got it dude

Anybody but Zion lol. But seriously, He need to redshirt this year and then come back and factor in next year. I still want scaife at tackle but they are trying him at guard this spring. Regardless and this goes for Zion and even Herbert, lineman aren’t finished products. You can have all these preconceived notions all you want but this position typically gets better with years of development. Regardless this is a new year with new coaches. Certain players adapt to different schemes better
It's not a preconceived notion, it's based on what actually happened.

Herbert is worse than Zion, significantly worse & it's not even close.

Neither one should be starting, they need to bite the bullet & go find a GT OT.

Everybody looks halfway decent in Spring practices, come regular season ACC play its a different ball game & different speed.

Herbert as a starter is a nightmare.

Advertisement
Back