Practice #4

Advertisement
It's not a preconceived notion, it's based on what actually happened.

Herbert is worse than Zion, significantly worse & it's not even close.

Neither one should be starting, they need to bite the bullet & go find a GT OT.

Everybody looks halfway decent in Spring practices, come regular season ACC play its a different ball game & different speed.

Herbert as a starter is a nightmare.
no one was “significantly” worse than Zion, and he shouldn’t have had the leash he had last year to begin with, especially not at left tackle. Literally impossible to be. Regardless I’m trying to be done talking about Nelson negatively because I know It sounds like that and i don’t try to be that type of poster always bashing players but I just want him to develop more physically and mentally and take a crack at it not this year but the next

Last edited:
Advertisement
Zion is going to be a really good as a junior or senior people act like a true freshman is supposed to be all world at OT . No more often then not the great ones are pretty average as true freshmen. Herbert is older and has been horrible. BUT with new coaching he could turn it around. But of all the OL guys Zion is the guy I worry about least . He got better every game and thats all you can ask of guy who was thrown in a 1-2 years early into a starting job.

So word coming out of practice was the offense gashed the defense today primarily due to the play of D'Eriq King. And Jaylan Knighton was impressive today. Apparently he made a play in the return game on special teams that would have been a touchdown.

Translation. Our offense is now serviceable and the defense has taken a step back.

Still 6-7

Zion is going to be a really good as a junior or senior people act like a true freshman is supposed to be all world at OT . No more often then not the great ones are pretty average as true freshmen. Herbert is older and has been horrible. BUT with new coaching he could turn it around. But of all the OL guys Zion is the guy I worry about least . He got better every game and thats all you can ask of guy who was thrown in a 1-2 years early into a starting job.
None of the great ones were as bad as Zion was. Zion was done dirty, he was in no way ready but was still put out there... and thats true for many Miami players. Hopefully we have a turnaround this year with players and coaches developing

Advertisement
This argument is like who’s worse, Saddam or Khadaffi? Probably Saddam but Khadaffi was bad too.
Saddam was way worse than Gaddafi, Saddam never did anything good, Gaddafi despite what people might think did a lot of good things for his people & his country.

He was bad, but the two aren't close in terms of degrees of "badness".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Herbert couldn’t win a spot over Zion who was a true freshman and gained 60 pounds in a half of a year. Writing off Zion but wanting to see what Herbert can do seems counterintuitive, especially given their respective traits.

Thank you. Talm bout he knows what a player can and cant do. Man stfu.

Yall dont know shid but what a player looks like in a bad and predictable offense.

Advertisement
Back