Practice #4

Advertisement
The only tru’ Leaders are Brevin Jordan and Greg Rousseau who lead by example, the rest are your just company men

Advertisement
Advertisement
A true freshman low rated kid that did everything he could and was placed in a situation where very few players at the p5 level have ever succeeded in.
And on top of that he was placed in an offensive system that suits only the most experienced or gifted left tackle prospects. And he never complained once. The fact that at least for a few plays in a few games he held his own is actually quite impressive. This is the type of kid that goes to some lower rated school and starts playing his junior and senior year and gets drafted and we wonder why “we don’t do that“
If you take in some perspective, Zion basically had to carry the burden of the recruiting mistakes made by the previous staff and the lack of situational awareness by the offensive staff as well as the lack of preparation by his starting qb.
Not saying he’s Orlando Pace. But at the very least he will end up being a serviceable player here considering the sht storm he was forced into.

Advertisement
Some other observations from TOS:

- Rousseau, Roche, and Phillips talking to each other a lot in drills.

- Blissett does have the body type of a defensive end. Looks the part

-
Kai-Leon Herbert showed a nice punch and aggressiveness during the run blocking drills we could watch.

- First Team Offensive Line: LT John Campbell, LG Ousmane Traore, C Corey Gaynor, RG DJ Scaife, and RT Kai-Leon Herbert

- Second Team Offensive Line: LT Zalon’tae Hillery, LG Jalen Rivers, C Jakai Clark, RG Cleveland Reed, RT Zion Nelson

- Early enrollee freshman Jalen Rivers definitely jumps out in terms of looking like a future starter with his body type and athleticism

- Garin Justice’s coaching style from what we could see: he brings plenty of energy and is very active with the way he is a hands-on coach, but he isn’t necessarily a guy that yells and screams.

Rivers needs to be at tackle, either side. Hillery does not belong there in the least.

Nah, remember last year you swore up & down that Herbert was going to win the RT battle because he "had a good Spring", but I kept telling you & the rest of the board he was purely awful & no way they would name him the starter, then Fall camp came & he lost it to Campbell.

Then when Herbert finally did get actual snaps in the game he was horrendous, like 1,000% worse than Zion or any OT we have on the roster.

Herbert has worse footwork than Zion & has even less functional upper body strength, Idk what yall be watching but Herb is the last OT that should be taking snaps.

We need to get a Grad Transfer OT.

Totally agree, Herbert made Zion look like Anthony Munoz

no one was “significantly” worse than Zion, and he shouldn’t have had the leash he had last year to begin with, especially not at left tackle. Literally impossible to be. Regardless I’m trying to be done talking about Nelson negatively because I know It sounds like that and i don’t try to be that type of poster always bashing players but I just want him to develop more physically and mentally and take a crack at it not this year but the next

You’re tripping , the ol was actually playing decent, then injuries against Duke and it went back to UF bad. They improved from god awful to average for the middle of the season. Herbert and Hillery made duke look like the 86 bears when they played. They were significantly worse than the starters.

Advertisement
Most overrated defense in the country since manny has been here.

So we were missing the best player on the defense in Willis and on top of that they gave zero ***** about that game. ***** the other 11 games the d played well , even though they had the nations worst starting field position. While having an epic bad offense and all time bad punter. Yet they stayed ranked in the top 10-15 as a total d.

Ive never gotten the overrated stuff , your ranking is your ranking. Ranking is what we base how good every coach or coordinator is , unless it doesn’t fit our agenda of course. The d has been far from the problem since manny has been here. It’s had bad moments but every d in today’s football has those.

Last edited:
We got a GT last year and I don’t he was good enough to get a jersey. Grad transfer OT isn’t what we need... we need them to be coached and conditioned. Fvck OT grad transfer. If anything give me a GT CB.

Advertisement
Back