Practice #4

Advertisement
we are loaded at de with fast athletic type pass rushers with length. Elite group

i agree
on paper i cant think of a better group of edge rushers
we mult nfl guys
lets just hope they live up to and even surpass expectations

Agreed, but I’m sure he rather be a starting guard than a backup center.

Maybe he and Justice both feel like he's better off at center for his sake and the good of the team. Maybe it's best that he redshirts this season while working at center with the expectation that he would then be the starter in 21 and 22.

Agreed, but I’m sure he rather be a starting guard than a backup center.
The staff is looking to see who can play where & figuring out the best combo. They are auditioning Traore at starting guard & allowing the other OT to fight it out. Obviously they can bump Scaife back out & plug in Clark.

Advertisement
Herbert couldn’t win a spot over Zion who was a true freshman and gained 60 pounds in a half of a year. Writing off Zion but wanting to see what Herbert can do seems counterintuitive, especially given their respective traits.

So Justice is as wrong as Kehoe, and Searles, and x, and y OL coaches with "agendas" of putting the worst players in the field?

At some point maybe it's the athlete(s).

Your basing it on the decision of an offensive line coach and coordinator who got fired after one season though. I mean we have to consider the guys who made the decision to start Zion in the first place. After watching Zion look absolutely lost last year, I have to wonder if he actually was the best option at the time. I mean, the worst starting tackle in FBS was our best option? Maybe Herbert really is that bad. Maybe he was out of shape or lazy during practices? I mean he would have to be epically bad to perform worse than Zion did last year.

Do we see porsters trying to get in on our action @Fawk_U Haters?

We are trend setters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look, all I know for sure is that Butch Barry was a complete and utter failure, and that FAU with Garin Justice improved in sacks allowed from 70th in 2015 to 12th in 2017. So I'm gonna choose to trust Justice's judgement over "people around the program".
If Williams throws the ball away instead of running out of bounds, our sack number goes way down as well.

I guarantee you, with a good QB, and good system, our sack number will take an astronomical jump in the right direction. It's not always about the OL coach, but the QB and the system.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back