Practice #11?

Lmao if Martell is only half as good as Manziel he’d be 🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑 ... Manziel wasn’t that good just a product of Sumlins system.

No, he just won the Heisman trophy. As a freshman.
He beat Alabama, when they were far and away the best team in football, by himself.
Kevin Sumlin's career was a product of having Manziel. He hasn't done anything but lose and get fired since Johnny left.
He threw for over 7,800 yards with 63 touchdowns on 68% passing in 2 seasons.
He ran for 2,169 yards and another 30 touchdowns in 2 seasons.
93 touchdowns in two years.
He is literally one of the all time greatest college football quarterbacks

I don't care if he never did anything in the NFL.

If Martelll is even HALF that good, he'll be one of Miami's all time greats.

You were hoping and praying for Malik Rosier to be our starter so you're no longer allowed an opinion on quarterback play.

Advertisement
I wanted to get a deeper scoop on martell so I went and spoke with some buckeye fans and here is what I basically got

If you're a tate fan just skip this post..

-mommas boy
-rich kid, possibly spoiled and most likely as he is ****y af ( lived in like a 500k house and drove a brand new bmw in high school )
-got into some stuff off the field
-has panic attacks when the pocket collapses
-noodle arm

and probably the most damning thing I found -

"Kid isn't a ohio state quality starting qb... Never will be... Glad he's leaving... Ain't no comparison too fields... Too slow.. Inaccurate and folds hard under pressure... Let him stick too his manicures, mommy's haircuts, and being a spoiled brat elsewhere... Hes just not a starter.... Nuff said... "

I'm always skeptical about people that come from that kind of money, what kind of adversity do you face growing up like that? You have to have one **** of a father figure keeping you in line if you're going to grow up in such a nice situation.

May the best man win

Edit: also https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ll-nick-starkel-transfer-history-beef-twitter

this was on top of calling fields trash and then leaving before the competition ever began when fields announced he was heading to osu
Not a Tate fan nor a Tate detractor, but that being said, of course OSU fans are going to be badmouthing him after he left. Their take on it really doesn't reveal anything of substance.

No, he just won the Heisman trophy. As a freshman.
He beat Alabama, when they were far and away the best team in football, by himself.
Kevin Sumlin's career was a product of having Manziel. He hasn't done anything but lose and get fired since Johnny left.
He threw for over 7,800 yards with 63 touchdowns on 68% passing in 2 seasons.
He ran for 2,169 yards and another 30 touchdowns in 2 seasons.
93 touchdowns in two years.
He is literally one of the all time greatest college football quarterbacks

I don't care if he never did anything in the NFL.

If Martelll is even HALF that good, he'll be one of Miami's all time greats.

You were hoping and praying for Malik Rosier to be our starter so you're no longer allowed an opinion on quarterback play.

Nice speech about nothing... you sound like a groupie, Manziel wasn’t that good where any player could be half as good as him and be an all time great 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Advertisement
1565291670948.gif

Because if that were the case he wouldn't still be on the team & still receiving first team reps.

Enos doesn't agree with that take, it's not reasoned at all, it's a fans summation based on their own limited information which is biased & jaded based upon last year.

If the OC/QB coach who has proven to be competent & good at his job still thinks he's viable option to be the starter, then fans should at very least respect the opinion of the guy who coaches him every day.

You also don't know anything about the other two's on/off field & innate flaws either, making a snap judgment about ANY of them is simply based on who people like from a personal standpoint & not who actually might be the best for the time being.

And it's not out of the question that one of the 3 QB's that people are rooting for or against could end up playing anyway despite not being named the starter. So if you're against any of'em & the guy you're rooting for gets benched due to poor performance & is replaced by the guy you were against you'll be angry that the guy you were against is playing over the guy you were for & then we'd have the awful scenario of fans actually being upset that a QB won a game simply because it wasn't their guy.
I'll further comment with LCE - there are quite a few particulars most of you aren't taking into account. The most important, in my mind, is that Enos is clearly still trying to adjust Tate's throwing motion & footwork - as shown in the video where he misses several feet above his target. It's not second nature to him yet and maybe it'll take awhile for him to get there. Or maybe never. This is practice - where players practice what's unnatural to them to get better. What's more concerning is I know Enos coached Martell on how to throw with proper footwork and body mechanics but he still hasn't got it. To me, and I reiterate I don't know for sure, is that Tate didn't put in the time all summer to perfect this. I'm as certain on anyone on this board Martell is a gamer who has everything except perfect throwing mechanics. Most extreme example of this is Tebow who also played under Urban who never attempted to correct his throwing motion. Don't fix what works vs. college players is what Urban subscribes to. Adjust offense to strength. Not saying thats the right thing to do.
Williams - clearly the best passer, no big flaws we can see from our limited practice film. A bit slow in his drop but in a pro offense that won't limit him. Only will if Enos runs mostly RPO.
N'kosi - clearly the best arm and we all know he struggled a bit from the mental game in Richt's offense which Richt sometimes said "is my fault, I told him to."

Last edited:
Advertisement
if you wouldn’t take college manziel on this team right now you are outside of your **** mind
Not saying I wouldn't take him, but Mike Evans deserves a lot of the credit for Manziel's success. A good percentage of Manziel's completions were prayers thrown up in the teeth of the defense, with Evans getting the ball over 2-3 defenders.

Advertisement
Do you really want a 5’8” QB with no arm strength as our starting QB?... you don’t want that trust me.
If he studies the film, makes the right decisions, keeps the chains moving and makes plays with his legs when things break down. Then yes I do want a 5’8 QB who actually know what the heck he’s doing and doesn’t have the dear in headlights look Kosi made so famous last year.

Advertisement
Shockey and Winslow were never in the same TE group. Shockey's Jr (2001 NC) year Winslow was a true FR WR who played on specials and garbage time. Robert and David Williams were the backup TEs. That spring, Shockey declared for the draft and Winslow got moved to TE.

Best since Franks/Fulcher?

I'm beginning to lean this way myself, based on the reports we've gotten. However, there is a LOT that the media and fans haven't gotten to see thus far, so the coaches have a much bigger set of observations to make their choice from. I wouldn't give up on Tate yet, or Perry. Given his track record, I absolutely trust Enos to make the best decision until he gives a reason not to.

Based on the bias of that chick gaby from 10 mins of 1 on 1s... im all for whomever but making an assessment with such little sample size is stupid

Advertisement
Back