Practice #11?

Does it make sense to keep both Gaynor and Clark at center? Clark will need to wait around for 3 seasons unless he unseats Gaynor.

And don't anyone think about suggesting that Gaynor will turn pro early. One of them should get a look at guard.
[/QUOTE]

With the way Barry has been running thing it seems like he may get a look but he will stick him at the position he is best at. Also, if Clark gets a RS this year he would wait 2 years behind Gaynor. Great to have the depth there and if Reed or one of our other guards can't get it done and he is mauling people as a back-up center I think Barry gives him a shot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keep preaching.

We’ve got some fanboys here that have lost all perspective.

Just taking into account Enos and Manny, we’ve got two guys whose futures, careers, and reputations are on the line.

You think they care about whose the cutest QB? Do you think they have fangirl crushes?

They can make mistakes, but even if they initially make an unproductive choice, it will have been based on a million times more data points than anyone here, instead of who makes them moist when they open their hips to throw a pass.

I just don't understand how some of these porsters refuse to understand this. We have professional coaches with families, mortgages, and career goals. Manny just got his dream job, and I am sure he wants to keep it for a while. I'm also sure Enos wants to continue to build his resume and put his name into consideration for future head coaching jobs.

Nobody is sailing off to retirement on this staff, least of all the only two men (Diaz and Enos) with real input on determining the starting QB. And the only way these coaches will meet their professional aspirations is to produce.

Of course, coaches aren't infallible. They can get it wrong. But nobody has more incentive to start the QB that gives the team the best chance to win than the coaches. Nobody has more information at their disposal regarding the strengths and weaknesses of each of the QBs than the coaches. And nobody (at least not on this website) has a better idea of what they should be looking for when watching these QBs than the coaches.

Does anyone ever wonder why Martell got run out of Ohio State?

I wanted to get a deeper scoop on martell so I went and spoke with some buckeye fans and here is what I basically got

If you're a tate fan just skip this post..

-mommas boy
-rich kid, possibly spoiled and most likely as he is ****y af ( lived in like a 500k house and drove a brand new bmw in high school )
-got into some stuff off the field
-has panic attacks when the pocket collapses
-noodle arm

and probably the most damning thing I found -

"Kid isn't a ohio state quality starting qb... Never will be... Glad he's leaving... Ain't no comparison too fields... Too slow.. Inaccurate and folds hard under pressure... Let him stick too his manicures, mommy's haircuts, and being a spoiled brat elsewhere... Hes just not a starter.... Nuff said... "

I'm always skeptical about people that come from that kind of money, what kind of adversity do you face growing up like that? You have to have one **** of a father figure keeping you in line if you're going to grow up in such a nice situation.

May the best man win

Edit: also https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ll-nick-starkel-transfer-history-beef-twitter

this was on top of calling fields trash and then leaving before the competition ever began when fields announced he was heading to osu

Am I the only one wondering where this narrative of Nkosi being turnover prone is coming from? He was the only QB that didn’t throw a pick in the last 2 spring scrimmages. It’s not like he was a pick machine last year. Only throwing 6 picks as a freshman in Richt’s terrible offense was almost impressive to me.

Advertisement
Tate went the Kaaya route in the scrimmage... “if I only throw 5 yard passes the offense won’t go anywhere but I won’t throw any interceptions either”.. WIN / WIN!?? 🤔
3 of those equal 15 yards and first down. You know moving the chains, establishing long drives while giving our elite defense some rest. Combo that with our elite backs and hopefully play calling and I think that’s a recipe for going 11-1 or 10-2 at worst. I think everyone on here will take that!

Advertisement
I wanted to get a deeper scoop on martell so I went and spoke with some buckeye fans and here is what I basically got

If you're a tate fan just skip this post..

-mommas boy
-rich kid, possibly spoiled and most likely as he is ****y af ( lived in like a 500k house and drove a brand new bmw in high school )
-got into some stuff off the field
-has panic attacks when the pocket collapses
-noodle arm

and probably the most damning thing I found -

"Kid isn't a ohio state quality starting qb... Never will be... Glad he's leaving... Ain't no comparison too fields... Too slow.. Inaccurate and folds hard under pressure... Let him stick too his manicures, mommy's haircuts, and being a spoiled brat elsewhere... Hes just not a starter.... Nuff said... "

I'm always skeptical about people that come from that kind of money, what kind of adversity do you face growing up like that? You have to have one **** of a father figure keeping you in line if you're going to grow up in such a nice situation.

May the best man win

Edit: also https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ll-nick-starkel-transfer-history-beef-twitter

this was on top of calling fields trash and then leaving before the competition ever began when fields announced he was heading to osu

This is all basically nonsense.

Just rich people stereotypes.

Not only that, but it’s not like his family is made up of high rollers.

Justin Fields comes from a very similar background. Nice house. Parents not hurting, etc.

But if you want to listen to the uneducated ramblings of some ****** from Ohio, have at it.

For you Tate lovers it's not going to happen. The kid just is not accurate and we have big time potential WR'S who need the ball downfield. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the skill set needed in our offense. My bet is on Jarren Williams to start against UF even with no experience. The kid has the goods to be very special.

What exactly are you basing this on? A few reporters watching a few minutes of practice? Fact is that no one outside of the coaching staff has an idea on who will start on Aug 24th and I don't think they know for sure yet. Frankly, I wish one of them would start to stand out, but that obviously hasn't happened yet.

Justin Fields comes from a very similar background. Nice house. Parents not hurting, etc.

But if you want to listen to the uneducated ramblings of some ****** from Ohio, have at it.

and the twitter bs?

Advertisement
Am I the only one wondering where this narrative of Nkosi being turnover prone is coming from? He was the only QB that didn’t throw a pick in the last 2 spring scrimmages. It’s not like he was a pick machine last year. Only throwing 6 picks as a freshman in Richt’s terrible offense was almost impressive to me.

I think it's more about the way he carries the football and the fumbles than the picks. He fumbled the ball 5 times and had 191 pass attempts and 61 rushes last year. For the sake of comparison, the year before Malik Rosier fumbled 5 times in 415 pass attempts and 131 rushes.

Agreed, the rich kid is BS. But he was right on the other stuff about his skill set & how he rubs people the wrong way. Again, Ohio State ran him out. they were packing his bags for him. No shock that Day supported him leaving & helped get him immediately eligible.

I just don't understand how some of these porsters refuse to understand this. We have professional coaches with families, mortgages, and career goals. Manny just got his dream job, and I am sure he wants to keep it for a while. I'm also sure Enos wants to continue to build his resume and put his name into consideration for future head coaching jobs.

Nobody is sailing off to retirement on this staff, least of all the only two men (Diaz and Enos) with real input on determining the starting QB. And the only way these coaches will meet their professional aspirations is to produce.

Of course, coaches aren't infallible. They can get it wrong. But nobody has more incentive to start the QB that gives the team the best chance to win than the coaches. Nobody has more information at their disposal regarding the strengths and weaknesses of each of the QBs than the coaches. And nobody (at least not on this website) has a better idea of what they should be looking for when watching these QBs than the coaches.

IDK...Gaboowins has seen 20 minutes of throwing warmups like 15-20 times by now. Him and his followers might be the ones best suited to make this decision.

Advertisement
Back